CA - 2-month old baby found dead in hot car - June 20, 2024

My apologies for jumping in w a question without reading all the links.

I've missed any info about dads' EMPLOYMENT.

Did both have jobs w 9 to 5 type hours? If so, seems babysitter, fam member, or day care is part of this family's daily life.
Room for pick up/drop off confusion?

Any MSM stmts re their employment?
A link, if handy? :) TiA
According to the link dad Romer became a stay at home dad after they adopted the first child.

Did both have jobs w 9 to 5 type hours? If so, seems babysitter, fam member, or day care is part of this family's daily life.

Romer, a senior consultant at Jama Software, and Jayson, a stay-at-home dad since they adopted their son, have been together for more than 20 years.

Everyone following this, please, if you can bear to, read the following article from Washington post.

It's such an interesting deep dive into how these things happen, and also reveals why the automotive industry isn't doing more to fight it, eg like with seat belt bleepers.

Trigger warning, it contains some very distressing content.

Everyone following this, please, if you can bear to, read the following article from Washington post.

It's such an interesting deep dive into how these things happen, and also reveals why the automotive industry isn't doing more to fight it, eg like with seat belt bleepers.

Thanks for this. I’m still reading, but I must say the opening about the defendant made me very sad, and I would not ever, ever wish prison on such an obviously distraught father, who had been an exemplary and loving parent before his tragic error.

From the article:

After a long shift at work, a Portsmouth, Va., sanitation department electrician named Andrew Culpepper picked up his toddler son from his parents, drove home, went into the house and then fell asleep, forgetting he’d had the boy in the car, leaving him to bake to death outside his home.

It makes me wonder if this might apply in the current case.

Very illuminating.

Warschauer is a Fulbright scholar, specializing in the use of laptops to spread literacy to children. In the summer of 2003, he returned to his office from lunch to find a crowd surrounding a car in the parking lot. Police had smashed the window open with a crowbar. Only as he got closer did Warschauer realize it was his car. That was his first clue that he’d forgotten to drop his 10-month-old son, Mikey, at day care that morning. Mikey was dead.
Warschauer wasn’t charged with a crime, but for months afterward he contemplated suicide. Gradually, he says, the urge subsided, if not the grief and guilt.
“We lack a term for what this is,” Warschauer says. And also, he says, we need an understanding of why it happens to the people it happens to.

“Romer, a senior consultant at Jama Software, and Jayson, a stay-at-home dad since they adopted their son, have been together for more than 20 years.”

“Romer, a senior consultant at Jama Software, and Jayson, a stay-at-home dad since they adopted their son, have been together for more than 20 years.”

Oops, I didn’t see that this has already been answered!

I remember this article. It’s both heartbreaking and thought-provoking. Thanks for posting it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IdreamofJeannie
Back