CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the stories given by family relatives such as Louise's sister would have more credibility IF they would have noticed the bad things in the home. The horrible smell should have been a giveaway even to the neighbors back when the Turpins lived in Texas. Attitudes of "Embarrassed", "Horrified", "Shocked" that we have been hearing from the stories, I could sense those kind of feelings, but the fact that they did absolutely nothing to get those kids out of that rancid environment makes their tears look more and more like Crocodile Tears.

No Turpin relatives should be granted custody of the kids. My question than would be how long could the children stay with social services? Would the adults be given less recovery time on the basis that they are adults? We have all heard about children being adopted, but not so much adults being adopted. Another question I wonder about. How long do you think that this case will take to get to trial?

Satch

I agree. At first we were supposed to believe the 17yo--and therefore all the kids---had only had a 1st grade education.

Now we learn that the parents arranged for the oldest son to attend college, where he maintained a nearly-perfect gpa. (He wasn't taking the hardest courses in the world, but I imagine any accredited college is going to make homeschooled children who can't prove academic rigor take remedial classes to show they are college-ready.)

We learn that two of the daughters would be out of the home getting mail at the mailbox.

We learn that they participated in a Christmas decoration contest, and five of the children attended the award ceremony. It's not like they were recluses, necessarily. A recluse would not participate in neighborhood events.

They've taken kids out to Las Vegas and Disneyland, Krispy Kreme donuts, pictures by the lake.

This paints a far different picture to the one given by the DA, who made it sound like they were living in a dungeon.

I don't know what to think at this point. I do believe the children were not given adequate nutrition or medical/dental care. As I said before, we've only scratched the surface of this case, and the information we've been given so far is highly tilted in favor of the state's position.

Tilted in the state’s favor because.....................

Shackled to beds in their own wastes is ok because they got to go to Disneyland?

A shower once a year is ok because they made a Christmas display?

The Christmas display is pathetic. I suppose the Turpins thought they would get a prize with it,

I

You are correct, going BOTH in and out of a memory care unit is by key code or RFID badge.

It may be more about making them feel safe that nobody can get into the facility and get them.

Malnutrition messes with one's memory and can cause confusion. I could see why the older ones may need more specialized care. At their ages, proper nutrition and memory games may help them to recover. My ex never really recovered his memory, but he was much, much, older, but he did seem less confused, and actually happy, and the adult care center.

I have not seen a photo where either parent is touching a child with the exception of the baby. I believe they were all taken places for photo ops so the pictures could be used to send to agents or studios in hope of becoming rich and famous. It sickens me to write that now.
In the staged photos we have seen, there is something completely off about the 'touching' in this family. There is a lack of natural affection connect, they touch each other mostly with extreme caution, and I doubt either parent gave any affection whatsoever past the toddler age, no hugs, no comforting, and the siblings were not allowed to give that to each other either.

Shackled to beds in their own wastes is ok because they got to go to Disneyland?

The Christmas display is pathetic. I suppose the Turpins thought they would get a prize with it,

I
I agree.
And they got to get the mail sometimes?
If anyone thinks this case is tilted in the State's favor now, wait until all of the details come out.

I am thinking that perhaps CPS will at some point be able to arranged for supervised visitation or communication (with the grandparents, not parents). Parameters might include not talking about anything that the parents are charged with.
I certainly hope NOT. The extended family has not cared for the last 29 years and I doubt the Survivors think of them or miss them or want them.

[FONT="]In California, there are various types of residential care and I am not sure what CBS meant by assisted living. I don't think the adults are going to "Elderly Assisted Living." They are probably going to one of the State licensed facilities or homes that are overseen by the Community Care Licensing Division in the State that have to be licensed. Here is the weblink that has some info on the type of facilities - [/FONT][/COLOR]https://secure.dss.ca.gov/CareFacilitySearch/ For adults, they have [COLOR=#333333][FONT="]Adult Day Programs, Adult Residential Facilities, Social Rehabilitation Facilities, Residential Care Facilities for the Chronically Ill, Enhanced Behavioral Support Homes for adults and something called Community Crisis. They are probably going to a facility where they can get continuing medical care as well as an introduction to basic life skills. I doubt it will be in a setting for elderly assisted living, but hopefully the press conferences will provide some more details in the future.

What I am concerned about is their privacy. I suppose there are a bunch of Hollywood producers or book publishers circling like vultures who want to exploit the kids and adults for profit who are going to try to get them involved in some sort of money making venture. Hopefully, the kids and adults will be kept away from these type of people.[/FONT]

They are going to need a ton of money which the state cannot and will not provide.

I feel it would be great if they got a ton of money like Jaycee Dugarrd did. Then they could have some luxury in their lives instead of the limited funds that will be available to them if they are in state care.

At some point, there could be a person or persons who have high ethical values that can guide them and perhaps there can be book deals.

A poster here questioned whether the kids were starved or just underdeveloped? Why do you believe that they were not starved? We know about them being deprived of food and even not being allowed to have food that was left out for Louise and David to eat. There is also evidence that Louise never cooked for the kids. She only cooked for David and herself. Those children even told Social Services that they were starving and that is what made them underdeveloped. Along with the abuse which went on for years, the foul-smelling home, lack of being able to socialize. These children were physically, mentally, and emotionally, battered, beaten, and starved by the Turpin parents.

Satch

Respectfully what makes you say that? Videos don't show that. Videos show them enjoying themselves. Evidently said just opposite of your wondering.
1. They were starved. They must have been exhausted and performing would be difficult for them.
2.They were probably terrified of making a mistake because the punishment would be severe.
2.They don't look happy to me at all. They look scared. I'm sure they were taught how to fake a smile and appear happy.

I
THANK YOU!

We always knew children were seen getting the mail, planting sod AT NIGHT, and one was allowed to go to college under Momster's complete and total control and watchful gaze. (Yeah, thats normal) . His ability to maintain such a high GPA is a testament to his resiliance and perseverance, not a lack of abuse. The fact that he didn't escape while attending classes is a testament to his fear not his freedom.

They were taken to disneyland with their disney obsessed parent's and posed for group photos to put on the Facebook to keep up a facade of normalcy. They were taken to Vegas 3 times to satisfy LT/DT's bizarre and repetitious vowel renewals and used as props to again create a false vision of a "normal family".

The "Christmas display" is again a shot at appearing normal, not a sign of normalcy. The abuse was pervasive, depraved, and went on for decades. Just because they have been "outside" and to Krispy Creme does not mean that the abuse was not as depraved and chronic as the DA has found through the survivors narratives and communicated back to the public.

Nerve damage from abuse, cognitive delays from abuse and starvation, neuropathy, muscle wasting, malnutrition, one adult survivor randomly allowed to take college classes in his mid to late twenties , and a 29 year old who weighed 82 lbs and likely near death.

Yeah, sounds like the DA is being completely dramatic. What a full childhood they were provided by The Turpins.

:mad:

in the DR Suess photo, one of the younger girls is reaching out to (who I think is) the oldest girl, and leaning quite far to do so. It looks quite tender to me, and not staged for the photo.

When LE arrived at the house, one victim was chained to their bed (and two others were also chained to their bed, but LP/TP were able to unchain them). That, combined with the fact that the DA had also stated the kids were not allowed to have toys and most of the toys in the house were still unopened and in their original packaging, IMO it's far more likely that the zip ties were used to constrain the victims and not toys. jmo

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/18/us/turpin-family-investigation/index.html

http://abcnews.go.com/US/13-captive-siblings-forced-shower-year-strangled-subject/story?id=52431816

Zip ties are strong. They could have used actual ropes back in the day of the zip ties, and tethered them to the zip ties. A zip tie to the bed and a zip tie to the ankle, with a rope in between. iirc they figured out how to untie the ropes and LT/DT moved to actual shackles. When I hear shackles, I think of actual shackles.

https://www.galls.com/smith-wesson-...5Auzhndw_K9LIef09XFGSf7EDdkwRgTMaAluaEALw_wcB

I think that it is good news that they will be out of the hospital soon. I have been looking at the model home pictures again and I finally found out what bedroom the 17 year old escaped from. It is in the still photos and is the one on the far right labeled Bedroom 5 - http://fusion.realtourvision.com/m/gallery.php?tourid=70634 . I also look and try to imagine how awful it must have been in there - 3 to maybe up to 5 people were constantly locked in these small bedrooms and just wonder how they kept their sanity.

It looks as though BR 5 was at the front of the house definitely because in the exterior view, you can see the dots on the bedspread clearly through the window. Behind BR 5 was what was called the Den. Then in the back of the house on the other side, the rest of the bedrooms were over there.

Since the patio furniture is the same, do you think they bought the rest of the furniture in the house?

I wonder if the parents used their master bath for showers more than once a year.

While the article says assisted living, jmho I thinking more in facility that does this, independent living skills.

Just example, this one is for 14-17 year olds. Again we know nothing of their abilities. But for older of all, this helps in all aspects. Jmho
Independent Living Skills

The Key House provides Independent Life Skills (ILS) services to all clients as part of the Key House programming. Clients participate in ILS services as part of the general daily format of activities. Mentoring our clients is the pillar of program. Some clients also engage in individualized ILS services depending upon their age and as indicated in their mentoring plan. Clients are taught how to prepare meals, do their laundry, clean their rooms, organize their day, manage their money, study habits, set life goals, prepare for outings, and other activities, necessary to live life independently. Clients engage in many of these activities on a daily basis. Clients are praised for successfully completing activities and are coached on how to complete difficult activities by program staff and other applicable staff until they master the ILS skills.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...ate=CA&spec=241&spec=243&ref=2&tr=ResultsName

I think the additional list of needed items (not the clothes) is interesting and kind of sad:
Crafts (Jewelry kits, Weaving Kits, etc)
Play-Do
Legos
​Journal (preferably hard-bound)
Notebooks, for doodling (fun, pretty, glittery)
Crayons (primary colors)
Books dealing with emotions and feelings

I mean, Play Doh and crayons and Legos are normal things for kids to want. However, when you step back and consider that these "kids" are in their late teens and even mid-late 20s, it's just sad (not in a pathetic way but in a heartbreaking way). (And yes, I realize that there are a few younger ones but the majority of them are older than what we typically see.) In its own way, I think it's kind of sweet. Most of these kids have apparently been so isolated and cut off that just having sparkly journals, a jewelry weaving kit, and primary-colored crayons are desired right now-not iPads, laptops, etc. I swear to God, it makes me want to go to Hobby Lobby and buy out the whole gosh-darn store for them.

Those are also good things for therapy. When I had to recover from a bad m/c wreck I had to use play doh type stuff to rebuild strength, pick up small household items, use things I'd always used but build strength using them over again. Folding towels was one very boring activity. They have no muscle strength at all I'd guess. Possibly low hand/eye coordination and these will help them build that and give them things of their own instead of it being items belonging to the therapist.

1. They were starved. They must have been exhausted and performing would be difficult for them.
2.They were probably terrified of making a mistake because the punishment would be severe.
2.They don't look happy to me at all. They look scared. I'm sure they were taught how to fake a smile and appear happy.

I think that in the portions of the Las Vegas videos I saw, they looked unnatural and uncomfortable and were faking the smiles. Also in the parts I saw, the kids in the 'audience' didn't seem to be interacting with each other at all. I also think the parents had the girls wear: 1) white stockings to cover up the bruises and sores from being constantly shackled 2) white stockings to cover up how bony they were and 3) the girls wore some sort of dress that was actually a smock to hide how they actually looked. Who wears white stockings?

The boys wore full suits because the parents wanted to hide how starved they were as well. The middle boy looks like he clearly has the rickets or something like that.

I could not watch the whole set of videos, only excerpts, because it was just so upsetting. But it reminded me of POW videos that came from Vietnam when the POWs had to in front of the cameras say how great they were being treated in a POW camp when in fact they were being tortured regularly.

I think that in the portions of the Las Vegas videos I saw, they looked unnatural and uncomfortable and were faking the smiles. Also in the parts I saw, the kids in the 'audience' didn't seem to be interacting with each other at all. I also think the parents had the girls wear: 1) white stockings to cover up the bruises and sores from being constantly shackled 2) white stockings to cover up how bony they were and 3) the girls wore some sort of dress that was actually a smock to hide how they actually looked. Who wears white stockings?

The boys wore full suits because the parents wanted to hide how starved they were as well. The middle boy looks like he clearly has the rickets or something like that.

I could not watch the whole set of videos, only excerpts, because it was just so upsetting. But it reminded me of POW videos that came from Vietnam when the POWs had to in front of the cameras say how great they were being treated in a POW camp when in fact they were being tortured regularly.

All of this, and the worst part is they knew what they were going home to.

I certainly hope NOT. The extended family has not cared for the last 29 years and I doubt the Survivors think of them or miss them or want them.

This is not factual as there are photos with extended family as well as posts. There is also a photo of grandparents at the double wide with LT and -DT. Side note his hair style is normal and shorter. In background a young daughter walking around. Photo is dated 2002 IIRC and sitting at one end of large brown sectional similar if not same that lids all on with infant.

ETA: they didn't purchase double wide until 4/2004, so unsure whose home but photo date imprinted 1/4/2002.

And 29 is age of oldest and we've seen photo of LT, #1, and LT, with a big cake.

Too much assumptions jmho

This is not factual as there are photos with extended family as well as posts. There is also a photo of grandparents at the double wide with LT and -DT. Side note his hair style is normal and shorter. In background a young daughter walking around. Photo is dated 2002 IIRC and sitting at one end of large brown sectional similar if not same that lids all on with infant.

And 29 is age of oldest and we've seen photo of LT, #1, and LT, with a big cake.

Too much assumptions jmho

Things were different in 2002. It doesn't really mean anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hskrgrl1955