Found Deceased CA - Ashley Manning, 27, Orange County, 16 Nov 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I found this article with really sweet background information on Ashley and thought I would share it.

Funeral Arrangements Scheduled For Former Somers HS Soccer Captain Ashley Manning, 29

Funeral arrangements have been scheduled for former Somers High School soccer standout Ashley Lynne Manning of Katonah who died earlier this month at age 29.

[...]

She attended Somers public schools and graduated from Somers High School in 2008. She attended Roanoke College and University of California–Irvine, where she received a full academic scholarship.

Ashley was an All-League and All-Section selection in soccer at Somers High School, where she was team captain as a senior and an honor roll student.

The quote from the police makes it sound like the UHaul was rented recently. Without knowing how decomposed the body was, it is hard to determine when she died - but I would presume recently because why and how would someone wrap up her body if she was dead since November?

Perhaps they were using the UHaul as a place to sleep in/hang out/sleep - and she was either murdered or she overdosed. If that happened, perhaps they wrapped up the body, put it in there - and were trying to decide where to dump it, but the UHaul company found the truck before they were able to do so.
Yes, I think her death was fairly recent. It didn’t say how long the U Haul had been rented for but it couldn’t have been more than a few days. If it was used as a hang out, a place to crash and get high, it is possible she overdosed in it and those with her had no clue what to do. Now, they’ll probably do hard time for murder, if they gave her drugs or sold them to her. JMHO

Yes, I think her death was fairly recent. It didn’t say how long the U Haul had been rented for but it couldn’t have been more than a few days. If it was used as a hang out, a place to crash and get high, it is possible she overdosed in it and those with her had no clue what to do. Now, they’ll probably do hard time for murder, if they gave her drugs or sold them to her. JMHO
In terms of recent it just doesn't seem to add up. From all accounts her sister and family did not hear from her once she left Dallas. If her death was more recent you would think she would have been in touch with family once she landed. I am thinking whoever picked her up may have had drugs and then she OD'd pretty quickly. Then whoever panicked and that's how her body ended up in the Uhaul. I just feel so bad for her family. All the time and effort and love raising a child and then she ends up in the back of a Uhaul like garbage. Just incredible. I think the US should identify all the poppy fields in the world and go spray a killing herbicide on them. The countries where poppies are grown have zero incentive to eradicate the problem and the people who grow and tend them have no morale compass other than to make $$$.

I think the US should identify all the poppy fields in the world and go spray a killing herbicide on them. The countries where poppies are grown have zero incentive to eradicate the problem and the people who grow and tend them have no morale compass other than to make $$$.

Beyond convoluted, as to why that hasn't happened, at least in Afghanistan. Plenty others, but one well written piece:
How the heroin trade explains the US-UK failure in Afghanistan

We'd probably get further ahead to pay Afghan farmers NOT to grow poppies. But then the Taliban would probably somehow get all the $$$ and then they take it and try and kill as many people as possible. How about some biologist come up with a virus or mutated bug that attacks poppies. Just seems drastic action is needed.

Her funeral was today at 10am. just so terrible.

We'd probably get further ahead to pay Afghan farmers NOT to grow poppies. But then the Taliban would probably somehow get all the $$$ and then they take it and try and kill as many people as possible. How about some biologist come up with a virus or mutated bug that attacks poppies. Just seems drastic action is needed.

Her funeral was today at 10am. just so terrible.

Because we'd have no morphine used for pallative/ end of life care etc?

I’m just gonna have to say this out of personal knowledge and can’t supply a link but it is a thing to rent a UHaul truck and so drugs out of it. My daughters ex boyfriend and his new wife had to move (evicted) so they rented two UHaul trucks. They were suppose to have the trucks for two days. After that time, they did not return them, they were living out of them in the parking lot of a motel.

Finally, a patrol car came by and arrested the two knuckleheads. They had been doing drugs in one of them the whole time.

Now, back to this case, someone could have rented the UHaul and there was a party in it. Ashley May have overdosed and her addict buddies, high could have panicked and not known what to do so they left her in the UHaul and ditched it. Not too smart on the part of who rented it.

I have a feeling that part of the case won’t take long at all. IMO, IME.
Hm. Makes sense, I guess. I'm surprised U Hauls don't have Lojacks but maybe people know how to pull them out. I learn something new every day. My neighbor actually has a U Haul that he seems to be in constant possession of and spends a lot of time hanging out in away from his awful wife (he used to just sit on his porch a lot). I assumed that he was using it to do Amazon deliveries or something like that until it had a flat tire for like a whole week and just sat there. It never occurred to me how easy it probably is to make one of those trucks disappear. We even have pretty aggressive code enforcement in this neighborhood but it's been there for the better part of a year now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho
Back