CA CA - Andrea Jerri White, 22, Humboldt, 31 July 1991

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Zeero,
Is the farmer you referenced on the coast?
If so I wonder if he has property not in the Arcata Bottoms, but up in the foothills with redwood trees.
Or are you referencing a farm on the Hoopa Reservation or nearer Willow Creek?

Welcome to Websleuths and to the thread @zeero and @Siskiyoumom. Thank you for your valuable insights into this tragic disappearance.

@Siskiyoumom
Redwoods, near Arcata. Sorry for the huge lapse in response. You get to his farm by going down west 299. He has redwoods on his property. I know who my grandma claims killed her, and know his farm. I don't want to publicly say his name because it could just be old gossip. There was also a mandible found in a lake nearby and could have been from runoff of his farm. I think the person who killed her was local, as police reports said the car that picked her up had special tires needed to traverse the mountains. She wasn't going to court for anything criminal, just something routine. Each time anyone needed to do anything official they had to travel way out from the reservation. Unfortunately there are alot of missing people in humboldt County. Chic gets a very small fraction of what the "humboldt" five get.

Heartbreaking article. That information her son provided is quite a bombshell, actually! LE isn’t likely to want to investigate one of their own.
Can you explain for folks who don't have access to that site?

Can you explain for folks who don't have access to that site?

Thanks for asking. Her son Arnold Davis III was two when Andrea disappeared…quoting from the link:

Davis believes the police could be responsible for his mother's disappearance, but he has no evidence. Not long before White disappeared, she told her aunt, Donna White, that she’d been raped by local police officers. “She said she had been drinking and they picked her up for intoxication,” says Donna. “But they stopped, and they raped her. They still put her in jail, too.”

Donna took her niece to a rape crisis center in Eureka and then to the district attorney’s office. But it proved too much for Andrea: “The district attorney was talking to her and then she just shut down and didn't want to talk about anything.”

Police have no leads on the disappearance, now relegated to the cold case file. Humboldt County Sheriff William Honsal says foul play is highly suspected.

I wonder if the rape was the case she was traveling to the court house for?

I wonder if the rape was the case she was traveling to the court house for?

Apparently not about the rape case. Quoting the article linked by @EastHumboldt…

For 30 long years, Ana White has been searching for her sister, Andrea “Chick” White. The then 22-year-old Native mother of four including an eight-month-old baby had traveled to Eureka, California, in July 1991 for a court date, after an auto accident. She was spotted hitchhiking home along a freeway near Blue Lake, in northern California. She has been missing ever since.
BBM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ragnimom
Back