CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spice, thank you for the article/link. it may be worth saving, so I will add it to the media thread (unless someone already put it there)

I remember first reading about this case and thinking who would make t-shirts for their children that said thing 1, thing 2, etc.
I guess that really tickled LT.

The t-shirts are from Cat In The Hat.
Two of the characters are called Thing 1 and Thing 2.
It's not something LT and DT did themselves.

I hope you are right. Not sure how many therapists can afford to go pro bono for 13 people though

They will send in graduate students, they will send in the French Forieng legion, they will send in the CIA, there will be so much they need to learn! Sadly.....IMO

Also, if you enlarge photo with yellow circles, the one in the middle with #10s shoulder circled... her hair appears to go into a fold of cloth. This looks quite unnatural to me. It’s not like it’s behind a person, more that it’s behind a fold of cloth. While conceivably it could be a wrinkle in her brother’s shirt it would be very strange for it to have arrived in that position on its on I think. To me it looks like someone attempted to clone that spot and missed the fact the hair is now lying unnaturally. That said, I’m not sure anything nefarious can be assumed fro the photoshopping of Facebook pictures. I often photoshop my own and am quite good at it if I do say so myself. I think for so ek e like LT who is presenting her life as something it’s obviously not it would be almost a given she’s trying to make the pics look as good as possible. And if her husband was a computer engineer they most likely owned top of the line computers. I own the latest version of photoshop so, while expensive, it’s not out of reach for someone making the kind of money the bankruptciy papers said they made (or someone who went about racking up cc debt silly nilly!) all that said, I don’t think there is definitive proof one way or another for this pic bing edited. IMO.

I count 13 children.
Kind of hard to photoshop a kid out if all 13 are there in the picture.
IMO

If the community wanted to do shirts to heal from this trauma, I can understand that. Even though the Turpin incident is the impetus for it, they don't have to reference it. Keep it lighter and focus on caring and the community.

My issue with them being placed with anyone who has written a book that centralized fasting is that I don't think any kind of fasting should even be mentioned around these kids for at least a decade. They are going to have food issues for life, and it's going to be hard enough for them to keep a handle on healthy eating. They don't need to be around anyone who pushes fasting in their lives, even if they do not push it on the kids.

There's something else I want to say about it, but I can't really verbalize it at the moment. (I'm having some cognitive issues lately from health issues and have difficulty getting my thoughts together at times.) I'll either come back to it, or likely someone else in here will verbalize it and then I will say, This!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Absolutely,

When you got kids rescured who were starving to death, the last thing you want to do is place them with someone who encourages fasting. I'd extend that ten years of non-discussion to a lifetime. You want to help them with nutritional needs and health issues. This in itself could take years. Remember, there are reports that these kids did not even know how to brush their teeth. Were they even toilet trained.

This case is similar to a famous 1970 child abuse case where a girl called "Genie" was shackled in her room by her father for 13 years. She was beaten, starved, and chained for punishment. The father shot himself just before his trial. The only reason that she was found was her mother had an optometrist appointment, and accidentally walked into a Social Services office. Long story short, this 13-year old child had stunted growth, a strange walk, and was wearing diapers.

It's a famous case. The girls' real name was accidentally leaked years ago. At any rate. Doctors of many disciplines spent decades working with her, teaching her language, independence and social skills. You guys can look up her case online. Results varied from time to time for political reasons. At that time "Genie" was the most famous case of child abuse and therapy intervention recorded.

Now add 12 more kids to the horror of the Turpin case, and you will see and feel the emotional, physical, political, and judicial issues involved here. I don't think any of these agencies has EVER had a case like this, with abuse this bad, to so many kids at once. Were these kids even toilet trained? That's the impact of the horror here inflicted by these parents!

These poor souls had better not fall victim to someone who adopts them for fame or money. These children should never have to suffer again! My concern is that with so many agencies overbooked and the enormous impact of this case reaching international attention, special screening processes are going to have to be established for these kids, their caregivers, their potential adopters, and even those adult siblings who are going to need help with basic living skills. Can the powers that be get everyone on the same page so that these kids are cared for and loved? What potential problems do you foresee with any of the issues that I have discussed above?

Satch

I count 13 children.
Kind of hard to photoshop a kid out if all 13 are there in the picture.
IMO

I can’t remember what the OP was stating in terms of if they thought someone was added or moved or what..I think it was started because that big adult arm is just out of place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally caught up on this thread. Now to go back and answer a few posts :)

Today in Arkansas a couple was arrested for starving the woman's young boy and handcuffing him to furniture. He had siblings and he was singled out. I couldn't help but think of this case.

I can’t remember what the OP was stating in terms of if they thought someone was added or moved or what..I think it was started because that big adult arm is just out of place.

It's just a weird camera angle...
I know there are websites you can run photos through to see if they have been edited.
But personally, I don't think it's photoshopped.

IMO

Just wondering, was a decision made not to discuss the case being on Dr. Phil today? Or was it already discussed and I missed it?

So I read all the way through before I answered, and I didn’t see it referred to at all. Not at all. I didn’t see it. Going to go google it now.

Not sent to the Kids. Purchased as a fund raiser with money going to the kids and at the same time a way to raise awareness of child abuse and show your support for them and their recovery.

I can see where you're coming from, in wanting to raise awareness, and help the siblings. Just a suggestion, maybe make it all inclusive. I'e seen STOP sign decals with a child's hand used as the O (and "child abuse" under the STOP sign).

I'e also seen decals of a hand, filled in with the words, STOP CHILD ABUSE.

Maybe on the back of the shirt or under the design, have Childhelp's crisis hotline #1.800.4.A.CHILD. It's national, so they could likely guide anyone who called. Make note on the sales site, that X% o proceeds, would go to the T siblings. Again, only a suggestion.

Kidnapped victim in another case wants authorities to allow Turpin kids to see parents:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...rents-children-Natascha-Kampusch-trial-prison

Satch

I think that is a terrible idea. During pre-sentence victim impact statements would be the appropriate time and place for the children to communicate their feelings to their parents, if they chose to do so. Last I heard, they have no interest in communicating with their parents. Which I think is good.

Folks have been wondering about the gap between victims #12 and #13, who are 11 and 2. I think it likely that LT had several miscarriages in the intervening 9 years. It’s especially likely as she got older (my grandmother had 6 kids, but 11 pregnancies). It’s possible that LT and DT saw #13 as their “miracle” baby, and thus that’s why she had been better cared for than the other kids at the time of arrest/rescue.

I'm new here, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.
I was reading that post by the oldest child's former classmate where one of the last lines said "from cootie kid to conquered the world" when he is talking about his hopes for her future. Do ya'll think it'd be a cool idea to make shirts or something that say that and all the proceeds will go to the Turpin siblings? Or would that be disrespectful/crossing a boundary? I'm just trying to think of a way to help. I live in their area, and I can't seem to get the story out of my mind.

I think a better and more respectful way to help would be to contribute cash to one of the fundraising campaigns for the children. IMHO.

The Turpins had four vehicles in their driveway! I can sort of understand DT and LT each having a car in addition to the 15-passenger family van, but what is the fourth vehicle for?

Do you think they bought the extra cars just to taunt the children?

Just wondering....

MOO

I think they just had no self control. If they took a shine to something, it was Katy bar the door. I do think they liked babies but grew bored with older children (but the elder ones were still "theirs"). They seem to be self-centered, self-indulgent, and, I believe, at least one o the duo, is not playin' w/a full deck.

https://apnews.com/99f50b0c8a744bc1bf07fcc953ed9ea3

Abused California Sibling Went to College, Didn’t Seek Help

“A classmate, MD, said he was ‘always quiet and alone’ when they attended classes. She tried to say hello to him a few times but he just looked at her and never responded.

‘It was one of the most sad faces I'd seen in years,’ Duncker said.

The boy was usually one of the last people to leave class, she said.”

. . .

“Despite near-daily interactions with others outside the home, there's no indication the oldest son ever sought to draw attention to what was happening at home. Gale Kelley, a trainer for the International Association of Trauma Professionals, said that reluctance is understandable.

‘They were born into this. This was normal for them. Some of them may not even realize they've been abused,’ she said. ‘These children have been living in isolation so they only know what they know.’”

. . .

“‘We don't know what kind of duress they were under as far as threats,’ Kelley said. ‘They're still seeing the world through the eyes of a scared little kid who is in constant danger.’”

. . .

“‘They don't even know how to shop, probably, and the concept of money,’ he said. ‘They won't be living on their own. They'll be highly supervised for quite some time.’

The repeated exposure to traumatic events could make them skittish when they are out in public.

‘The children have been in constant crisis mode, constant danger, and so that switch gets turned and it is always on,’ Kelley said. ‘They're expecting to see trauma everywhere and in everybody.’”

That hardwood floor isn't warped in any way a flood would create. If there were a flood, you wouldn't be able to walk over that floor without twisting your ankle. It takes much less than a flood to destroy hardwood.

The floor did not look in good condition. There was plywood on the floor. That is an indication of damage.

When they went to Disney, did they let the kids ride any rides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper