CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question I had...why 4 cars? And the neighbor in Ft. Worth said that they had a new Mustang every year or two. It's not like they were a normal family who had young adults driving to jobs, etc. was this another way to make things look more normal as the kids got to driving age?
The new Mustang every couple of years sounds like a lease. It may have even been leased by the company he worked for.

I’m not convinced the story is true that she told her sister about DT driving her 700 miles to meet someone for sex. Could have just been told as part of her “amazing” fantasy life.

No one dreams up a roadtrip to get banged in a Huntsville hotel.

Defense contractors are in Huntsville. David has always worked for defense contractors.

NASA and space camp are also there. I have actually been to Huntsville. Nothing against the place. I didn't stay in a hotel though.

Wow, good eye, I didn't look closely enough to notice that!

Maybe it's a backdrop? A setting where people pose for photos?

I don't think it's photoshopped.
IMO, it's a backdrop.
It's like when kids get school photos and they're posing in front of some generic backdrop.

What is with the Turpins' obsession with returning to the same places over and over again? It's baffling.

attachment.php

attachment.php

My eyes... They're burning.

Cannot. Be. Unseen.

I've never understood why people put so much emphasis on the age difference between LT and DT. My dad's parents were 20 years apart. I don't know what kind of marriage they had though, since my grandma died before I was even born...

And my parents are only 5 years apart, which isn't such a huge deal now but when they were younger it would have been an issue. My dad was 21 and my mom was 16 when I was born  They married young as well, and spent 15 years together before separating in 2007.

I've never been one to care about the age difference between people. It is what it is.

This happened plenty of times in previous generations (at least on our family tree).

Respectfully snipped for space...

With all due respect, I think that people who comment along the lines of 'these kids will all be resilient....' never experienced heavy duty child abuse and just don't understand how it is. It wears a person down, and I know that there's this element of the abuse having been since infancy, for me, that has me 'mixed up' because I lacked adult reasoning abilities at that time and lacked ability to understand what was going on and lacked ability to articulate any of it. Then, add on top of that, all the 'you're mistaken - that didn't happen' kerap and one winds up feeling vulnerable and mixed up.

You are a brave soul and thank you for sharing. Nobody deserves what happened to you. My husband faced years of physical and emotional torture. He was denied food, beaten, locked in closets for days at a time forcing him to sit/lay in his own waste. My childhood was marked by the egregious betrayal of someone I should have been able to trust after losing my father at 4 yo. My abuse was emotional and sexual. We have both had years of psychotherapy.

As survivors, we will never be the same. We are forever changed by what happened to us and we will carry it with us forever.

I am in Michigan and the Nassar case is going on. The women who chose to share their impact statements are warriors. They are my heroes. I never had a chance to confront my abuser, let alone have him face his consequences in a court of law. I have taken a few lessons from their bravery and tenacity.

We are survivors.

Sometimes we are fragile. We tire of fighting. Some days we just barely make it through the day. Sometimes the burden of our wounds consume us......

And yet we remain.

We live. We love. We get up in the morning and put on our armor. We raise our children with dignity and respect. Somehow we learn to love and trust again. We make our lives the best we can. We try to make a difference in the world.

We are warriors.

Keep fighting. The world needs you. Your voice is important. Your life is important!

IMO, if we really knew the depth and breadth of child abuse in this world, we wouldn't be able to bear it. The Turpin case is horrifying, but child abuse happens all the time, everywhere, and the cases made nationally/internationally public are are just a single grain of sand.

Most people don't want to know the amount of child abuse and neglect in this world. It's not like the stats are hidden, especially US statistics.

The United States has one of the worst records among industrialized nations – losing on average between four and seven children every day to child abuse and neglect.

"January 2017: The report shows an increase in child abuse referrals from 3.6 million to 4 million. The number of children involved subsequently increased to 7.2 million from 6.6 million. The report also indicates an increase in child deaths from abuse and neglect to 1,670 in 2015, up from 1,580 in 2014.1 Some reports estimate child abuse fatalities at 1,740 or even higher."

7.2 million cases of abuse and neglect - there are 682,000 social workers in US. This number seems more than adequate when you consider there are only 421,000 police officers in the US, a population of 350 million.

• 80% of child fatalities involve at least one parent.1
  • 74.8% of child fatalities are under the age of 3.1
  • 72.9% of the child abuse victims die from neglect.1
  • 43.9% of the child abuse victims die from physical abuse.1
  • 49.4% of children who die from child abuse are under one year.1
  • Almost 60,000 children are sexually abused"

As a result, the statistics for drug abuse, suicides, criminal activity, and subsequent abuse perpetrated by the victim's on their children are equally as alarming.

In 2016, approx 40 unarmed black and white men were killed by police - (this is not a commentary, but a comparison), and approx 1,500 innocent, helpless children were murdered or neglected to death by someone that was supposed to protect them. Why so much national attention and outrage for one tragedy and not the other?

IMO, it is because there's no money or political gain to be made from abused children (unless, of course, you are an incumbent DA with a high profile case and an election coming up), children can't sue their parents for civil rights violations - their plight has never been a cause endorsed by a US President, ever.

We go on about opiate addiction, overcrowded prisons, crime, shootings, etc., but God forbid we talk about the root cause of the vast majority of these issues - generational bad parenting.

Maybe the repeated bull photo was a down low way to commemorate the Huntsville trip as it happened on the way.

I think that trip and the return was Significant.

The main thing about the age gap with these two is people getting it wrong:

He was 23, she was 16. That is not a 15 year gap (as I have read some places).

I just like to be precise with these things.

Why is the audience wearing the exact same clothes in these pictures? Def photo shop.

Wow - good spot !!

eta - just read ^^ posters explaining it is probably a backdrop. So weird to get the same photo in different years though imo. But then this couple are more than weird, they are incomprehensible, again oimo.

I agree but there will come a time when the county/state will want to get the children's expenses off their tab.
DT's brother only wants to adopt the younger children. LT's siblings want to take a bunch of them and spread them out
amongst them. Probably looking at the monthly foster check, IMO.
How likely is it the older ones will ever find a real home? I really feel for them.

My hope is that the adult children become gainfully employed, mentally stable, and take their sibling's into their own homes.

It's nice to see the 2 of them chained. I hope the jail has rules permitting them to keep these 2 chained to their beds nonstop, just like they did to their kids.
They are each locked in their cells. So, there's that at least.

I agree but there will come a time when the county/state will want to get the children's expenses off their tab.
DT's brother only wants to adopt the younger children. LT's siblings want to take a bunch of them and spread them out
amongst them. Probably looking at the monthly foster check, IMO.
How likely is it the older ones will ever find a real home? I really feel for them.

This is what worries me - if the county or state wants to stop paying for these kids and adults, and it's "any port in a storm" for fostering or adopting, that family will be allowed to step up without regard for how suitable they are. I have heard - and I think it depends on the jurisdiction and the caseworkers - that kinship foster homes or adoptive homes are not very thoroughly background checked or evaluated at all. The state/county pushes the kids into the home and crosses their fingers.

Considering the family and the kids, and the number of kids and some are adults, this is a good idea. I would love to see them go somewhere like Hope Meadows: https://www.npr.org/2015/08/04/4292...adults-help-families-care-for-foster-children where older adults help mentor foster kids and families who have adopted them.

My hope is that the adult children become gainfully employed, mentally stable, and take their sibling's into their own homes.

I hope so. That sounds nice.

I don't know, but look! The same crowd returned, sitting in the SAME, seats, wearing the SAME clothes!!

It must be a national phenomenon.

( ;) )

And some of them don't even have any faces! :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads