GUILTY CA - Adrian Rios, 17, slain, body burned, Hemet, 15 Nov 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This happened on Sunday, the 22nd, apparently, at a home rented by the Campos family. Wonder where the family was while this was going on? Fighting, pepper spray, police after, smelly bonfire in the backyard, to say nothing of bones ... Have I missed something about the family who lived in the house?

I haven't seen anything about the family being home, not home, etc. Nor have I seen anything quoting them in the media. Weird.

I haven't seen anything about the family being home, not home, etc. Nor have I seen anything quoting them in the media. Weird.
The article only says both parents of the two missing boys are cooperating with LE.

This part bothers me:

Rios was last heard from after telling his mother he was going to Campos' home to watch football on Nov. 15. That night, neighbors said there was a bonfire in the backyard.

2luo1s.jpg

The soil (sand maybe) doesn't look burnt in that picture. Gosh that is an awful sight.
Just rambling here, can't even imagine what happened.

Local news showed a picture of one of the teens amongst a large group of people, several of whom were flashing gang signs in the photo.

A woman in the neighborhood was also interviewed and said the police were constantly on the street. It sounds like there was ongoing trouble on that street.

A teenage girl, a friend of one of the two missing boys, was talking about him as if he were already dead. She was using the phrase, "since he died", until the reporter asked her to explain why she thought that, and she nervously backtracked and said, "Oh, since he's been gone..."

I wonder how much the kids know and are not telling.

Robert Rotsolk said he smelled what seemed like a bonfire coming from his neighbor's backyard two Sundays ago about 6:30 p.m. and reported it to the police.

"It smelled like pallets burning on the beach," he said.

I am assuming pallets are made out of wood. If it was a burning body, it would have a much worse smell, right? I wonder if the missing boys had long or short hair? Burning hair smells terrible.

In central Minnesota some kook murdered a man because he wanted to assume that man's identity. The kook beat the man to death then burned the body. The kook and his girlfriend also ate subway sandwiches while the body was burning.. it was report that the kook that the burning body smelled 'like chicken'. I'm sure that is most definitely not the case.

There have been a lot of wild fires in that area of Calif. wouldn't the neighbors have reported it that night or am I still confused with the timeline?

Definitely looks to me like they were involved in gangs, as well as drugs. This is a sad situation all around. The boy's myspace has pics of all of his family so it doesn't look like he came from a horrible home situation. The mom and dad were still together at the time of the last update and he has pics of his little sisters.

I hope it isn't them, but at the same time if it isn't them, who is it? :(

The investigation is on hold? I've never heard of that before. Do they mean because of the holiday?

Authorities continue investigation in Hemet missing teen case
Jose Campos, 17, and Andrian Rios, 17, remained unaccounted for today and investigation of burned human remains found in a yard at one of their homes in Hemet is on hold, authorities said.

Read more: http://www.swrnn.com/southwest-riverside/2009-11-26/sports/authorities-continue-investigation-in-hemet-missing-teen-case#ixzz0Y275KnMo

Interesting, the cops were knocking at the neighbors door the night of the bonfire. WTH is going on?

http://www.pe.com/localnews/rivcounty/stories/PE_News_Local_S_teens27.3a1522c.html

(snip)
The boys lay on the ground as the Millers poured milk on their faces, Matt Miller said. Then, they got up and said they had to get away because the police were on their way, Matt Miller said.
"They were here about five minutes," he said. "The cops did come. They knocked on the door about 25 to 30 minutes later."
Matt Miller said the officers asked whether two "Mexicans" had been at his house. He said he told police what happened and that the boys headed back toward Campos' house. The officers didn't take a report, Miller said.
"They (police) laughed and said that sounded about right," Miller recalled, adding that the officers stayed about two minutes.
It's unclear whether police were called to the house the night of the bonfire. Lt. Dean Evans on Wednesday said he was not aware of any previous police calls made to the house.

This case is so bizarre and the PE is not noted at being the best at factual reporting unfortunately.

Interesting, the cops were knocking at the neighbors door the night of the bonfire. WTH is going on?

http://www.pe.com/localnews/rivcounty/stories/PE_News_Local_S_teens27.3a1522c.html

(snip)
The boys lay on the ground as the Millers poured milk on their faces, Matt Miller said. Then, they got up and said they had to get away because the police were on their way, Matt Miller said.
"They were here about five minutes," he said. "The cops did come. They knocked on the door about 25 to 30 minutes later."
Matt Miller said the officers asked whether two "Mexicans" had been at his house. He said he told police what happened and that the boys headed back toward Campos' house. The officers didn't take a report, Miller said.
"They (police) laughed and said that sounded about right," Miller recalled, adding that the officers stayed about two minutes.
It's unclear whether police were called to the house the night of the bonfire. Lt. Dean Evans on Wednesday said he was not aware of any previous police calls made to the house.

It sounds like the 2 boys were being harassed by those officers? The officers sound like they are the ones who pepper sprayed them.
Also asking if 2 "Mexicans" had been there is very racist.
The article does say the boys told the neighbors someone they had tried to fight had peppersprayed them, however what if police broke up the fight by pepperspraying them? Then the boys take off, which was why police were looking for them later. Obviously something the officers knew made them say, "that sounds about right." So i would think that the officers know who peppersprayed them, if they didn't do it themselves.

They need to be looking into the background of the 2 officers and also whoever it was the boys were trying to fight that day..

The silence on this case is baffling to me. I just checked google and nothing for the last 20 hours that I have found. I would think the community would be buzzing, maybe I am just missing something. ???????

The silence on this case is baffling to me. I just checked google and nothing for the last 20 hours that I have found. I would think the community would be buzzing, maybe I am just missing something. ???????

Yesterday I asked my family what they thought about this case and they hadn't heard anything about it and they have the Press Enterprise delivered. Nothing was ever mentioned until I think the 24th in the paper.

Yesterday I asked my family what they thought about this case and they hadn't heard anything about it and they have the Press Enterprise delivered. Nothing was ever mentioned until I think the 24th in the paper.

Do you think it is because of the alleged (sp) gang activity that people are keeping quiet? :(

What is strange to me about the remains found is not only were they burned but the bodies were fragmented.

So did someone burn one or more victims in the fire and then took something like a sledge hammer and broke the bodies up into fragmented pieces.

If police found some and then returned and found more it seems the fragmented bones were scattered about.

I cant believe we arent hearing more about this case.

imo

Do you think it is because of the alleged (sp) gang activity that people are keeping quiet? :(
No, I think it's because the parents never made a big deal out of their kids being missing, and they all went missing at different times.

Even when the first bones were found nothing was in the Media, then it took a week to have them examined and then finally more came out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mkmatti
Back