CA CA - Athena Lee, 4, & Mateo Lee, 2, mother found deceased, Sacramento, 8 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

mlhenn

Reaction score

According to Sacramento Police Department, officers responded to a medical aid call along the 3700 block of Didcot Circle just before 7:30 p.m. July 8.

Police found a woman inside the home, who was ultimately pronounced dead.

Detectives responded to investigate the death, but during the investigation, they were unable to find the woman's two children, four-year-old Athena Lee and two-year-old Mateo Lee, or the father, Cameron Lee.

A police spokesperson said the children were considered missing, but in regard to Lee, they are only trying to speak with him. They've been trying to get ahold of him in regard to the whereabouts of the children.

Thank you for posting this.

Photos of both children and their father available on this story: https://fox40.com/news/local-news/s...id-mothers-death-investigation-father-wanted/

Also a description of the father's vehicle:
SPD said they are in search for Cameron Lee regarding the whereabouts of the children. He may be driving a grey 2023 Honda Passport with a California license plate; 9JUS091. Anyone with information on Cameron Lee’s location is advised by police to call the Sacramento Police Department at (916) 808-5471 or Sacramento Valley Crime Stoppers at (916) 443-HELP (4357). Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.

A news release by the police department has the children labeled as "MP" for missing person. Cameron is not labeled as a missing person, but police have also not identified him as a suspect or person of interest.

Police also could not clarify if the children are in danger, or if an Amber Alert will be issued.

athena-lee-668e07b12d4f5.png mateo-lee-668e07dd36704.png cameron-lee-668e0802986e0.png 2023-honda-pilot-668e082d40ef1.png

A news release by the police department has the children labeled as "MP" for missing person. Cameron is not labeled as a missing person, but police have also not identified him as a suspect or person of interest.

Police also could not clarify if the children are in danger, or if an Amber Alert will be issued.

View attachment 516625 View attachment 516624 View attachment 516623 View attachment 516622
It seems the impression that police want to give currently is that there is no insinuation that Cameron has done anything wrong, it is just that he is the children’s father and thus most likely to be the one who knows where they are, since they weren’t with mom.

It definitely feels like more though, whether that is anything to do with Cameron or not.
Officers…went to a home…for a report of a medical aid call, police said. There, they found a woman inside believed to be dead.
Was it the decedent who called for medical aid?

It seems the impression that police want to give currently is that there is no insinuation that Cameron has done anything wrong, it is just that he is the children’s father and thus most likely to be the one who knows where they are, since they weren’t with mom.

It definitely feels like more though, whether that is anything to do with Cameron or not.

Oh yes, it definitely feels like more, I agree. I'd guess that LE doesn't want to spook him as their first priority is the safe recovery of the children.

It would be hard to say who called for medical aid with the little information we have.

Very sad situation. MOO

The Sacramento Police Department is searching for, from left, Camron Lee, Athena Lee and Mateo Lee after a woman was found dead Monday, July 9, 2024. The death of the woman, who has not been identified but was confirmed to be the mother of the children, is being investigated and authorities want to locate the children and talk to the father
1720636694856.jpeg

"The Sacramento County Coroner’s Office identified the mother as Angelica Marie Bravo, 28."
"
Investigators also have been unable to find the children and their father. Athena Lee, 4, and Mateo Lee, 2, are missing with their father, Camron Lee, 38. He was driving a gray 2023 Honda Passport. Police said they learned on Tuesday that the vehicle was spotted on U.S. Customs and Border Protection surveillance video driving south into Mexico."

JUL 10, 2024
[...]

The 2023 Honda Passport that police said was a loaner vehicle from a dealership was caught on camera crossing the border into Mexico. It is unclear if he and the kids were inside.

"It's really frustrating because that's what we thought from the beginning that he was probably heading to Mexico because we knew [Lee] had ties in Mexico," Bodea [Bravo's mother] said.

[...]

"I did know that they did have a tumultuous relationship in the past," Bodea said. "I know they are both passionate and stubborn people."

We are told the parent's relationship was rocky, but Bravo's family never imagined this.

"He was always very generous, took care of the kids and was always trying to do right," Bodea said.

[...]

A vigil has been organized for Wednesday night for a Sacramento mother who was found dead and whose children were reported missing along with their father earlier this week.

The Sacramento County Coroner identified the woman as Angelica Bravo. The vigil is set to happen at 8 p.m. at MIXED Institute of Cosmetology and Barber, near Florin Rd. and 65th St.

Yeah ok, let's go with that!

JUL 10, 2024
[...]

Angelica’s mother, DM, said Angelica and Camron were together for a long time but never married. She said Angelica recently moved to the Elk Grove area, but she would stop by the North Sacramento home where Lee lives to drop off the kids so they could spend time with their father.

“She used to live there, but she had moved out just a few months back and was trying to separate herself and kind of start a new life and make a better life for her kids,” Dawn said.

Dawn said one of Camron’s relatives was the person who called for the welfare check on Monday, after multiple family members, including Dawn, could not get a hold of Angelica or Camron.

“I tried calling him too, and it just went straight to voicemail, and that’s when I started, had just a bad feeling, and I started driving over there,” Dawn said.

[...]

I think we can all read between the lines of the facts that have been released so far and say that whatever this is, it doesn't look like some benign accident.

Given that, and given how many of Angelica's loved ones have spoken to the press, it is remarkable to me that it doesn't look like anyone is out there saying Angelica was the victim of a crime or that Camron has perpetrated a crime, or even really implying it much. The worst I've seen said (in the KCRA article) is that their relationship was sometimes "really bad". And that's with a high schooler and probable child (Angelica's oldest daughter) being interviewed.

I don't know what to make of that--journalistic discipline? legitimate care for Camron from Angelica's family?--if there is anything to make of it at all. But with the minimal info we have so far, the absence of that aspect really stands out to me.

JUL 10, 2024
[...]

The 2023 Honda Passport that police said was a loaner vehicle from a dealership was caught on camera crossing the border into Mexico. It is unclear if he and the kids were inside.

"It's really frustrating because that's what we thought from the beginning that he was probably heading to Mexico because we knew [Lee] had ties in Mexico," Bodea [Bravo's mother] said.

[...]

"I did know that they did have a tumultuous relationship in the past," Bodea said. "I know they are both passionate and stubborn people."

We are told the parent's relationship was rocky, but Bravo's family never imagined this.

"He was always very generous, took care of the kids and was always trying to do right," Bodea said.

[...]

A vigil has been organized for Wednesday night for a Sacramento mother who was found dead and whose children were reported missing along with their father earlier this week.

The Sacramento County Coroner identified the woman as Angelica Bravo. The vigil is set to happen at 8 p.m. at MIXED Institute of Cosmetology and Barber, near Florin Rd. and 65th St.

This is so sad. From this article, Angelica also has a 12-year-old daughter.

From the article:

We spoke with Bravo's little brother, sister and oldest daughter, who had a different father than her two younger siblings.

"She was an angel. She was just everything you could think of," said Gilbert Bravo, Amgelica's brother.

"No one could ever love me like she did or I could never love anyone like I did to my mom," said Nathalia Bravo, Angelica's 12-year-old daughter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3
Back