CA-Amber Leeanne Dubois (14 YO)- Escondido Thread # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
VOICES FOR JUSTICE – SUNDAY SPECIAL
Sunday, July 26, 2009 ~ 6:30-8p.m. (Pacific Time)
www.blogtalkradio.com/helpingheroes
Call-in Number (347) 838-8622

Three states, three mothers, and one sister all have one thing in common;

a loved one has been kidnapped and abducted and now the families need your help.

Join us for KIDNAPPED: have you seen us?

The mothers of Amber Dubois, Benjamin Kaiser-Griffin, Lindsay Baum

and the sister of Jamie Grissim will answer your calls

as the faces and cases of four beautiful children

are revisited and discussed one-on-one with the public.

Please go to www.blogtalkradio.com/helpingheroes for more information.

Listeners can call-in on Sunday by calling (347) 838-8622

bumping off the second page.

Where is Amber?

I have a special place in my heart for Amber because she had a special place in her heart for animals and conservation. I hope that this world has not lost Amber because I have no doubt she would have been a powerful voice in the fight for animal rights and welfare - especially the endangered wolves who greatly need a voice like Amber's to speak for them.

Just received an email of a press release for Amber. There will be another search this weekend, with continuing efforts through the month of Aug.

Prayers for the searchers that Amber is found and if that is not to be, then may they at least find clues as to where she is....

Following is the info from the press release. It is a pdf file and I'm not sure how to link it.

"MISSING ESCONDIDO TEEN SEARCH TEAM TO TARGET OCEAN BEACH AREA THIS WEEKEND - VOLUNTEERS WELCOME!
San Diego, CA – [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]The parents of missing Escondido teenager, Amber Dubois will be distributing fliers this weekend in the Ocean Beach area of San Diego. Dubois has been missing since February 13, 2009 while walking to school. She hasn’t been seen or heard from since. [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Anyone wanting to help can meet the search team at 9am at the Jack in the Box, [/FONT]
[/FONT]3838 Midway Dr., San Diego, CA 92110.
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Search efforts will continue the month of August with a national media outreach, national vigil to mark Amber’s 6[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]th [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]month since she went missing, and another run on America’s Most Wanted will air August 15[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]th[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]. [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Anyone with any information is asked to call the Escondido Police760-839-4722 or go to www.BringAmberHome.com."[/FONT]

Salem
[/FONT]

I'm so glad they're going to Ocean Beach to search. I was there a few weeks ago and didn't come across any of Amber's posters. Lots of young people and street people there who might know something.

How must Amber Dubois' parents feel?

This month marks the six-month anniversary of Amber's disappearance.

The 14-year-old was last seen at 7:10a.m. Friday, Feb. 13, walking to school, which was less than a mile away from her Escondido home.

She had been especially excited that morning since she had just convinced her mother Carrie to let her buy a baby lamb that she was going to raise and care for as part of her Future Farmers of America class. Amber also carried Valentines for her friends.

The day after she disappeared, her cell phone was turned on once for about 20 seconds and has not been turned on since then, Escondido Police spokesman Lt. Bob Benton said.

Her parents, Maurice ``Moe'' Dubois and Carrie McGonigle, are not giving up hope of finding their daughter, the blue-eyed baby who slept through
Advertisement
the night from Day One, who inherited her father's sense of humor and her mother's attitude and whose love for animals is all-encompassing.

``I never know just how many animals there are at any time, but for sure in February there were two dogs, at least one cat, a bird, possibly a rat at home,'' said Sheila Welch, Amber's grandmother. ``Carrie particularly included animals in the decor of any place they lived, and Amber adored dolphins from babyhood. Animals were allowed in the house and on the bed.

Not too many children are given the opportunity to celebrate life in conjunction with animals they love.''

Carrie McGonigle knows nothing would have kept Amber from her baby lamb, and the thought strengthens her determination to find her.

``Some days are easier than others,'' she said. ``When I feel myself losing it, I will usually go to my boss, Alan Katz. A five-minute talk from him puts me back on track. But in my ultimate lows, I will call Brad Dennis (director of search operations for KlaasKIDS Foundation's National Search Center for Missing Children.)''

Moe Dubois finds that very little helps him cope, aside from a strong support of family and friends.

``And I also try to keep myself busy,'' he said, organizing flier distribution days from around the San Diego area all the way up to Orange County, working with volunteers on searches and meeting with media.

This week, they will travel to New York, appearing on CNN's ``Issue'' with Jane Velez-Mitchell, the Steve Wilko Show and an ABC Missing Children's event anything to keep Amber's story in the news and her face in the minds of the public. The FBI and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children are also on the case.

Even we in the San Gabriel Valley can help, they said.

``Log onto her Web site and tell as many people you know to do the same, e-mail a link to www.BringAmberHome.com to everyone you possibly can,'' Dubois said. ``Amber could be anywhere in the world in six months time. Ask people to post a copy of her flyer from the Web site.''

Former Valley resident Michelle Bart, founder of Helping Heroes Productions, has been hired by the family's attorney to expedite media attention in order to continue keeping Amber's face and case visible.

``It's very difficult to keep your composure during the cases I have seen this past year. I would be lying if I said I haven't cried or lost sleep over these cases,'' Bart said. ``But what keeps me going is knowing my life is rosy compared to what these children and adults who have been abducted has gone through or went through. I am determined to keep the faces visible because there is always hope until the person comes home one way or another.''

Meanwhile, Amber's parents wait, one day after another.

Their daughter's birthday is Oct. 25.

``Whatever Amber wants to do on her birthday is what we will do,'' her mother said.

Anyone with any information is asked to call the Escondido Police at (760) 839-4722 or go to www.BringAmberHome.com. There is a $50,000 reward for Amber's safe return and a $10,000 reward for any information leading to Amber's kidnappers.

Anissa V. Rivera is a columnist for the Highlander weeklies. She has a blog at http://www.insidesocal.com/mom and can be reached at anivriv@yahoo.com
Print

Former Valley resident Michelle Bart, founder of Helping Heroes Productions, has been hired by the family's attorney to expedite media attention in order to continue keeping Amber's face and case visible.

``It's very difficult to keep your composure during the cases I have seen this past year. I would be lying if I said I haven't cried or lost sleep over these cases,'' Bart said. ``But what keeps me going is knowing my life is rosy compared to what these children and adults who have been abducted has gone through or went through. I am determined to keep the faces visible because there is always hope until the person comes home one way or another.''

You can change its name, but... a spade will always be a spade.

How must Amber Dubois' parents feel?

This month marks the six-month anniversary of Amber's disappearance.

The 14-year-old was last seen at 7:10a.m. Friday, Feb. 13, walking to school, which was less than a mile away from her Escondido home.

She had been especially excited that morning since she had just convinced her mother Carrie to let her buy a baby lamb that she was going to raise and care for as part of her Future Farmers of America class. Amber also carried Valentines for her friends.

The day after she disappeared, her cell phone was turned on once for about 20 seconds and has not been turned on since then, Escondido Police spokesman Lt. Bob Benton said.

Her parents, Maurice ``Moe'' Dubois and Carrie McGonigle, are not giving up hope of finding their daughter, the blue-eyed baby who slept through
Advertisement
the night from Day One, who inherited her father's sense of humor and her mother's attitude and whose love for animals is all-encompassing.

``I never know just how many animals there are at any time, but for sure in February there were two dogs, at least one cat, a bird, possibly a rat at home,'' said Sheila Welch, Amber's grandmother. ``Carrie particularly included animals in the decor of any place they lived, and Amber adored dolphins from babyhood. Animals were allowed in the house and on the bed.

Not too many children are given the opportunity to celebrate life in conjunction with animals they love.''

Carrie McGonigle knows nothing would have kept Amber from her baby lamb, and the thought strengthens her determination to find her.

``Some days are easier than others,'' she said. ``When I feel myself losing it, I will usually go to my boss, Alan Katz. A five-minute talk from him puts me back on track. But in my ultimate lows, I will call Brad Dennis (director of search operations for KlaasKIDS Foundation's National Search Center for Missing Children.)''

Moe Dubois finds that very little helps him cope, aside from a strong support of family and friends.

``And I also try to keep myself busy,'' he said, organizing flier distribution days from around the San Diego area all the way up to Orange County, working with volunteers on searches and meeting with media.

This week, they will travel to New York, appearing on CNN's ``Issue'' with Jane Velez-Mitchell, the Steve Wilko Show and an ABC Missing Children's event anything to keep Amber's story in the news and her face in the minds of the public. The FBI and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children are also on the case.

Even we in the San Gabriel Valley can help, they said.

``Log onto her Web site and tell as many people you know to do the same, e-mail a link to www.BringAmberHome.com to everyone you possibly can,'' Dubois said. ``Amber could be anywhere in the world in six months time. Ask people to post a copy of her flyer from the Web site.''

Meanwhile, Amber's parents wait, one day after another.

Their daughter's birthday is Oct. 25.

``Whatever Amber wants to do on her birthday is what we will do,'' her mother said.

Anyone with any information is asked to call the Escondido Police at (760) 839-4722 or go to www.BringAmberHome.com. There is a $50,000 reward for Amber's safe return and a $10,000 reward for any information leading to Amber's kidnappers.

Anissa V. Rivera is a columnist for the Highlander weeklies. She has a blog at http://www.insidesocal.com/mom and can be reached at anivriv@yahoo.com
Print

Michelle Bart? Great... :rolleyes:

I dont work for the FBI but iam pretty sure that there involved in the majority of missing persons cases .They simply have to be asked by the LE and in as many cases as i can recall that have made any kinda news exspecially when theres a child involved the FBI would be brought in to try and help. Having said that i do not think i need to chill asking what warrents the FBI to be brought in to this case is rediculious. If anyone goes missing and even more so when its a child every case should warrent the FBI or anyone else that is in a position to help even in the slightest should be used. You asked the question dont get upset when someone awnsers it .

I am so glad the FBI is involved. This happened right in my back yard (I'm a san-diegan) and it's hard to believe there is little to no news on Amber in our local papers. It's liked she just dropped off the face of the earth. No searches (that I'm aware of). I think of Amber often, and know it wasn't a run-away (IMHO). My gut tells me she's across the border and will be difficult to find -- which is why I believe the FBI is involved.

Of course this is my opinion only.

Mel

Who is Michelle Bart? And why don't people like her?

Michelle Bart was a "spokesperson" for the Anthony family. Not a good person according to many, myself included.

Thanks Nancy. I couldn't keep up with the Anthony thread - it was way too fast moving for me. I tried for awhile and it was like having another full time job. I would be gone for an hour, come back and the thread had grown like 10 pages. Oy Vey! I gave up.

Amber's parents will be on Issues with Jane Velez Mitchell this Thursday. Also her case will be on America's Most Wanted this Saturday. So at least this case is getting the national recognition it deserves. Hopefully Amber will be found safe. Six months is a long time to be missing!

More searches coming up - everyone, say prayers together, send your positive energy, whatever you can do, that they find her. Amber needs to come home. Red print done by me. VK9 is K-9 Chasers firm - she is a poster here and follows many of our cases. She worked on the Nicholas Garza case. This article was emailed to me, so I have to go find the link.

ETA: here's the link: http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/escondido/article_446690ab-3040-5b21-b169-a91f0b633da4.html

Salem

ESCONDIDO: Missing teen's family pushes forward six months later

CHRIS NICHOLS - cnichols@nctimes.com | Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 6:05 pm

Six months after Amber Dubois disappeared, pictures of the bookish, blue-eyed 14-year-old are still posted across Escondido and across Southern California.

Banners reading "Help Us Find Amber" still line fences along North Broadway near Escondido High School. Her name is still part of the family's answering machine greeting at their home, just a few blocks from the campus.

Amber was last seen Feb. 13 walking to school. No trace of how or why she disappeared has been found.

Her family, despite a tortured spring and summer of searches that turned up nothing, has not given up hope. It recently hired a new private investigator and will fly in specialized search dogs from Maine later this month.

This week, Amber's mother and father, Carrie McGonigle and Moe Dubois, traveled to New York City for a national media blitz. Her mother and father desperately hope the larger stage, including interviews on network TV shows, will make the difference in a case that has frustrated and puzzled police and left a gaping hole in the family's heart.

"All it takes is one person to crack this case open," the teen's father said. "All it takes is one pair of eyes."

Missing Amber

The door to Amber's bedroom is kept open inside the family's two-story north Escondido home. The teen's black and gray cat, Robin, often slumbers on Amber's bunk bed.

Her watercolor paintings of wolves (she adores wolves), her "Twilight" movie poster and vast array of books, including her Harry Potter collection, remain as she left them.

"I usually have panic attacks when I come up here," said McGonigle, standing in her daughter's small room, her voice breaking.

Amber's mother moved out of the home six weeks after the teen disappeared, in part, she said, because the reminders of what she's lost are all around. She now lives with a friend just a few blocks away.

McGonigle's former boyfriend, David Cave, and the couple's 6-year-old daughter, Allison, remain at the home. Amber's father lives in Orange County.

Family and the teen's close friends describe Amber as a model student, a girl who was looking forward to raising a baby lamb through her school's agriculture program and who never once spoke of running away.

Her parents are convinced she was abducted by a stranger. Police, without evidence to prove either theory, have classified Amber's disappearance as a "suspicious missing person" case.

Sheila Welch, the teen's maternal grandmother, has paid for public relations help for the family and recently hired Lawrence Olmstead, a Los Angeles-based private detective. Olmstead follows San Diego-based private investigator Bill Garcia, who worked for the family early on. Welch emphasized the new investigator's work is meant to complement, not compete with, local police efforts.

Welch, an attorney who lives in Paramount, north of Long Beach, also has spent months arranging for the specialized search hounds from VK9 Scent Specific Search Recovery of Brewer, Maine. The company's canines can track a scent months after a person has disappeared, Welch said.

The grandmother, who family say inspired Amber's love for animals and reading, said she'll "never stop" looking for her granddaughter.

Case remains a mystery

Escondido police have received and investigated more than 1,100 tips in the case. They've interviewed more than 550 people, including Amber's family, friends, neighbors, sex offenders who live near the family's Escondido home and every classmate she had this past spring and fall, said Lt. Bob Benton. More than two dozen police investigators and support staff worked on the girl's case shortly after she vanished. Three full-time investigators are still assigned to it, he said.

After all their work, however, they still have no idea what happened to the shy and sheltered girl.

"We all wake up in the middle of the night just pondering, 'What did we miss?'" Benton said. "That takes a toll on us."

In most missing-person investigations, police have something to start with ---- the description of a suspect or perhaps a car involved. With Amber's, they have next to nothing.

Police are still not sure whether the driver of a maroon pickup seen on school surveillance video was involved in Amber's disappearance. The truck was seen exiting the school's maintenance yard at roughly the same time Amber was spotted walking nearby.

"In this case, we're just going down dead end after dead end," said the lieutenant, flanked by more than a dozen thick binders containing interview transcripts, photographs and other original case documents. "It's been so frustrating."

Police do not have any suspects, nor have they ruled anyone out, including family members.

Amber's parents say they want police to explore all possibilities.

"At this point, they're not looking at us as possible suspects," Amber's father said. "If something points in that direction (toward a family member), I would want them to look there."

Amber's father, mother and the mother's longtime boyfriend all voluntarily took polygraph tests shortly after the teen vanished.

Escondido police have worked with agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, investigators with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, contacted law enforcement in Canada (Amber has extended family in Montreal), Mexico and across the globe.

"It's been an important case for all of us," said Escondido police Investigator Beverly Marquez. "We want to find this girl and bring her home."

Marquez serves as a liaison between the family and the department. In her 15 years working missing-person cases, she said couldn't recall one as involved as Amber's or with so few clues.

She said that Amber's case will remain open as long as it takes.

"She's not home yet ---- it's an active case," the investigator said.

Family's anguish

The pain surrounding Amber's loss never truly subsides, family members say.

Amber's father still has not been able to resume his job at Netcom Technologies, where he's a senior estimator for the company. Her mother just returned to work last month at a local printing company, she said.

When despair hits, it's often a phone call from one of the committed volunteers that lifts them, they say. Many of the volunteers started as strangers and have become the family's closest supporters.

Outside observers say Amber's mother and father have worked diligently to find their daughter.

"I'm incredibly impressed by Moe and Carrie," said Marc Klaas, whose daughter, Polly, was kidnapped and murdered in Northern California in 1993. "As long as they can continue to be proactive and as long as they can continue to be busy, I think they can hold the fear at bay."

Klaas, through his Klaas Kids Foundation, has supported the family's efforts.

When asked why they keep searching, family members say they can't imagine doing anything else.

They want the girl who loved to collect seashells on the beach, who made her mother breakfast on Mother's Day, who would hide under the covers of her bed with a book and flashlight and read late into the night, back home.

"I know that someone out there knows something," said Amber's mother. "And I would just beg them to call anonymously. No one needs to know who they are."

Call staff writer Chris Nichols at 760-740-5426.

http://www.10news.com/news/20390783/detail.html

Girl, 15, Escapes Abduction Attempt In Bay Terraces

POSTED: 4:36 pm PDT August 13, 2009
UPDATED: 5:26 pm PDT August 13, 2009

SAN DIEGO -- Police are investigating an attempted abduction in the Bay Terraces area, 10News reported.

San Diego police said a 15-year-old girl was walking home from Bell Middle School shortly before 2 p.m. when two males standing on the street approached her on Woodman Street near Bullock Drive.

The girl told police the men asked her what time it was, and then shoved her to the ground and tried to grab her.

Thank goodness she escaped. The vehicle isn't the same, but there is a description of a tall, thin, dark young man who tried to kidnap the girl.

Amber's case is being highlighted on Jane Velez Mitchell tonight.

I didn't see this post until this morning. Was anything said that we didn't already know?

Thank god people are still looking for Amber, I keep checking in here but don't post often. Anything new? Nothing turned up in the last search?

I didn't see this post until this morning. Was anything said that we didn't already know?

I was disappointed that Amber's parents were on for such a short time. They showed the video of the truck. None of the leads have gone anywhere.

POLITAN: Fourteen-year-old California girl Amber Dubois vanished exactly six months ago today on her walk to school. Amber seemingly disappeared without a trace.

Cops have no suspects, but they are not ruling anyone out. Over 500 people have been interviewed, and police have received and investigated over 1,000 tips.

Despite the frustrating lack of information, Amber`s parents are not giving up. They reportedly have hired a private investigator and are flying in dogs from Maine to help in the search for their daughter. Tonight, vigils will be held nationwide for young Amber as friends, family and strangers are hoping for her safe return.

Tonight, I`m honored to be joined by Amber`s parents, Moe Dubois and Carrie McGonigle. Thank you, both, for joining us tonight.

And I know this must be extremely difficult, but, if you could -- and Carrie, I`ll begin with you. Could you explain what happened that morning six months ago and why you believe that your daughter`s not a teenage run away?

CARRIE MCGONIGLE, MOTHER OF AMBER: Amber was very excited that day for school. It was a day she was looking forward to for over a year. She was purchasing her baby lamb for her school project. I waited until the very last day to give her the money. And she had her Valentine`s Day presents in her backpack that we took her to the store the night before.

I kissed her good-bye in the morning and told her I`d see her later that evening. We`d go do something. And she left for school.

POLITAN: There was nothing unusual about that morning?

MCGONIGLE: Except that she was so excited about purchasing the lamb.

POLITAN: Moe, what can -- what can folks do if they know anything about this? Have you set up Web sites? We`ve got numbers for folks to call?

MOE DUBOIS, FATHER OF AMBER: Absolutely. If you recognize Amber in any way, the first thing is contact the FBI, get in touch with them, let them know anything that you may know.

If you`re unaware or don`t know anything, by all means, logon to Amber`s Web site. And you can find the entire story. You can download flyers, put them up in your local areas, give them to local law enforcement, and make sure everyone is aware of Amber`s story.

POLITAN: Now, one thing that intrigues, I think, everyone in this case is that you`re looking into the presence of this suspicious dark red truck that was on the school grounds that day. Take a look at this video. It`s grainy surveillance footage that shows the truck pulling in and leaving after about four minutes. Have police been able to track this truck down?

DUBOIS: No. At this time, there has been no concrete location of the vehicle. The vehicle appeared at exactly the three-minute window that they`ve narrowed down Amber`s disappearance to, and we`d just like to find out who the owner of the vehicle is. Perhaps he may have seen something, may have a connection to this. We have no concrete evidence of who owns the vehicle or...

POLITAN: Let`s take one more look at it. And again, folks, if you know anyone that owns a vehicle like this or -- it`s dark red, and it`s in that area. And this wasn`t connected to anyone at the school, right?

MCGONIGLE: No, they`ve had no -- they checked out everything. They looked for it before they released it to the public, trying -- trying to find it.

POLITAN: Tell us about the vigil that`s going to take place.

MCGONIGLE: We`re going to have it -- where we having it?

DUBOIS: We`re having the vigil tonight in New York at Central Park at Tavern on the Green. There`s also a vigil in Orange County today in California. Back home in Escondido, we`re having a vigil. There`s also one in Arizona. We`re having a few of them, basically, nationwide.

POLITAN: Moe -- Moe and Carrie, thank you so much for coming in. And all our thoughts and prayers are with you in the search for your daughter. Thank you so much.

I was disappointed that Amber's parents were on for such a short time. They showed the video of the truck. None of the leads have gone anywhere.

Unfortunately the family only had a specified amount of time, approximately 4.5 minutes, to talk about Amber. I too, wish they had more time to talk about Amber's disappearance, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman