Still Missing CA - Aranda Briones, 16, missing after a night out with friends, Moreno Valley, 13 Jan 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sounds to me like he was found guilty yesterday by the jury - !!

And I am with you on finding no articles... no idea why no one is covering this trial. :(

The only reason I don't think the trial has concluded yet is because I think Court TV was probably granted permission to cover the Opening/Closing and Verdict, I have no proof and haven't seen the Order, just speculation. I also think we would know if the case was on verdict watch. JMO

The only reason I don't think the trial has concluded yet is because I think Court TV was probably granted permission to cover the Opening/Closing and Verdict, I have no proof and haven't seen the Order, just speculation. I also think we would know if the case was on verdict watch. JMO

Okay - sounds about right! Thanks!

Trial resumes on Thursday, 8/15:

Case RIF1900705 - SHOVER, OWEN SKYLER - Actions & Minutes

Action DateAction TextDispositionHearing Type
12/31/2050 CASE DESIGNATION: NOT DEATH PENALTY
08/15/2024 9:30 AM DEPT. 51 JURY TRIAL IN-PROGRESS ACTIVE
08/14/2024 9:30 AM DEPT. 51 JURY TRIAL IN-PROGRESS DISPOSED

I'm still working with the information I've gathered. If there were any way of obtaining at the very least general areas RSO and their investigators had searched, that might help me rule out certain areas in my process of elimination. Given that it was in the winter months, usually that area has some good amount of snow. Nothing like we've seen in the past two years, but nonetheless that area does get a good amount of snow throughout the winter.

There are not many dirt trails that Versa hatchback would've been able to clear with it's front wheel traction and it's stock ride height. Given that they had an approximate 30-40 minute drive back home, the most probable theories are, that they didn't go far into a trail, or they dumped the body in the foothills or desert at the foot of the San Bernardino Mountains.

I'm still working with the information I've gathered. If there were any way of obtaining at the very least general areas RSO and their investigators had searched, that might help me rule out certain areas in my process of elimination. Given that it was in the winter months, usually that area has some good amount of snow. Nothing like we've seen in the past two years, but nonetheless that area does get a good amount of snow throughout the winter.

There are not many dirt trails that Versa hatchback would've been able to clear with it's front wheel traction and it's stock ride height. Given that they had an approximate 30-40 minute drive back home, the most probable theories are, that they didn't go far into a trail, or they dumped the body in the foothills or desert at the foot of the San Bernardino Mountains.

Unfortunately, we've never been privy to any of the areas searched by LE, and only learned for the first time last week of the alleged routes OS and AB traveled together after leaving the community park, and then OS, GS, and AB's body.

As to RSO in 2019, the last sighting of AB provided by OS was the community park near AB's residence in Moreno Valley. I assume the park and surrounding area were part of the initial search before LE recovered surveillance confirming AB never returned to the park with OS and there was no grey sedan as cited by the defendant.

I don't know if the RSO link below can be searched for the year 2019. Seems it only produces results as of today.

Registered sex offenders in Moreno Valley, California - crimes listed, registry-based, living in this city

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back