CA CA - April Pitzer, 30, Newberry Springs, 28 June 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I found this Unidentified and I thought of April. The UD was found as a skeleton in 2011 so that body has been there for a while. the only rule out so far is Jessie Foster.
The UD is here: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9799

and the outskirts of vegas are not that far from the Newberry/Barstow/Baker area.

Haven't been here in a while. Bumping for April!!! Anyone hear anything? What about the bones? Was that ruled out? Or of something else?

Originally Posted by sealevel
Not much info to go on, but I thought of April when I saw this:

http://www.co.san-bernardino.ca.us/s...essRelease.asp
Coroner case 701206194: On Sunday, September 2, 2012, at 6:50 PM, human remains were located in the desert along 49000 block of Silver Valley Rd. in Newberry Springs. The remains were determined to be those of a female (designated "Jane Doe #24-12"). Attempts to identify the remains and determine the cause of death are continuing. The incident is under investigation by the San Bernardino County Sheriff Department – Homicide Detail. Anyone with information is urged to call Sheriff's Homicide Detail at 909-387-3589. [09/07/12 1630 VN

Are these two related:

Dog brings human foot home in Newberry Springs:
http://www.vvdailypress.com/articles/human-36460-newberry-brings.html

i can only think of April when newberry springs is brought up. It happened in Sept 2012.

I cant read anymore without a subscription, so I cant tell if its a recent death or bones.

I just watched April's episode of Disappeared. This is the most recent article I can find, from February 6, 2013.

Still searching for April Pitzer: http://www.desertdispatch.com/news/searching-14040-springs-april.html

After nearly a decade-long search, Gloria Denton hasn’t given up hope of finding her missing daughter.

On Tuesday, Denton revealed plans to return to the area in the coming months to continue the search for April Pitzer, who was last seen alive in the desert near Newberry Springs in 2004.

Denton, who lives in Arkansas, said she hasn’t been to the area since August 2011 because she was recovering from back surgery.

(snip)

Pitzer was declared legally dead on Aug. 27 after Attorney Jeanne Kennedy agreed to file for a death certificate pro bono, Denton said.

“The girls and I thank her so very much,” she said. “It was a true, true act of kindness.”

The filing will allow Pitzer’s two daughters — ages 14 and 12 — to receive survivor benefits, Denton said.

BREAKING NEWS: Volunteer searchers may have located April's remains in a well near Hinkley they have been excavating for the last two days. SB coroner is responding.

Snipped:

From underneath a tent, Denton sifted through whatever the filter left behind while others sought clues in rubble immediately around the well. Denton carefully surveyed every rock on the table top and when something had potential to be a bone, she dropped it into a Folger’s coffee can.

She then took pictures of suspected bones and sent them to Walker for examination. One piece in particular, clay-red in color and the length of a dollar bill, moved Denton almost to tears.

“Oh, my God,” she said, “what if I’m holding her?”

One volunteer was quick to point out the significance.

“You’ll be having the resolve you’ve been needing, you’ve been wanting” the volunteer said, “and you can get your life back.”

http://www.desertdispatch.com/articles/second-15087-day-hinkley.html

So sad. :(

Hair, possibly skull found at Pitzer dig site:

http://www.desertdispatch.com/articles/pitzer-15099-possibly-dig.html

On Thursday, a handful of volunteers digging through dirt from a well off Dixie Road in Hinkley uncovered what they believe may be a hunk of skull with long brown hair attached to it, according to Pitzer’s mother, Gloria Denton.

Authorities are waiting on test results.

“Nothing has been identified as human at this point,” San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Det. Mike Walker said Friday.

April's disappeared episode is on right now .... Have they ever found her remains yet ? lot's of cryptic clues written all over the place ...

April's disappeared episode is on right now .... Have they ever found her remains yet ? lot's of cryptic clues written all over the place ...

Yes, Aprils episode is on YouTube as well. :) But for your question if Aprils remains have been found, i personally think they have. On September 20th 2013 During Gloria's probably final search for April a person told Gloria April was buried in a a well off Dixie Road in Hinkley. They dug and and uncovered what they believe may be a hunk of skull with long brown hair attached to it. Gloria had a lock of Aprils hair with her to compare and according to her it was the exact same color. They are still waiting for the test results to come back. It seems like it's been forever to me, I can't imagine how Gloria feels. I believe they have finally found her. But I'll guess we'll have to wait and see.

They dug and and uncovered what they believe may be a hunk of skull with long brown hair attached to it. Gloria had a lock of Aprils hair with her to compare and according to her it was the exact same color. They are still waiting for the test results to come back. It seems like it's been forever to me, I can't imagine how Gloria feels. I believe they have finally found her. But I'll guess we'll have to wait and see.

I just finished watching the ‘Disappeared’ episode on April and it broke my heart. She had just cleaned up her life and was so close to getting back to her baby girls. So, so sad. Please keep us updated on the DNA testing. I hope her family is given some answers; after all the ridiculous cryptic “clues” in this case, they deserve some solid answers and resolution. April, her daughters, and her amazingly strong mother deserve justice. I will keep them all in my thoughts.

I just finished watching the ‘Disappeared’ episode on April and it broke my heart. She had just cleaned up her life and was so close to getting back to her baby girls. So, so sad. Please keep us updated on the DNA testing. I hope her family is given some answers; after all the ridiculous cryptic “clues” in this case, they deserve some solid answers and resolution. April, her daughters, and her amazingly strong mother deserve justice. I will keep them all in my thoughts.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-April-Beth-Pitzer/203568679736761 Here's a Facebook page Gloria has made for April, She updates it often on the leads and emails she gets. Sad too say her page has been hacked a few times with people that write awful things about April and Gloria. There's so many sick people out there.

Bumping for April. Her Disappeared episode is on today. April needs to be found!

It's Aprils birthday today.

Gloria is also going to be doing another search on March 25th thanks to the kindness of a friend who donated the free miles to get her there.

Bumping for April. Praying for peace for her mother and answers soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any information on why her mother thinks her disappearance is related to being a federal informant on a court case?

Also I can not find the information about the chuck guy leaving cryptic clues? The link to Americas most wanted that previous posters said this information was from is no longer working

Does anyone have any information on why her mother thinks her disappearance is related to being a federal informant on a court case?

Also I can not find the information about the chuck guy leaving cryptic clues? The link to Americas most wanted that previous posters said this information was from is no longer working

Yes, Gloria has said in multiple interviews she believes April was murdered for being a drug informant. After all when April was living down in Newberry springs she ran into the same women she testified against in Arkansas seven years later and her husband went to prison because of it.

Also with the cryptic clues, Dan Dan did supposedly make a deathbed confession that Aprils mother is in the right place. 'She just hasn't gone far enough' A pretty vague statement tbh.

Also Following Chuck's death, his daughter found a sealed envelope in a lock box under his bed. The envelope read: 'If I go missing or are found dead open this up.'" The letter practically accused Dan of committing April's murder and said that he had been sought after in the murders of five other women.

Another cryptic clue was the graffiti that was written in a mens Oregon truck stop bathroom that said practically said the missing Arkansas women was close to barstow of the I-15 freeway.

Dan Dan is also well known for writing notes throughout the Mojave desert.

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/local/2014/06/28/family-still-struggles-10-years-the-disappearance-of-daughter/11668431/

It's a story that made national headlines for years. April Beth Pitzer disappeared on June 28, 2004. She was last seen alive in California. She has since been declared legally dead, but her body has never been found.

On Saturday, family members and friends shared their favorite stories of the short time they had with her. But, between the innocent memories, was a dark side of Pitzer's life. Jail time and drug use plagued her for a period of time before she disappeared at the age of 30.

"I wonder what it would be like to have a mom to go to for problems," said Kennedy Pitzer, April's 13-year-old daughter. "And just knowing that she's not going to be there when I get married or help me pick out my dress is just hard."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back