GUILTY CA - Aramazd Andressian, 5, South Pasadena, 18 April 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still would like to know how LE determines a reward amount and why theirs was offered by LE vs. by city council members for Ara Jr. ...my whole point was how and by who the amount gets determined.

<Snipped for clarity>

Here are two links that provide the information you are asking about. If you search, there are a number of articles on the internet that explain criteria used and/or required in determining 1) an award and 2) the amount. Some are bound by Municipal Codes.

The first link is from the LA County Board of Supervisors site
The second link if from the Los Angeles Daily News

4.50.010 - Reward for information leading to the apprehension and/or conviction of persons guilty of criminal acts.

A. "A reward may be offered by the board of supervisors for information leading to the apprehension and/or conviction of any person or persons whose wilful misconduct results in injury or death to any person..."

4.50.020 - Amount of reward.

A. A reward may be offered up to a maximum of $10,000.00 payable in equal shares from the discretionary funds of each member of the board of supervisors.

https://library.municode.com/ca/los...de_of_ordinances?nodeId=TIT4REFI_CH4.50REINCR

All rewards must be formally proposed by a City Council member and approved by the council, but often detectives initiate the process.

http://www.dailynews.com/20080303/politics-sway-reward-offers-for-crime-tips

Oh that's sad...i have never thought that the sum of the reward correlates with the probability of receiving the tip of the child's whereabouts... I have never thought of that :-(

See above links. There is also a number of articles on the internet that debate if rewards work and how often the amount of money may or may not have any bearing on the tips received. As I mentioned above, two active cases with over $200K rewards have not lead to an arrest (so far) and I guess we wait to see if it will.

Again, lots of information if you want to search further.

Also, to follow up on my above post, there are articles that explain how LE works with regards to rewards. (There must be dedicated phone lines set up for tips and people to man those phones etc).

In the case of Abby & Libby, the reward was offered AFTER they were found. (They were found within 24 hours). From what I have read about rewards, it's often how heinous the crime was that can determine the reward amount. The girls were from a town of 3,000 and their murders really rocked their small community.

Christopher Dorner from 2013 also comes to mind. He shot and killed a couple in Irvine no reward money, then 4 days later he shot at 2 police officers killing one and the next day they created a $1 mil reward and tips were coming in like crazy until they found him 5 days later up in the mountains due to tips and several people were fighting over the reward money.

In this case with no confirmation of a death and the person of interest's whereabouts known maybe they see no incentive to place a big reward since I can understand from their perspective the public isn't in immediate danger but with the case going cold that might be the only option to make one of his family talk. Otherwise they won't find $30k worth having their brother or son locked up over even if to bring closure to little Ara Jr.

BBM

I see now what you were really asking.

IMO the statement I bolded is not fair. You have assumed guilt.

I also remember very well the manhunt for Dorner. I live in No. CA. I listened to the scanner when it was happening. I listened to dispatch call out to every patrol on the half hour to make sure they were still alive.

To compare ANY reward to one given to those who may pay the ultimate price to protect you, me and little Ara is really unfair. MOO

Christopher Dorner from 2013 also comes to mind. He shot and killed a couple in Irvine no reward money, then 4 days later he shot at 2 police officers killing one and the next day they created a $1 mil reward and tips were coming in like crazy until they found him 5 days later up in the mountains due to tips and several people were fighting over the reward money.

In this case with no confirmation of a death and the person of interest's whereabouts known maybe they see no incentive to place a big reward since I can understand from their perspective the public isn't in immediate danger but with the case going cold that might be the only option to make one of his family talk. Otherwise they won't find $30k worth having their brother or son locked up over even if to bring closure to little Ara Jr.

BBM

I see now what you were really asking.

IMO the statement I bolded is not fair. You have assumed guilt.

I also remember very well the manhunt for Dorner. I live in No. CA. I listened to the scanner when it was happening. I listened to dispatch call out to every patrol on the half hour to make sure they were still alive.

To compare ANY reward to one given to those who may pay the ultimate price to protect you, me and little Ara is really unfair. MOO

Yes it's been my personal opinion the person of interest is guilty I have been expressing that openly throughout the thread though I'm still curious about the questions I pose as far as how reward money is determined, if the amounts are fixed by regulation etc.

Yes it's been my personal opinion the person of interest is guilty I have been expressing that openly throughout the thread though I'm still curious about the questions I pose as far as how reward money is determined, if the amounts are fixed by regulation etc.

Great. Then I hope my links were useful.

Comparing apples to apples this morning as far as both parents -

Mother of Jr: Has been answering all questions truthfully directly with LE, has passed out thousands of flyers, shows genuine grief when communicating directly to public asking for their assistance, has contributed a third toward the reward money.

Father of Jr: Lost the boy while in his care, has lied to police then stopped cooperating, hired a lawyer who is his mouthpiece and composes carefully worded statements only he releases, hasn't made efforts to search for the boy or to contribute toward the reward money while likely paying thousands to the expensive high profile lawyer he hides behind, took drugs not prescribed to him while caring for and driving a 5 year old boy including at the time he went missing.

Here are two links that provide the information you are asking about. If you search, there are a number of articles on the internet that explain criteria used and/or required in determining 1) an award and 2) the amount. Some are bound by Municipal Codes.

4.50.010 - Reward for information leading to the apprehension and/or conviction of persons guilty of criminal acts.

A. "A reward may be offered by the board of supervisors for information leading to the apprehension and/or conviction of any person or persons whose wilful misconduct results in injury or death to any person..."

A. A reward may be offered up to a maximum of $10,000.00 payable in equal shares from the discretionary funds of each member of the board of supervisors.

https://library.municode.com/ca/los...de_of_ordinances?nodeId=TIT4REFI_CH4.50REINCR

All rewards must be formally proposed by a City Council member and approved by the council, but often detectives initiate the process.

See above links. There is also a number of articles on the internet that debate if rewards work and how often the amount of money may or may not have any bearing on the tips received. As I mentioned above, two active cases with over $200K rewards have not lead to an arrest (so far) and I guess we wait to see if it will.

Thank you for this. Very informative.

BBM

I understand you feel he is guilty. I don't agree with making that assumption without having all the facts LE has or what will be presented in court should it go there. I understnad thinking it appears one way, but to make a blanket statement is just not who I personally am.

Comparing apples to apples is always best.

Disparaging a hired lawyer that every citizen has the right to do IMO is not good. <modsnip>

I've been on several threads where this is done. There will be more in the future.

I hope little Ara is found.

Comparing apples to apples this morning as far as both parents -

Mother of Jr: Has been answering all questions truthfully directly with LE, has passed out thousands of flyers, shows genuine grief when communicating directly to public asking for their assistance, has contributed a third toward the reward money.

Father of Jr: Lost the boy while in his care, has lied to police then stopped cooperating, hired a lawyer who is his mouthpiece and composes carefully worded statements only he releases, hasn't made efforts to search for the boy or to contribute toward the reward money while likely paying thousands to the expensive high profile lawyer he hides behind, took drugs not prescribed to him while caring for and driving a 5 year old boy including at the time he went missing.

While I agree that hiring a lawyer is the right of every citizen, I must say that not making any efforts to search for the child is an indicator that he is guilty.
The question we are now trying to determine is: what exactly is he guilty of? Is he guilty of concealing the truth, child endangerment, kidnapping, manslaughter or premeditated murder?
I think we need to move past the semantics and agree that at this point, unless allowed all the information that is known to the LE and approaching the suspects, witnesses, persons of interests and anybody else and questioning them directly, searching for the body etc, in other words, unless conducting the active investigation by ourselves, we are unable to come up with anything answers or new clues.

The truth is, we can't dispassionately exchange some of the thoughts about this case, without breaking some rules of this forum. I believe that Aramazd Sr.'s family is aware of what happened to the child. LE needs to look harder, then bring them all in.

When you do a search of the POI, AA Sr, you can get phone numbers and emails for him. http://quanki.com/person.php?person=061XXDKEGCV When you search those, you find all sorts of things. One of the phone numbers leads directly to a HUGE warehouse/indoor shopping mart not far from where he lives. I hope and anyone linked to it that was searched.

<Snipped for clarity>

Thank you for taking the time to links that clear this up, it's good to know facts.

When you do a search of the POI, AA Sr, you can get phone numbers and emails for him. http://quanki.com/person.php?person=061XXDKEGCV When you search those, you find all sorts of things. One of the phone numbers leads directly to a HUGE warehouse/indoor shopping mart not far from where he lives. I hope and anyone linked to it that was searched.

Thank you, GigTu! I have not come across any statements from LE about searching Aramazd Sr's properties. Sometimes I wish I was a private eye to be able to look into things myself :)

I have not come across any statements from LE about searching Aramazd Sr's properties.

That's probably because they know he's not going to be found on any properties belonging to the family. It is possible that after a long day at Disneyland, little Ara fell asleep in the car. If he's a deep sleeper and exhausted from the theme park, he probably slept right through being driven far away and transferred to another vehicle and driven further away. Can you imagine waking up in a different place and your mommy and daddy are nowhere in sight? Poor little baby. How awful. It's been two months. He could be halfway around the globe. Heavens only knows how this will all affect him long term. Granted, children are resilient, but trauma leaves long-lasting effects.

Thank you, GigTu! I have not come across any statements from LE about searching Aramazd Sr's properties. Sometimes I wish I was a private eye to be able to look into things myself :)

:ditto:

Quick question, (and I did look at the link, thanks!) do you pay to have access to the information that isn't shown? I'm curious because I've never paid but been tempted to in order to see further info.

I understand how the algorithm works, but as an example, I put my own name in the search and a phone number I haven't had in 20 years came up so I know it's not 100% up to date. When I saw that it made me wonder if the paid portion has more detailed info one could do a more accurate search with (?)

You can pay for more info, yes. But I think these sites deliver anything and everything associated with your name when it can be linked, even if old information.

You can pay for more info, yes. But I think these sites deliver anything and everything associated with your name when it can be linked, even if old information.

Yes, I know you can pay for more. My question if it's not prying, is did you pay for more? And if so did you receive more information that way.

Re the old information, yes sites will do that as the algorithm picks up old and new.

I'm going to answer that like this... things that can't be located in a public search can't be discussed here in WS. Paying for more would put the information you find behind a curtain and not accessible to all, so therefore would not be allowed here. However, if you can find a way to find the hidden info in a public accessible way, it's of no consequence how you found it. Chasing rabbit holes will also find the same info, just takes longer and requires deep and abstract thinking sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman