CA CA - Arelie Garcia, 26, Salinas, 22 Sep 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Arelie Garcia texted her sister “good morning” on her way to work – but the 25-year-old Californian never showed up and has been missing ever since.

That was nearly two years ago and her whereabouts are still a mystery.

“We would text each other almost every day,” said her sister Veronica Garcia on the first episode of the new season of the Dateline: Missing in America podcast, which drops on Tuesday.

She recalled the last text she received from Arelie. “She pretty much said, ‘Good morning, I love you,’” she said. “My little one – she says that’s her baby – so she would be like, ‘I love you and the baby.’”

Salinas police say security footage shows Arelie’s 2013 bright red Honda Accord leaving the apartment she shares with her mother on Roosevelt Street around 6:30 a.m. Then just before 7 a.m., she texted her sister her morning greeting.

Arelie worked as a service advisor at My Chevrolet in Salinas and had been expected at work around 7:30 a.m. she never arrived.

Later that day, Arelie’s car was found abandoned in Big Sur on the side of Highway 1, more than an hour from her home. The sisters told Dateline there was no reason for Arelie to be in Big Sur.

Her sister Veronica had tracked down the car using Find My iPhone, which pinged to the area. The car was locked, but Arelie was nowhere to be found.

Police unlocked the car when they got to the scene and found Arelie’s phone, wallet, keys and other belongings inside.

“There is speculation about whether or not her case is connected to that of Kayeleigh Gammill,”…

The similarities are impossible to ignore,” he said of their closeness in age, the dates they went missing. “One person has been found and the other has not - that’s the big difference.”

Kayeleigh Gammill, 20, went missing on August 17, 2022, just weeks before Arelie vanished. Two weeks later, her body was found off Highway 1 in Big Sur.

This is the thread for Kayeleigh

ETA that this other article plus footage give another timeline:
  • Surveillance video of that morning shows how Arelie left her home at 5:30 a.m. Instead of her regular 7:30 morning departure and wasn’t dressed for work.
  • At about 6:56 a.m. - she messaged her sister Veronica saying “Good morning, I miss you & my baby, love you!” By 11:01 a.m. there was no response.
  • By then work had already called the family to see why she had not shown up. Her sisters wasted no time in trying to locate her car.
  • Her sister found Arelie’s car just past the Bixby Bridge. Arelie's keys were still in the ignition and her phone was also inside the vehcile.
  • After Arelie's car was found the Monterey County Sheriff’s Office sent their search and rescue team — they did an extensive search for 2 days but they found nothing.
  • Salinas Police Commander Brian Johnson says they haven’t found signs of foul play after processing Arelie’s car and phone.
However another article states that the driving seat was pushed back.

Last edited:
The official site

The satellite mapping system snapped a picture on Sep. 22, 2022 of 25-year-old Arelie Garcia’s customized red Honda abandoned along the California coast — just hours after she peeled out of her driveway for the last time.

1726479527301.jpeg

Investigators believe Garcia didn't drive her Honda there. The driver's seat was pushed too far back for Garcia's 5ft, 5in frame and the chassis wasn't lowered all the way to the ground like she always left it.

Police soon descended on the scene and spent two days scouring a four-mile radius with dogs, drones, helicopters, and on foot, but found no trace of her.

What they did find, was footage of her leaving the apartment wearing what looked like gym clothes, at least an hour than she would ever go to exercise before work.

She was wearing black leggings, a black hoodie, and sneakers with her hair pulled back into a bun.

Her family said they weren't what she usually wore to work and she definitely would have been sent home if she showed up in them.

Another video showed her stop at Carmel Highlands General Store at 7.30am, about a 20-minute drive from where her car was found.

Police believe from their investigations that she reached the spot at 7.50am to 8.45am, and the windows were too tinted to see if anyone else was inside.

Last edited:
Google street view 2022 image is still there, you can find it ca. 1 mile down marker 56 Little Sur River Bridge on Hwy 1 in Big Sur
Amazing coincidence. Unfortunately windows are blackened

If the car was found by one of her sisters and that sister’s husband by using the find my phone feature, wouldn’t that mean that either the carrier or phone manufacturer would have GPS info as to where the phone was located between when she left her mother’s @ 6:34 am and when she texted her sister @ 6:54 am,- and then between 6:54 am and when the car was possibly seen on cctv video?

Where exactly (or as close as is possible) was the phone located when the 6:54 am text was sent? In the moments immediately after that text, was the phone (and therefore the car) heading in the direction of Big Sur?

Also, I assume LE know if there was any other use of the phone (calls and texts anyway) after the 6:54am text.

Was there any use of an ATM card?

If she had a boyfriend, I’m sure LE has tried to determine where he was (phone, vehicle) between 6:34am and 7:30am (as well as after that). Was the car (specifically the driver’s seat area) checked for DNA of somebody unknown to AG?

Two years is a long time, but I’m sure the case is not cold. If the gps location info I mentioned above could only be obtained by lengthy search warrant processes with carriers and phone makers, LE may have only recently received some of that info. Same with DNA. I hope AG is found soon

All jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pecosita13
Back