CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely. She's 9 now and can independently operate a full size excavator using hand controls. No need to reach pedals. She scares me, lol.
Disclaimer: An adult directly supervises this.

I bet she has a blast! Our young granddaughter is a backseat driver. Points out all the signs and lights, and wants the GPS turned on so she can watch the turns and mileage. We got pulled over when she was with us one day and she has never let her grandfather live it down. Tattled on him to a local LEO, who was letting kids check out their vehicle, at a fall festival. :facepalm: Thankfully, I'd told her Mom about the little incident so she explained. The LEO got a kick out of it though.

A little off topic, but I was raised and taught how to drive a car at an early age.
(Not allowed to do it regularly)
The reasoning was, in the event I was kidnapped and under 15, I'd know how to drive a car
<so I could drive and get away to get help>

I didn't do the same with my children as the area we lived was much busier traffic wise and I felt uncomfortable -

Over the years I have met other people that were taught to drive between 10 and 12.

Something to think about and ponder I guess.

Why would they have taught any children to drive?
THAT makes no sense.
Unchain them and give them the keys to the car?

Stockholm syndrome I guess.

MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I bet she has a blast! Our young granddaughter is a backseat driver. Points out all the signs and lights, and wants the GPS turned on so she can watch the turns and mileage. We got pulled over when she was with us one day and she has never let her grandfather live it down. Tattled on him to a local LEO, who was letting kids check out their vehicle, at a fall festival. :facepalm: Thankfully, I'd told her Mom about the little incident so she explained. The LEO got a kick out of it though.

Thats hilarious! Yep, my kid is also GPS obsessed! It's totally normal for her to announce when we change from a north going route to east, when we should expect to exit, to inquire how a floor jack can lift a whole car, give an elevator repairman the third degree, and to sculpt a tiny bust of Tim Burton out of extra sharp cheddar in her bed and then track the process of mold growth. Fun indeed, lol.

I think the point of my sharing is to bring a sense of hope for the Turpin children. I'm sure they're damaged, but the natural resilience of children, curiosity, and inspiration is promising to me. I think they can get ok, even if they aren't ok today.

A little off topic, but I was raised and taught how to drive a car at an early age.
The reasoning was, in the event I was kidnapped and under 15, I'd know how to drive a car

I didn't do the same with my children as the area we lived was much busier traffic wise and I felt uncomfortable -

Over the years I have met other people that were taught to drive between 10 and 12.

THAT makes no sense.

MOO

Early driving instruction is normal in my family too. I was driving on private property at age 12. In our case, it was also "just in case". Someone might need to get to a hospital, escape if kidnapped, evacuate fire (We were in forest land), anything like that.

I also didn't whenever I felt like it, but I was able to drive livestock feed around the property, collect and dispose of garbage, haul firewood, plow snow. Stuff like that.

During the misery of being 13, I sometimes daydreamed of driving away. I knew how, had access to the keys... but didn't. I'm going to spend some time thinking about WHY I didn't .

Where would I find this?
Apologies- for this inept copy of the link and my previous post about this obit.
Quote Originally Posted by verbonica View Post
Probably so. It's a small thing, but in the list that the father put in his grandmother's obituary guest book message, he spells that name differently -- with a "u", not an "o".
http://www.engleshookfuneralhome.com/guestbook/1146841

p.s. There are some other typos in that court document too, though. I hope it doesn't matter.

Alireba: From her obituary and his comment, it appears she had 10 children and 3 step children and David is one of eighty grandchildren, 167 great grandchildren and 63 great great grandchildren at her death in 2011. Her first husband (1932-1977) was a reverend and would have been in David’s life for many years. She is described as deeply religious. All of this impacts his life, choice of Louise at 16 and their pursuit of off spring. The obituary is a stark contrast to the realty of his own ‘family’.

One thing that I wonder about is if the children's lack of freedom to hygiene caused them to have any infections. Females would be vulnerable to bladder infections and 10 are girls! Ear infections, Infantigo, skin irritations, folliculitis, fungal infections, just to name a few.

And it concerns me they haven't been to a doctor in years! Some minor infections if left untreated can become serious health concerns.

I found an article that mentions the concerns of not showering for a year.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/100069578

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

I'd wondered about that too. I do not mean this in anyway to say that the the kids are lying on their parents, but, if they are that severely malnourished, then their concept of time may be a bit off. I'm not saying that they had a weekly, or even a monthly, bath, but they were near folks at the school and the decorating committee and you can def smell folks who have not used proper hygiene. Also, with malnutrition, your immune system is not going to be up to snuff. Not bathing and living in filth would seem to cause health risks. Again, I can see a month or two, but a year, would cause the little ones, especially to have problems with some really bad rashes at the very least.

Then again, on the flip side, this fella claims, and looks to have, not bathed in sixty years, but has lived to the age of 80 (at the writing of this article).

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/15/amou-haji-iran-hasnt-bathed-60-years_n_4602936.html

THAT makes no sense.

MOO

My cousins drove when they were 14, to the store and back ! Their parents just tossed them keys and told them to go pick up a gallon o milk or pack o smokes. Had cool cars too. I was so jealous.

I don't think the T. sib got to drive like you, or my cousins, it may have been a once or twice thing, and the mother or father might have been following behind. Then again, maybe she snuck the car, got scared, and came back. It was a big leap for them. The one sib got scared and went back inside. That's a big world out there and they've never been in it, alone.

Thats hilarious! Yep, my kid is also GPS obsessed! It's totally normal for her to announce when we change from a north going route to east, when we should expect to exit, to inquire how a floor jack can lift a whole car, give an elevator repairman the third degree, and to sculpt a tiny bust of Tim Burton out of extra sharp cheddar in her bed and then track the process of mold growth. Fun indeed, lol.

I think the point of my sharing is to bring a sense of hope for the Turpin children. I'm sure they're damaged, but the natural resilience of children, curiosity, and inspiration is promising to me. I think they can get ok, even if they aren't ok today.

I think your young one and mine would get along well. Mine will ask anyone, anything, about anything. Very analytical child. I too think that they may be underestimating the T. kids. All 13 have survived, and I think that maybe this was not even the 2nd escape attempt. I may be wrong, but I believe that most of them are bright children who have not been allowed to reach their potential. All they can do right now is theorize about them. I know it will be difficult for them but I choose to hope that they will learn, and someday live on their own, if they choose. At least most of them.

Do we know for sure the cages were for the children?
There were 2 dogs in the house as well.
The cages MAY have been for them.

IMO

I am not sure what exactly the animal cages were used for, but it will probably be revealed. After I heard a local radio show, I saw a Youtube posting with a Facebook posting from someone saying it was well known that kids were tied to what is referred to as a "dog house." I do not know what is true or not, but some people refer to "animal cages" as a "dog house." I do not know if it is true or not.

I just think that was a huge risk for them if they let one drive! Scary what that driver, if she did drive, was threaten with while she was out.

One of the earlier articles said that a neighbor had once seen one of the young girls driving, then no further article on the topic. It could be a case of mistaken identity?

BBM
Now this I think could be the issue with the Ts. I see folks do this who are otherwise not practicing any faith/religious practices. as in, "If I can justify it with a religion, I can get a pass..."

They will have a hard time justifying shackling and starvation and isolation of children with wicca. Parental control and spare the rode spoil the child and all that jazz are rather the hallmark of patriarchal religions...

EDIT: not that it is justifiable in any way of course.

I have doubts that the daughter was allowed to drive, until that info is confirmed by the vitim(s). If it is true I'm sure it would have been for the benefit of LT/DT. Maybe while they went out of town (again, alleged), they put the victim in charge of driving the brother to classes?
Just watched the Dr. Phil episode. A lot of the same info. LT's sister did say that LT was "controlling" as a child. I think she means more headstrong.
She said that LT as an adult was still controlling and that both LT & DT had temper issues.
At the end of the show a child psychiatrist or psychologist was on and he said it's possible that because LT was sexually molested as a child, that she didn't learn to "protect herself", hence she didn't know how to protect her children."
No excuse, ever, as far as I'm concerned.

BBM
Now this I think could be the issue with the Ts. I see folks do this who are otherwise not practicing any faith/religious practices. as in, "If I can justify it with a religion, I can get a pass..."

Agree 1000%

David and Louise's beliefs would only be about what was important to them. They are so narcissistic people that they would only take what mattered to them and discard anything else even within that faith for which they did not believe. That would make sense if the reports were true that they followed partial beliefs of like three or four different religions.

They were not Christians. They believe they are. But no good Christian abuses, starves, tortures, and chains, their kids for years.

Satch

They will have a hard time justifying shackling and starvation and isolation of children with wicca. Parental control and spare the rode spoil the child and all that jazz are rather the hallmark of patriarchal religions...

EDIT: not that it is justifiable in any way of course.

I wasn't pointing it toward Wicca. Nor do I think that they can use it as an excuse to get "off". I meant that's what a lot of folks, who are otherwise NOT practicing any type of faith, will use, they'll cherry pick, or they'll develop their own cult/religion/faith, as a shield, to do as they please.

I think the Ts developed their own type of religion. The religious freedom in our country is a great thing but you will always have folks like the Ts who may very well think they are above the law.

I wasn't pointing it toward Wicca. Nor do I think that they can use it as an excuse to get "off". I meant that's what a lot of folks, who are otherwise NOT practicing any type of faith, will use, they'll cherry pick, or they'll develop their own cult/religion/faith, as a shield, to do as they please.

I think the Ts developed their own type of religion. The religious freedom in our country is a great thing but you will always have folks like the Ts who may very well think they are above the law.

Oh sorry. Previous posters referred to wicca and I thought you did too.

At 16.07 in the Elvis video, one of the girls introduces herself as a name that is not one of the ones listed on the obit notice. I know we have to be careful about what we discuss here, BUT there&#8217;s been lots of speculation about the signature that went with the wall art and I was trying to figure out if that&#8217;s the name she said. I am not able to confirm that it is... despite listening over and over. Maybe though, from what I can gather some of the marvellous survivors did have nicknames...

At 16.07 in the Elvis video, one of the girls introduces herself as a name that is not one of the ones listed on the obit notice. I know we have to be careful about what we discuss here, BUT there’s been lots of speculation about the signature that went with the wall art and I was trying to figure out if that’s the name she said. I am not able to confirm that it is... despite listening over and over. Maybe though, from what I can gather some of the marvellous survivors did have nicknames...
I feel ill.
I pray that there have never been more than 13.
In some sick evil way, my gut says they kept the # @ 13 for a reason.

Probably NOT!
WE WOULD have heard about missing siblings by now wouldn't we?
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members