Identified! CA - Anaheim, WhtFem Skeletal 22UFCA, 15-19, off Riverside Fwy, Aug'87 - Tracey C Hobson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Her aunt posted a several months ago when Tracey was initially identified to raise the money needed to rebury her. I think it’s against Websleuths policy to post the link, but please message me if you want me to send it to you :)

RIP Tracey

RIP Tracey.

I have to say, this is one of those cases where Carl's recon was miles closer to the deceased than the initial recons. And also a case that shows you can't rely on age estimates entirely. She was 21 when she went missing. Close to the upper limit on age (19) but fairly far from 15, I'd say.

tracey-hobson-ht-001-jpo-190117_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

Rest in peace, Tracy Hobson.

I really hope that now she has her name back they will be able to identify whoever did this to her next. I hope her identification will help them put together a timeline and the circumstances of her disappearance.

The desperate attempt at making it impossible to identify her (cutting of her hands), makes me think that she may have known her killer. Why try to keep her identity hidden if it was a random crime? Unless she could somehow be linked back to her killer..

Nevertheless, I’m happy she will finally be going home. She looked like a very nice young woman. I must say however that she lookes absolutely nothing like (what I consider the most known) black and white recon... That being said, I really applaud to you, Carl. It’s baffling how close your recon is to her true likeness. I’m especially taken aback by how close her nose is.

Jee....this does bring tears to my eyes, even though I've been hardened along the way. Wonderful that this girl is identified after all this years. Thanks to CarlK (again) for doing a wonderful reconstruction, spot on, and of course the new technics used by the DNA Doe project. Rest in peace Ms Hobson. Thoughts are with her family.

*Bump*

Almost a year has passed since Tracey's identification, but as far as I can see, there doesn't seem to be any updates on her case. Her last moments, what led her to her demise, and who is responsible for ending her life seems to be in the dark as for now, although LE is investigating, according to the DDP.
Tracy’s identification was made possible by the work of DDP volunteers using genetic genealogy. Because genetic genealogy is not accepted as a legal form of identification, it can only be considered a lead in an investigation. The Orange County Coroner’s Office then used forensic dentistry to legally confirm Tracy’s identity on January 15, 2019.

The Sheriff’s Department is now focusing on the investigation of Tracy’s homicide and bringing her killer to justice.
Anaheim Jane Doe - DNA Doe Project Cases

Have they ever looked into Lawrence Singleton? He was paroled in April 87 after serving 8 years for attacking a young girl, severing her arms and leaving her for dead. He was later jailed again, for murder in 1997. When I read the circumstances of this case I thought of his mo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back