Found Deceased CA - Alycia Yeoman, 20, Gridley, 30 March 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I feel like she never drove to the river nor was her body in the truck. I have a theory that the truck was a plain and simple ditch job, maybe a failed attempt to actually dump the truck in the river. After the truck was stuck that individual who was most likely a female since the shoes appear to be the same size as Aly's shoes. While at the same time the actual transport of Aly took place on the other side of the river in the more secluded area of district 10 closer to where her body was found which was south of the Camping spot. Then that person drove north to East Gridley Rd and back south to meet up with the driver of the truck. This is all just theory that I am thinking makes more sense than her going out for a walk in that creepy levee. That's insane to think that was the case.

If no alcohol found in her system why did the friend make a big deal about asking her to sleep on the couch, etc? Dots not connecting. Could her date of death have been later then thought? Or was it just impossible to determine level of intoxication? Also-assume they can do ping checks to see if a cell phone left on the levee would ping the same tower as where hers pinged

How can they close the case if they're not ruling out foul play?

Since investigators have tried all leads and have no evidence of foul play, Undersheriff Pierce says the case is at a standstill, unless new evidence is presented.

They are closing the case for lack of new leads to investigate, having found no evidence of foul play. If someone falls into a river, and no one is there to see what happened, chances are nobody will ever know what happened, or why the person fell into the river. They can do a forensics investigation on the body and at the scene where the person fell in, but if that turns up no evidence of foul play, then the investigation is at an end. What else are they going to do?

Or the media misquoted LE. They say her phone was found on the levee. Was her truck found on the river side of the levee or the other? I thought the orchard was on the opposite side of the levee from the river and if that is the case she left her truck and walked toward the levee and subsequently the river.

If LE brought out dogs you would have thought the dogs would have tracked her to the river. But I don't know what the weather conditions were like between when the truck was stuck in the orchard and when they found the truck. We have verified SAR members on here and they would know more about why a dog would not be able to pick up a scent. I know from when I hunted we would bring out dogs to track a wounded deer and I have seen them just suddenly lose the scent and be unable to track the deer. And those were fresh tracks.

OR did the dog(s) track to the river but after 4 days her body floated downstream? But then wouldn't LE have started searching the river?

Dogs can track a person to the water, but that is as far as the dogs can track. That would be the end of the scent. Dogs can't track in water. They probably tracked her footprints to the river too.

In civil cases the standard that has to be met is: shown by "a preponderance of the evidence", as opposed to: proved "beyond a reasonable doubt" in criminal cases. But your basic point stands.

Thanks. I was quoting from my business law course from the state where I went to college. But yes, we're on the same page here. There is probably enough here for someone to make a civil case.

Dogs can track a person to the water, but that is as far as the dogs can track. That would be the end of the scent. Dogs can't track in water. They probably tracked her footprints to the river too.

Water being a large body such as a river, yes, but I never heard if they tracked to the bank of the river. (I've seen hunting dogs track a wounded deer across a section of flooded woods without missing a step. Ponds, rivers and the like, no.) Tracking with dogs is not a sure thing, though. In the case of Taleka Patrick her car is found abandoned on the side of an interstate. Dogs track her scent to the edge of the interstate if I remember and then stop. Speculation was she was picked up there by a passing motorist. In the spring her body is found in a pond on the other side of the interstate where she walked in it in the dark and drowned. (It wasn't raining, but it had snowed some and if there was snow on top of a frozen pond she might have gone in while it was dark and she was running.)

Near us a few years ago an Alzheimer's sufferer walked off and couldn't be found. They bring in bloodhounds and they can't find him. The next day they bring in a different dog and handler. The difference as I was told by the handler was this second dog picks up the scent in the air as well as the ground. The 2nd dog found the victim alive, but dehydrated, sitting under a tree. The speculation was the victim kept walking in circles and wandered all over the area crossing over previous tracks and this confused the bloodhounds.

I never heard how the dogs reacted that day. And if the track went to the river where there might have been a sign the bank collapsed or a steep drop off, why would they not search the river?

I would really like it to be confirmed on whether she has been in there River since the day she went missing or if she was just placed there recently I know it's like way farfetch but just wondering

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

I would really like it to be confirmed on whether she has been in there River since the day she went missing or if she was just placed there recently I know it's like way farfetch but just wondering

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

I think I read somewhere earlier that they do not know when she went into the river.

Investigation in Aly Yeoman’s death at standstill

June 16, 2017

[...]

Sutter County Undersheriff Jeff Pierce said there’s no evidence of foul play, and the possibility of suicide or accident can’t be ruled out.

Pierce confirmed alcohol was found in her system — the equivalent of a blood alcohol content of about 0.07 percent, which is just under the legal limit to drive of 0.08 percent.

But Pierce warned that ethanol levels in a person’s system could also be dependent on decomposition of the body.

“It doesn’t tell us a lot because we don’t know what time she went into the water,” Pierce said.

The Sheriff’s Office reported that nothing else was found in Yeoman’s toxicology or lab results.

[...]

For now, the further piecing together of Yeoman’s last hours will rely on more information from those who may be knowledgeable, Pierce said.

Pierce also said that the department is awaiting forensic results from Yeoman’s Toyota Tacoma, which was reported found in a Live Oak orchard four days after she was last seen.

Yeoman’s father, Daniel, said in a text message Thursday that the family is satisfied with the how the Sheriff’s Office has conducted the investigation.

I didn't realize they still don't have the forensic results from her truck back yet.

They are closing the case for lack of new leads to investigate, having found no evidence of foul play. If someone falls into a river, and no one is there to see what happened, chances are nobody will ever know what happened, or why the person fell into the river. They can do a forensics investigation on the body and at the scene where the person fell in, but if that turns up no evidence of foul play, then the investigation is at an end. What else are they going to do?

I wonder if LE is saying the case is at a standstill, in hopes that people in town will talk and slip-up "bragging" about only something the person(s) responsible would know. Just a thought (and actually my hope). Justice for Aly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am leaning toward accident, with cause of death being drowning. I think it is possible she had a very bad night ending in tragedy. Would certainly not be the first time this has happened. Jmo

I am leaning toward accident, with cause of death being drowning. I think it is possible she had a very bad night ending in tragedy. Would certainly not be the first time this has happened. Jmo

This one puts me in mind of the Toni Anderson case. Very tragic.

It's really unfortunate they didn't send divers into the river when they found her truck, they would have had much better evidence if they had found her earlier.
I didn't know until this case, but LE knew that bodies stay very near where they enter the river, on the bottom.
I don't understand why they didn't ever search the river with divers.
I also don't know how her phone was moved after she disappeared and after her truck was at the river, if it doesn't indicate foul play, what's the story on the phone?

For some reason I always felt she went there to meet someone after a person on thread 1 said it was a known hangout spot with regulars. Also I think I remember reading that night the camp was closed due to flooding. Is it possible she went to meet someone and fell In the river? Or did she meet friends and something went wrong and they got scared? I was supprised to see her BAC was .07 after the last person who saw her said she drank an entire bottle. If someone her size drank a bottle what would her BAC be about 1-3 hours after indigestion.

This makes sense, This fits with dumping a body just south/downriver from where one intends to actually ditch the truck into the water, All with the sole thought that her body would likely be found days later in the river and its presence there would be attributed to Aly driving the truck into the river herself.
I feel like she never drove to the river nor was her body in the truck. I have a theory that the truck was a plain and simple ditch job, maybe a failed attempt to actually dump the truck in the river. After the truck was stuck that individual who was most likely a female since the shoes appear to be the same size as Aly's shoes. While at the same time the actual transport of Aly took place on the other side of the river in the more secluded area of district 10 closer to where her body was found which was south of the Camping spot. Then that person drove north to East Gridley Rd and back south to meet up with the driver of the truck. This is all just theory that I am thinking makes more sense than her going out for a walk in that creepy levee. That's insane to think that was the case.

This makes sense, This fits with dumping a body just south/downriver from where one intends to actually ditch the truck into the water, All with the sole thought that her body would likely be found days later in the river and its presence there would be attributed to Aly driving the truck into the river herself.

For some reason I just don't see this at all. She drowned so she was alive when she went in the river. Also what about the timeline. If what happened to her happened earlier in the night I just don't feel there was enough time to plan it out like this and take her alive to the river to put her in it???? The most logical explanation is usually the one that fits. What is the most logical scenario in this situation?

For some reason I just don't see this at all. She drowned so she was alive when she went in the river. Also what about the timeline. If what happened to her happened earlier in the night I just don't feel there was enough time to plan it out like this and take her alive to the river to put her in it???? The most logical explanation is usually the one that fits. What is the most logical scenario in this situation?

That she didn't drown in the river.

I've always felt the truck was dumped separate from her body.
I suspect her body was moved to the river in a car trunk as she couldn't be hid in the truck and the car driver also drove the truck driver home.

I wish they would send some divers into the river to see if any other evidence is down there related to Aly or anyone connected to the case. Things like weights and blankets.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back