CA CA - Adagio "Dag", 14 & Gerald "Storm" Talifero, 68, sailboat from San Diego to Hawaii, 7 June 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I doubt $900k would keep them in luxury for very long. A couple of years, maybe, though it depends on what you mean by "luxury". No doubt everyone has their own idea of it and what level of income would be required to support it.

I suspect that $900k is long gone, put into various projects designed to supposedly make enough money to pay back the folks who made down payments per Storm’s email partially quoted here (if he is to be believed):

I can give you a pretty close overview of what we took in and how it was spent. We took in a little over nine hundred thousand dollars. Four hundred went to the land plus architects, consultants, contractors, and engineers. We reinvested about five hundred thousand back into the business which is the garden diet. A lot of it also went into the film which would have paid everybody back if not for the article.

As it is now the website is now classified as a fast growth Internet business and is valued at sixteen times what it makes in a year. If we can sustain our current growth then we should have no problem selling the site and returning everyone’s money with interest.
http://www.sarahbest.com/storm-talifero-page/

Pipe dreams.

Storm and Adagio we’re last living on a friend’s farm in northern CA, according to one of the linked articles, and had no actual home. So I don’t think there’s any luxury living. But I do suspect a scam or a scram.
JMO

IMO they headed to Mexico. There's no way they had the boat or abilities for a Hawaii trek and for what reason?

As they are west coasters I really doubt he traveled to Tennessee. More likely went south of the border to avoid lawsuits.
Or hiding in plain site? But, I really doubt it too. Who puts their name on their clothes? This makes me think of people that have or lived in an institution/facility at some point. So they get their clothes back after the laundry is done.

Details of Disappearance - Adagio Talifero – The Charley Project

Adagio was last seen in June 2018. He was homeschooled and lived with his father, Gerald, on a farm near Nevada City, California. They left the farm on June 2, and this is the last time anyone saw Adagio.

In the following days, Gerald visited friends in Arizona, and relatives in Santa Barbara and Ojai, California, and left some of his belongings with these people. He said he and Adagio were going to sail a friend's 30-foot sailboat to Hawaii. When he was asked where Adagio was, Gerald said he was on the boat with friends. It was unusual of Adagio not to accompany his father everywhere, as they were very close.

Gerald set sail from Goleta Beach, California on June 7. There was a possible planned stop in San Diego, California. The trip to Hawaii should have taken three to six weeks. Gerald's ex-wife and his family became concerned when they didn't hear from him or Adagio within five weeks, and contacted the Coast Guard, but they had no information about the boat so there was little the Coast Guard could do.

The pair apparently never arrived in Hawaii. They were supposed to fly back to San Diego on September 1 and had already purchased tickets, but never made the flight.

It's possible Gerald and Adagio perished at sea, but Adagio's mother, who divorced from Gerald in 2013, believes her son may be alive and that Gerald may have taken him and disappeared voluntarily. Their cases remain unsolved.

Adagio Talifero – The Charley Project

Gerald Robert Talifero
Gerald-Talifero-139909.jpg

MISSING SINCE: 06/07/2018
SEX: Male
DOB: 01/07/1950
RACE: Black
HEIGHT: 6' 1"
EYES: Brown
WEIGHT: 175 lbs.
HAIR: Black
DENTAL X-RAYS AVAILABLE: No

Gerald is missing with his son, Adagio Talifero (DOB: 5/1/2004) and they were last seen on June 7, 2018, in Santa Barbara.

Contact
AGENCY: Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department
PHONE NUMBER: (805) 681-4330
CASE NUMBER: 1811074

Adagio Talifero
Adagio-Talifero-139910.jpg

MISSING SINCE: 06/07/2018
SEX: Male
DOB: 05/01/2004
RACE: Black
HEIGHT: 5' 4"
EYES: Brown
WEIGHT: 120 lbs.
HAIR: Brown
DENTAL X-RAYS AVAILABLE: No

Adagio is missing with his father, Gerald Talifero (DOB: 1/7/1950) and they were last seen on June 7, 2018, in Santa Barbara.

Contact
AGENCY: Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department
PHONE NUMBER: (805) 681-4330
CASE NUMBER: 18-11423

I visited the missingperson Facebook site for Adagio, Log In or Sign Up to View
and the admin (Adagio's mother) says Gerald "Storm" Talifero is deceased. To me it's seems very relevant to this case. Where is the boy? He is still missing.

Posted in March 2021
"Well the second DNA test came back positive so they have now confirmation that Storm is deceased."

No details how, where, when his body was supposedly found.

There is a little more in this Podcast, look also in the comments.

Very concerning. I understand his mom still has hope Adagio is alive somewhere, but if he is still alive and living with friends of "Storm" why would they keep quiet until today? Even now the father has passed. Robbing him from a chance bonding with his mom and his brothers and sisters....makes no sense. At least to me it doesn't. I have great fears for Adagio's faith. I understood 'Storm" owned a lot of money and he was very close to Adagio. Can't help thinking this people harmed Adagio to "get to him". A brutal "punishment".

The whole boat trip is a weird story. There was never info about the boat (I would think you leave crucial information about it with friends or loved ones, when you are going to make a trip like this, like the name, color, technical info f.i., in case something might happen. Like you tell your people at what time you take a certain flight, when you go on a holiday or business trip...in case off.... ) No "friend" came forward who was the supposed owner of the boat. There was never a boat reported missing.....

Maybe there was a boat and "Storm" really thought this was going to be the arrangement, but instead Adagio was taken/kidnapped/killed. Would explain no info about the boat. It's obvious now they didn't sail to Hawaii together.....

Maybe more info about the circumstances of Storm's passing will come out later.....Homicide, suicide, accidental?....I really think it's going to chance the way we look at this missing case.

I sure hope Adagio is living a very happy life somewhere, but considering the update this thought is kind of fading away, IMO

Last edited:
I visited the missingperson Facebook site for Adagio, Log In or Sign Up to View
and the admin (Adagio's mother) says Gerald "Storm" Talifero is deceased. To me it's seems very relevant to this case. Where is the boy? He is still missing.

Posted in March 2021
"Well the second DNA test came back positive so they have now confirmation that Storm is deceased."

No details how, where, when his body was supposedly found.

There is a little more in this Podcast, look also in the comments.

I went to the fb site for Adagio and if you scroll down to November 19, 2020 it does say where they found Storm. How sad. I hope Adagio is found ❤️

Very concerning. I understand his mom still has hope Adagio is alive somewhere, but if he is still alive and living with friends of "Storm" why would they keep quiet until today? Even now the father has passed. Robbing him from a chance bonding with his mom and his brothers and sisters....makes no sense. At least to me it doesn't. I have great fears for Adagio's faith. I understood 'Storm" owned a lot of money and he was very close to Adagio. Can't help thinking this people harmed Adagio to "get to him". A brutal "punishment".

The whole boat trip is a weird story. There was never info about the boat (I would think you leave crucial information about it with friends or loved ones, when you are going to make a trip like this, like the name, color, technical info f.i., in case something might happen. Like you tell your people at what time you take a certain flight, when you go on a holiday or business trip...in case off.... ) No "friend" came forward who was the supposed owner of the boat. There was never a boat reported missing.....

Maybe there was a boat and "Storm" really thought this was going to be the arrangement, but instead Adagio was taken/kidnapped/killed. Would explain no info about the boat. It's obvious now they didn't sail to Hawaii together.....

Maybe more info about the circumstances of Storm's passing will come out later.....Homicide, suicide, accidental?....I really think it's going to chance the way we look at this missing case.

I sure hope Adagio is living a very happy life somewhere, but considering the update this thought is kind of fading away, IMO

I agree. The most important information about finding Adagio are related to the circumstances around Gerald's (Storm's) death. We do know that Storm's confirmed remains were found on Goleta Beach one month after the sailing trip to Hawaii was expected to take place. Details I wish to know are: 1. was Storm's death rules a homicide, suicide or accident; 2. where exactly were the remains found on Goleta Beach; 3. where there any objects or artifacts found with the remains. Furthermore, prior to his death, Storm turned over a number of possessions to friends and relatives. I believe Storm had a cell phone which his ex-wife, Jinjee, requested the Santa Barbara police to access. Since the case was not considered a crime at the time, the police had no legal authority to crack into the device. There may be very valuable information on any cell phone Storm may have had that details events between June 2, when Adagio was last seen, and June 7, when Storm was last seen (without Adagio). If anyone has as of these details, please email at lyles2001@yahoo.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back