Found Deceased CA - Alycia Yeoman, 20, Gridley, 30 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryRES?ORO&d=04-Apr-2017+11:45&span=7days

Here is a link to the California government agency water resources page. This site outlines how much water was being released from the dam and what the flow was down the waterways. As you'll see, the river was very low, hence the truck getting stuck.
153aa53826945651fa640fac82ac8601.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

They had been releasing heavily to bring the Oroville Dam down, then we got more rain and they've been releasing again. The locals know what they are talking about when they say the rivers are moving fast right now.
I believe decomposition happens rather quickly in water, along with the currents and rocks, I think a person could disappear with the springtime runoff in the Feather River.

They had been releasing heavily to bring the Oroville Dam down, then we got more rain and they've been releasing again. The locals know what they are talking about when they say the rivers are moving fast right now.
I believe decomposition happens rather quickly in water, along with the currents and rocks, I think a person could disappear with the springtime runoff in the Feather River.

YES. To add to that, just a couple months ago Gridley, live oak, Yuba city on down river were all under mandatory evacuation for a flood. Oroville lake reached capacity and started spilling over the side taking down a big mountain side from erosion. All of those rocks, trees, etc.. all made their way into the Feather River. If there's any water at all being released and there is then the river is fast and dangerous. I'd also like to add that on a normal year you could easily take the roads around the edge of the orchard, usually by now they've dried up and been compacted down by tractors or other machinery. Just this year has been exceptionally wet . I know of several farmers still having a hard time and just waiting for things to dry up.

I think if she were in the river she would get hung up on something before going out to the bay but stranger things...
There have been a lot of trees and branches that have washed into the river. I could see a body getting hung up. I still think a search along the banks needs to happen.

There have been a lot of trees and branches that have washed into the river. I could see a body getting hung up. I still think a search along the banks needs to happen.

I agree and the public have offered to search that and anywhere else, they simply will not allow us to help. It's frustrating. I hope they have good reasons and not just being incompetent.

The environment in which a dead body is placed also affects its rate of decay. For instance, bodies in water decompose twice as fast as those left unburied on land.
http://science.howstuffworks.com/body-farm1.htm

Warning: this gets graphic

"In fresh water, as a large lake. Would decomposition be faster than above water? What would the possible state of decomposition be after 10 days? Would the body be recognizable?

Having helped retrieve said deceased persons from lakes and rivers, we find that, generally, in the warmer months (at least here in the western U.S.) that a person who drowned will sink as soon as the lungs are filled with water. They tend to sink nearly to the bottom, but, depending on clothing, fattines and other factors, they sometimes float sveral feet above the bottom. Decomposition begins almost immediately, but is dependent primarily on the water temperature. If the body of water is 50 degrees F or better, the body will float to the surface within about 5 to 8 days. the floating is caused by the decomposition gases trapped in various places in the body.
Although there is bloating and discoloration, very little loss of flesh actually occurs. If the body floats without being found for 2 or 3 days, sometimes the gas escapes from the body and it resinks. It may never refloat, but can as the decomposition continues.
As one poster mentioned, fish can play havoc with a dead body, but unless it's in the ocean where larger fish can work on it, this takes a lot of time."
http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/How-it-Works/Question627631.html

Here's a youtube video of the Feather River on 3-27-2017 and one on 3-30-2017 slideshow and the lady gives and explanation of the Oroville damn and it effecting the Feather River and how high the water gets when they open up the damn. I'm going to try to listen later. The volume is pretty low.

[video=youtube;GokC-fSdaY0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GokC-fSdaY0[/video]

[video=youtube;6PaOyaRAGEE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PaOyaRAGEE[/video]

Here's one of 4/3/2017. The day they found her truck. The lady that did this video says it was filmed about 10 miles from Live Oak. Her videos are interesting. Who would have thought someone would document like this to track the Oroville Damn area evacuations and the effects the spills have down river. Very cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3yccugYCA&lc=z12ec1npzuaje3ui004ce1raey2mtlpgrac.1493159316058543

Very! Thanks for sharing those. I guess not all people down in the river bottoms talking to themselves are crazy after all.

I'd say after seeing these that if someone else drove her truck to the levee that night they probably had full intentions of just sending it right over the other side of the levee where they instead turned around the gate.

And the thing about the river and Orville Dam is that just prior to this was when all the hooplah about the impending breach was all over the news. It's worth a thought that whoever did this could've dumped her in the river knowing good and well that whether the dam was breached or just released water, the river would be extremely high and fast.

I think the river school of thought and <modsnip> are all viable options for a murder. I think the trafficking school of thought would work for a kidnapping. I don't, however, buy the whole overdose thing. If she was a heroin user, maybe, with the exorbitant popularity of fentanyl nowadays, but I feel like someone at that party would've fessed up if it were an accident like that.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

Very! Thanks for sharing those. I guess not all people down in the river bottoms talking to themselves are crazy after all.

I'd say after seeing these that if someone else drove her truck to the levee that night they probably had full intentions of just sending it right over the other side of the levee where they instead turned around the gate.

Yeah, I think they definitely got the truck stuck. And with all the flooding and opening of the spills if it was someone that was a farm worker would know just exactly how muddy and soft that area was. I think they would be doing major searches of the river banks for clues downstream if they thought she ended up in the river. There's tons of room on those banks by the way the video looks.

New thread coming up.

This thread will close in about 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member