CA-Amber Leeanne Dubois (14 YO)- Escondido Thread # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always thinking about Amber. Wondering where she can be??

I saw this story in The North County Times. I don't know if it could be related to her disappearance at all. The truck is a different color, white not red or burgandy. Could it have been painted? Kit Carson Park is about 10 to 15 minutes away from Escondido High. It could be that there's just a lot of violent crime in Escondido period.

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/escondido/article_33550ee6-d563-11de-85f6-001cc4c03286.html

I just watched the movie "Trade" with Kevin Kline. It was a pretty powerful expose about the trafficking of young girls/boys and women in Mexico to the US. This story involved a Russian/Mexican ring working out of Mexico City and selling girls in the US to the highest bidder (worldwide). At times it was difficult to watch, wondering how many missing kids that are never found end up in these rings.

Has anyone seen this and what are your thoughts relating this to Amber?

I thought about this in the beginning and still have a strong feeling that she may have been sold.
Is anyone looking into this theory on this case and if not, why not??

Praying, still praying for Amber and her family.

One more note about the movie "Trade"

At the end of the movie (2007) there is a quote from that I looked up and it was the US's State Department Advisor on Trafficking who said:
" We are not finding victims in the US because we aren't looking for them"

Sorry I don't have the link but here's some more interesting info re: the movie and subject:

In 2002, an actual New Jersey home (in a peaceful community) was raided by authorities. According to Peter Landesman's article, the police described it as a "squalid, land-based equivalent of a 19th century slave ship, with rancid, doorless bathrooms; bare, putrid mattresses; and a stash of penicillin, morning-after pills, and misoprostol, an antiulcer medication that can induce abortion." The basement was full of young girls, all "pale, exhausted, and malnourished." And this is only one house in America used as a place where girls are either auctioned off or used as sex slaves. The phenomenon may be more widespread in Europe and Mexico, however this country is catching up, with an estimated 20,000 young girls (and boys) being trafficked every year. Landesman spent several years doing research and interviewing a number of subjects before publishing his article. Trade is a dramatization that manages to visualize the complex tunnel system the sex traffickers use to carry on their business.

Thank you, Brwnigirl. The movie 'Trade' is now at the top of my 'must see' list. It sounds very interesting.

I think about Amber quite often. I was staying with friends in Southern California when she was abducted, just a few months ago. I think it's sad that she isn't more prominently spotlighted by the national media. It's even more sad that so much time has already gone by without any answers.

I worry, too, that she was whisked away to Mexico, because of the close proximity of the border from where she lived and was stolen from.

I wonder if she is still alive, and her life has turned into some indescribable horror. Something about her touches me deeply, I think maybe because she reminds me a bit of myself at her age. I was in 4H at her age, and even had a pet lamb I named 'Kimberly'.

This girl seems so sweet, and vulnerable, and my heart breaks for her family. I wish so much for Amber to be found, and returned to those who love her.

Thank you, Brwnigirl. The movie 'Trade' is now at the top of my 'must see' list. It sounds very interesting.

I think about Amber quite often. I was staying with friends in Southern California when she was abducted, just a few months ago. I think it's sad that she isn't more prominently spotlighted by the national media. It's even more sad that so much time has already gone by without any answers.

I worry, too, that she was whisked away to Mexico, because of the close proximity of the border from where she lived and was stolen from.

I wonder if she is still alive, and her life has turned into some indescribable horror. Something about her touches me deeply, I think maybe because she reminds me a bit of myself at her age. I was in 4H at her age, and even had a pet lamb I named 'Kimberly'.

This girl seems so sweet, and vulnerable, and my heart breaks for her family. I wish so much for Amber to be found, and returned to those who love her.

I am touched by her too smart blonde. She reminds me of myself when I was her age as well. Her love for animals, she is shy, a bit of a book-worm; I can relate to those things especially the love for animals. If Amber is found I think she will grow up to be a powerful voice for our furry friends especially the wolf who she had such an affinity for.

I don't know what I wish for Amber. I want her to be alive so she can come home but I fear if she is alive she is enduring things beyond my imagination so I don't know which is worse - life or death.

One more note about the movie "Trade"

At the end of the movie (2007) there is a quote from that I looked up and it was the US's State Department Advisor on Trafficking who said:
" We are not finding victims in the US because we aren't looking for them"

Sorry I don't have the link but here's some more interesting info re: the movie and subject:

In 2002, an actual New Jersey home (in a peaceful community) was raided by authorities. According to Peter Landesman's article, the police described it as a "squalid, land-based equivalent of a 19th century slave ship, with rancid, doorless bathrooms; bare, putrid mattresses; and a stash of penicillin, morning-after pills, and misoprostol, an antiulcer medication that can induce abortion." The basement was full of young girls, all "pale, exhausted, and malnourished." And this is only one house in America used as a place where girls are either auctioned off or used as sex slaves. The phenomenon may be more widespread in Europe and Mexico, however this country is catching up, with an estimated 20,000 young girls (and boys) being trafficked every year. Landesman spent several years doing research and interviewing a number of subjects before publishing his article. Trade is a dramatization that manages to visualize the complex tunnel system the sex traffickers use to carry on their business.

Here's the link to Peter Landesman's original article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/25/magazine/25SEXTRAFFIC.html

Skewed:
Thank you so much for that article! I just read all 12 pages and I don't know if I want to vomit or cry. I think the movie Trade must have been based on the findings in that article.

Wow!!! I knew a little bit about the horrors of trafficking but it is really overwhelming to find out so much. Kids being trafficked at Disneyland? How many times have I walked around Disneyland in oblivion, were kids getting handed off in my midst? I don't think I can go there again and not watch for children going to their "daddys"

I cannot imagine being a parent with a missing child and each day thinking about the hell my child might be enduring. I know what you mean Gaia, would I be wishing for death?
I can't stop thinking about these children out there and the pigs who buy and sell them over and over again and the pigs who look the other way. And the pure hopelessness for these children to ever escape.

It feels so futile, this child trafficking is everywhere and in huge huge numbers.

I too feel some connection to Amber, not sure why. I believe she is alive, always have, and being kept. Whether that is by some trafficking ring or some lone sicko I don't know.

I hope her family gets some comfort soon, I don't know how they do it..what choice do you have but to go on??

Extra prayers for all the missing/abandoned/sold children tonight.

Here's a news report that Ana Garcia of NBC News Los Angeles did on sex trafficking in North San Diego County back in 2003.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQEltSyzL38"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

When I saw the movie "Taken" I thought of Amber, and so many others. This is a horrific problem around the world and LE needs to make it a priority to save these children!!!

I have always believed Amber was somewhere in Mexico. I do feel she's alive somewhere.

There was a cutout pic of Amber in my circular mail today. Sweet little thing. Her 15th birthday was 10/25. I so wish there was more to go on with her case!

Bumping for Amber......

Has the family hired any private detectives? What about a Mexican bounty hunter? Do they exist?

Praying for Amber and her family

Amber and her family are in my prayers all the time. I hope no one ever gives up looking for Amber, and answers for her family.

Has the family hired any private detectives? What about a Mexican bounty hunter? Do they exist?

Praying for Amber and her family

Bounty hunting is illegal in Mexico. After what happened with the Luster case, I think it would be hard to find a bounty hunter willing to go in there. It is my understanding that the family does have private detectives working for them.

Do you think maybe other students knew Amber was carrying a $200 check to purchase her lamb and was targeted? I don't know when I was 13-14yrs old if I understood exactly how checks worked.

I just watched the movie "Trade" with Kevin Kline. It was a pretty powerful expose about the trafficking of young girls/boys and women in Mexico to the US. This story involved a Russian/Mexican ring working out of Mexico City and selling girls in the US to the highest bidder (worldwide). At times it was difficult to watch, wondering how many missing kids that are never found end up in these rings.

Thank you for suggesting this movie. I will be watching it soon. I think about Amber and her family often. I really pray they get a break in the case soon. Too many of these cases go on for years and years and there never are answers. Stuff like this breaks my heart.:twocents:

With less than a week until it's Christmas, I'm thinking about Amber's parents. How heartbreaking it must be for them to be without Amber. I'm sure every holiday, birthday
that goes by without her is agonizing. I am always hoping that they will get answers soon.

Merry Christmas Amber. I hope and pray that you are still alive and that you will get out of the terrible situation that took you away for your loving family. I hope they find you soon.

Bounty hunting is illegal in Mexico. After what happened with the Luster case, I think it would be hard to find a bounty hunter willing to go in there. It is my understanding that the family does have private detectives working for them.

Don't think I am familiar with the Luster case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat