GUILTY CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This link is the bankruptcy papers in CA b94af853-4d99-421f-9e7e-a41e1156da93 | Chapter 7 | Bankruptcy

Note some of the wording regarding Ch 7 and that the statements involving median income and family size, yes family size. It says creditors have a right to protest the filing of bankruptcy protection and discharge of debts if the income is greater than the median income for a particular family size.

One thought I had is I wonder if the children were kept continuously hostage so that possibly the Turpins could continue spending money like crazy and then file yet another bankruptcy filing so that in essence all of their debts for things like new cars and credit card debt would continuously be discharged and they would not have to pay a cent.

They last filed for bankruptcy in 2011 and after 8 years, they would not have to disclose the previous bankruptcy filings in court. That means that by 2019, they could file yet a 3rd bankruptcy filing, perhaps in Oklahoma, and start yet another spending spree.

This link is the bankruptcy papers in CA b94af853-4d99-421f-9e7e-a41e1156da93 | Chapter 7 | Bankruptcy

Note some of the wording regarding Ch 7 and that the statements involving median income and family size, yes family size. It says creditors have a right to protest the filing of bankruptcy protection and discharge of debts if the income is greater than the median income for a particular family size.

One thought I had is I wonder if the children were kept continuously hostage so that possibly the Turpins could continue spending money like crazy and then file yet another bankruptcy filing so that in essence all of their debts for things like new cars and credit card debt would continuously be discharged and they would not have to pay a cent.

They last filed for bankruptcy in 2011 and after 8 years, they would not have to disclose the previous bankruptcy filings in court. That means that by 2019, they could file yet a 3rd bankruptcy filing, perhaps in Oklahoma, and start yet another spending spree.

Another Vegas or Disneyland trip?

From Article: Turpin family: Chilling 911 call released in court reveals extent of abuse - CNN

A doctor who treated the family said the 11-year-old girl was in the worst condition when the examined her, Patrick Morris, Supervising Investigator for Riverside County District Attorney, testified.
She had a body weight percentile of .01 and her mid arm circumference was equal to that of a 4.5-month-old baby, Morris testified. The doctor said she had psychosocial dwarfism, stunted growth due to living in an environment that is abusive or neglected.
The 15-year-old boy had difficulty walking, vitamin D deficiency, and visible scoliosis. He told the doctor that he wanted to kill animals and could predict the future, Morris testified.

-------------------------------------------

ETA: I'm actually shocked that none of these children died. The neglect and abuse is unimaginable.

I wouldn't be surprised if one had. There was at least one pregnancy mentioned in a comment by David on his Facebook page that (paraphrasing) there was another one on the way. That baby doesn't line up with the known ages of the children. Perhaps a miscarriage, perhaps not.

I wouldn't be surprised if one had. There was at least one pregnancy mentioned in a comment by David on his Facebook page that (paraphrasing) there was another one on the way. That baby doesn't line up with the known ages of the children. Perhaps a miscarriage, perhaps not.
It appears that Louise had trouble getting pregnant with the 13th baby, she was visiting a fertility clinic.

You might have hit on something for some large families who end up struggling to cope. I think with the T's that it has always been about more than struggling to cope, though. I think all this started back when D and L had only one or two children.

I wonder if the hygiene thing is partly about saying "you don't deserve nice things like showers"? I don't think it's about laziness or the money for water, I think it's yet another level of punishment on the siblings just for existing.

BBM
IMO, Just speculating:
Maybe their kooky rationale was "why bother with a shower, you'll be wearing filthy, unwashed clothes the rest of your life. . ."

Yes, I saw the facebook posting with something like "In another 9 months there will be another one." Then there was another weird facebook post talking about she doesn't have the "urge to reproduce at the moment" (or something similar) I think aimed to her former obstetrician in Texas.

I think one more kid meant they'd be able to ride the bankruptcy train for at least a couple more times. More kids meant they'd meet the family size/median income eligibility to file for bankruptcy in 2019 and then another time sometime after that. Along with them both being complete sadists, I think they had a financial motive to keep their offspring in captivity. After all, if you don't educate your kids, you'll never have to incur the expense of sending them off to college.

They ran up tens of thousands of dollars of credit card debt on multiple cards and stores like Kohls and Target. I'll bet that DVD collection in the garage that had the meticulously alphabetized set of practically every TV show and movie ever made cost well over $25,000 (and they valued it at $500). And they used the enormous family size in their bankruptcy documents to justify filing for bankruptcy... and only spent the cost of a peanut butter sandwich per day per kid and whatever the cost was for the meager clothes that they purchased for them.

Yes, they put $2500 a month for food.

Could be if David and Louise went out to eat all of the time

I think they spent about $2.50 a day on the 12 kids for a jar of peanut butter and about $2.50 a day for a loaf of bread. That would pretty much account for the once-a-day meal that the kids had (sometimes there was bologna instead of peanut butter, and sometimes frozen burritos).

So they spent $5 a day for the 12 kids for food (about $150 a month). That means they spent about $150 per month on the entire set of kids they held captive + a couple of dollars for drinking out of the kitchen faucet for the water they drank.

As far as the $2,500 they claimed, 94 % of it was for Louise and David and their dogs (who they apparently fed), not the kids, who they were systematically starving as if the house was some sort of Nazi concentration camp. Who knows where most of the $2,500 per month went --- compulsive purchases, gambling? I will bet that the authorities will look at the credit card purchases through a subpoena and get a very precise idea of what exactly they were spending their money on. I'll bet it will be shocking.

I think they spent about $2.50 a day on the 12 kids for a jar of peanut butter and about $2.50 a day for a loaf of bread. That would pretty much account for the once-a-day meal that the kids had (sometimes there was bologna instead of peanut butter, and sometimes frozen burritos).

So they spent $5 a day for the 12 kids for food (about $150 a month). That means they spent about $150 per month on the entire set of kids they held captive + a couple of dollars for drinking out of the kitchen faucet for the water they drank.

As far as the $2,500 they claimed, 94 % of it was for Louise and David and their dogs (who they apparently fed), not the kids, who they were systematically starving as if the house was some sort of Nazi concentration camp. Who knows where most of the $2,500 per month went --- compulsive purchases, gambling? I will bet that the authorities will look at the credit card purchases through a subpoena and get a very precise idea of what exactly they were spending their money on. I'll bet it will be shocking.
I wondered about gambling too, with their Las Vegas trips.

I wondered about gambling too, with their Las Vegas trips.

Also I thought about internet gambling. But I don't think that the internet had that many internet gambling sites around the 1992 time frame when they filed for bankruptcy the first time in Texas. This is when they only had the oldest daughter and an infant son (2 children). They must have thrown all of their money away somehow. Somehow an electrical engineer's income was spent on something in Texas in the early 1990s before computers and the internet were in widespread use.

And it is also somewhat of a mystery exactly where they lived from 1986 to 1992. And why did they have a separate P.O. Box? Why would someone not want mail delivery people to deliver directly to the house? What types of items were they purchasing that were presumably being delivered to a P.O. Box instead of a residence?

This made me nauseous.

Do we know for a fact that Louise is the mother of the 2 yr old? What age is the next-oldest?
Dang..... I wonder if they did a dna test. It could be one of the girls, not the moms. Nothing would surprise me here.

Also I thought about internet gambling. But I don't think that the internet had that many internet gambling sites around the 1992 time frame when they filed for bankruptcy the first time in Texas. This is when they only had the oldest daughter and an infant son (2 children). They must have thrown all of their money away somehow. Somehow an electrical engineer's income was spent on something in Texas in the early 1990s before computers and the internet were in widespread use.

And it is also somewhat of a mystery exactly where they lived from 1986 to 1992. And why did they have a separate P.O. Box? Why would someone not want mail delivery people to deliver directly to the house? What types of items were they purchasing that were presumably being delivered to a P.O. Box instead of a residence?
People can gamble anywhere. Is there no off racetrack gambling in the US? No poker machines outside of Vegas. The person that I knew who was a gambling addict was before the Internet and he found plenty of places to gamble.

This made me nauseous.

Do we know for a fact that Louise is the mother of the 2 yr old? What age is the next-oldest?
Yes. In the first few weeks after they were arrested, LE came out and said that all of the siblings were both LT and DT's children. The next oldest is a 11-year-old girl, turning 12 this year I think. She is the one with a bunch of medical problems and I think that she was one of the girls that were chained when the 17-year-old sister ran away to get help.

When I look at the size of this family, I can't help but remember those couponing shows where people get a bunch of groceries almost for free because they are so good with coupons. These two had options. They didn't have to starve their children and they certainly didn't have to abuse them. They just didn't want to feed them and let them go.

Yes. In the first few weeks after they were arrested, LE came out and said that all of the siblings were both LT and DT's children. The next oldest is a 11-year-old girl, turning 12 this year I think. She is the one with a bunch of medical problems and I think that she was one of the girls that were chained when the 17-year-old sister ran away to get help.

Yes, this is correct. It was the 14-year-old (#12) and the 11-year-old (#10) that were chained up when they got there, along with the second boy (#4). (Note, ages are of when the arrests happened in January. I don't know what month the birthdays are for #10, #11, or #12.) While it has been questioned several times here, I believe it has been stated that all the kids are D+L's.

I think it was stated in court last week that #8 shared a bedroom with #10, #11, and #12, and #10 and #12 were chained. I believe it was #11 (the 12-year-old) who crawled out with #8 but got afraid and went back inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patienceiam