CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't people just send in a donation?

What, seriously, is the purpose of these shirts?

To me, the larger arm looks like it could be from the older boy behind her. The picture is just really odd though. Where the older boy and girl meet up is super odd looking and I do see what you're talking about with the leg that looks like it's behind the mom.

Yea a few things just seem off.

As others suggested its possible they just wanted to make the photo better and so maybe they edited it to try to make it better.

Hi everyone,

Asking for suggestions regarding linking the journal article. Here are our choices:

I cannot link the article in its entirety here. However, I can upload it somewhere else and link it within the forum.

Or

I can copy and paste parts of the article with a correct citation giving the authors credit and post it here with no link.

One option links you to the entire article. The other, provides you with parts of the article that I choose to c/p here.

I am not comfortable uploading the article to my personal google docs from here. I would be happy to upload it somewhere else and link it .

Also the article is pretty easy to find through googling.

Any suggestions?

Yea a few things just seem off.

As others suggested its possible they just wanted to make the photo better and so maybe they edited it to try to make it better.

I've seen that suggestion as well, maybe I'm the minority but I would never think to edit a photo of my family........but I'm also not on FB so I don't know how common this really is.

The Turpins had four vehicles in their driveway! I can sort of understand DT and LT each having a car in addition to the 15-passenger family van, but what is the fourth vehicle for?

Do you think they bought the extra cars just to taunt the children?

Just wondering....

MOO

I totally agree with you. I even saw on here that there were some trying to justify or explain why there could be things such as chained children or chained and locked everything. The way it is stated implies doubt, to me.

Respectfully, the defense attorneys are not going to waltz into the courtroom, throw their hands up and declare their clients guilty, they are going to put on a defense, and in a high profile case, it's going to be a doozie.

The jury will ultimately decide based on facts, circumstantial evidence, the Prosecution's alleged motive, and a theory by the accused's defense team.

Are we not curious what the defense will use to try and "justify" the actions that are detailed in the DA's charges, and what will not be considered evidence at all?

Speaking for myself, presenting possible defense scenarios, in an effort to anticipate what the Turpin's attorneys may interject to possibly cause reasonable "doubt", is hardly justifying child abuse.

As a matter of fact, I share (eerily) much in common with these survivors and I can assure you there is no justification in my mind or heart for any form of child abuse. I have spent most of my life searching for a good excuse because my abuser died before I could find the courage to ask him why, and the other parent has offered little. I have found only one halfway justified excuse, the 1999 case of Betty Topper. Brain damage.

I have been on this forum for many years and have never so much as hinted at my story because I am a very private person and, IMO, it has no place on another victim's thread. I only now mention it because I would ask people to please consider this before harshly judging someone's words and/or intent...they might be victims too.

I've seen that suggestion as well, maybe I'm the minority but I would never think to edit a photo of my family........but I'm also not on FB so I don't know how common this really is.

JMO
I dont think I would either. The reason I became interested in this possible discrepancy in the photos is I was wondering if they were trying to hide something or cover something up.

Even if we can prove there was some editing it will be hard to prove why they would have done it.

I still am wondering if there was a missing child along the way. I wish there were more photos available of all the kids together at different times to keep a head count and compare the head count to the face count.

That is one thing that is surprising to me. If you had that many kids then it seems to me you would have tons of pictures of all of them together Like each Christmas for sure would be one holiday you would expect an annual christmas picture to exist with a family that large.

Hi everyone,

Asking for suggestions regarding linking the journal article. Here are our choices:

I cannot link the article in its entirety here. However, I can upload it somewhere else and link it within the forum.

Or

I can copy and paste parts of the article with a correct citation giving the authors credit and post it here with no link.

One option links you to the entire article. The other, provides you with parts of the article that I choose to c/p here.

I am not comfortable uploading the article to my personal google docs from here. I would be happy to upload it somewhere else and link it .

Any suggestions?

I think your idea of excerpts with citations along with enough information that people can find the article themselves is good. Maybe you can include your warning that, if they find it, it includes upsetting images? Then, everyone will see the information and have a chance to learn more if they can deal with the images?

I appreciate the warning. I am usually in CC because of my cousin and I have seen some things at links...

I agree. There is no need to put a lot of time and effort into making shirts. IMO.

Right, if the sole purpose is to raise money. But if you also want to raise awareness, then that’s something different.

Hi everyone,

Or

Any suggestions?

I vote for summary with citations.

I’m sure the t-shirt idea was well-meaning, but as others have said, money can be donated directly. Whoever makes t-shirts will have to be paid (even if it’s a small amount) and will be benefitting indirectly from this child abuse horror. Also, it seems exploitative to me to use the Turpin situation to promote a cause, however worthy it might be, especially without their permission. And it’s way too soon for that IMO. It’s a whole different situation than “Boston Strong” and identifying them as the “Magnficent 13”?...Just send money through the appropriate channels, please.

Right, if the sole purpose is to raise money. But if you also want to raise awareness, then that’s something different.

It would be raising awareness of this case in particular when there are many many other cases of child abuse that occur daily. And if anyone isn't aware of the child abuse that occurs here in the US and all over the world, they have their heads buried in the sand.

IMO

Someone was asking if there were interior photos of the Perris house. The attached photo would have been taken within the past two years. The patio seen in photos taken by the media while police were bringing out evidence, is behind them.

Observation...the young man all the way to the right looks painfully thin, while the older girls, all the way to the left look normal. Makes me wonder if the abuse was targeted to certain children.
Source

Attachments

• 4851BA2800000578-0-image-a-34_1516373016957.jpg
    4851BA2800000578-0-image-a-34_1516373016957.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 210
Someone was aaking if there were interior photos of the Perris house. The attached photo would have been taken within the past two years. The patio seen in photos taken by the media while police were bringing out evidence, is behind them.

Observation...the young man all the way to the right looks painfully thin, while the older girls, all the way to the left look normal. Makes me wonder if the abuse was targeted to certain children.
Source

While they were all found to be malnourished and physically abused, I agree with you. I believe that the oldest daughter was the scapegoat and the most targeted child. Maybe the oldest boys as well. I have said that from the beginning. It could also be that they appear that way because the oldest have been enduring the abuse the longest.

To your point, I agree. They were all horrifically abused, but I also am of the opinion that some were likely targeted more than others. LT/DT also likely pitted them against one another as part of their reign of terror. Speculation on my part and all :moo:

While they were all found to be malnourished and physically abused, I agree with you. I believe that the oldest daughter was the scapegoat and the most targeted child. Maybe the oldest boys as well. I have said that from the beginning.

To your point, I agree. They were all horrifically abused, but I also am of the opinion that some were likely targeted more than others. LT/DT also likely pitted them against one another as part of their reign of terror. Speculation on my part and all :moo:

Or the others, those not the targets, were afraid if they left the targeted would be killed. The old, "if you tell anyone, I will kill your family" threat.

Or the others, those not the targets, were afraid if they left the targeted would be killed. The old, "if you tell anyone, I will kill your family" threat.

Yes. To be clear, I think they were all targeted, just not equally. Its possible that some were brutalized more. And you are right. The SheRo that escaped expressed to the police that she was sure her parents would kill her for doing so...

Like you, I am positive she believed that because it was likely true and death threats were used to control them. LT/DT were killing them slowly as it is. It breaks my heart in a million pieces everytime I think of their torture and like to imagine them safe and cozy in the care of the hand picked professionals that are treating them. Although I know that their wounds are severe, deep, and will take a lifetime of salve to heal.

Welcome SkipperKey3!!]

Thanks. Been reading for awhile, including almost all threads on this. Still trying to figure out this forum interface, tho.

I don’t care for tapatalk but I’ll take whatever I can get :)
When I was directly on the websleuths website itself, I was constantly bombarded with “you’re the lucky winner of an iPhone....” so I stopped using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sent to the Kids. Purchased as a fund raiser with money going to the kids and at the same time a way to raise awareness of child abuse and show your support for them and their recovery.
i understand the heart you have to help the kids but I have to say that I feel like the other posters who have expressed concern over the T-shirt idea. I would hate for a bunch of people to be walking around with shirts that had anything on them that re-introduced my victimization or made me a poster child for a cause. Becoming an advocate, or being used that way, should be there own doing. Sell something to raise funds is a nice idea, just don’t personalize it to such a degree it’s identified with them personally.

We'll be starting a new thread when we get close to a thousand posts.

Just FYI.

If you feel a post should be brought over to the new thread please alert on the post and let the mods know you feel this post should be moved as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech