CA - Bakersfield 3: Disappearance of Baylee Despot & murders of James Kulstad & Micah Holsonbake #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The landfill I would imagine would be a possibility. We have tons of desert fields all over town, plus Death Valley isn't too far from us either. There's also some mountain areas nearby. The Kern river, also called the Killer Kern.

Does the Kern actually have a strong enough current, though? I saw the video with Baylee’s mom walking out into the river there and it just looked shallow and not very fast moving.

I guess I’m really asking - if one wanted to make a body disappear for good (aka BD), where would be the logical places? Sadly, I don’t think she’s alive, I hate to say. But bodies eventually turn up, im just surprised hers hasn’t yet.

I’m sure that whoever put the bag in the lake never expected it to be found, either.

Does the Kern actually have a strong enough current, though? I saw the video with Baylee’s mom walking out into the river there and it just looked shallow and not very fast moving.
The river is grossly underestimated. It gets low during the droughts and when there's not much snow melting from the mountains upstream but the current is unforgiving. People lose their lives every summer from swimming in it, even during the drought when the level was low. Even people who were avid swimmers. So, to answer your question, and in my humble opinion I would say yes, definitely.

No, it's actually got many places where the current is very fast. One of the reasons it's called the Killer Kern is because there are many areas where the water looks calm at the surface, but the current just underneath it is very swift. People who travel from out of town to camp or spend the day in the area often fall prey to it for that reason.

I’ve never been to Bakersfield myself, but didn’t picture it very rural just based on news stories and the like. Is there a desert area nearby? I think I’d opt for desert if it were me (it wasn’t though) because I’d think the animals would scatter bones and a body would decompose quickly in the direct sun.
There’s a lot of rural areas around Bakersfield as well as some suburbia. The weather has a hot desert climate and isn’t a desert but Death Valley isn’t far. As others have mentioned Kern river can be dangerous and people have died and been found in there.

I guess I’m really asking - if one wanted to make a body disappear for good (aka BD), where would be the logical places? Sadly, I don’t think she’s alive, I hate to say. But bodies eventually turn up, im just surprised hers hasn’t yet.

I’m sure that whoever put the bag in the lake never expected it to be found, either.
To reference other stories in the recent news here in town, bodies have been discovered buried in people's backyards. In thinking of places to conceal a body indefinitely I would estimate people's property would be a spot, there is also tons of construction and building so I imagine that would be a possibility as well.

Considering all of the individuals whose names and connections have come up, I would be very surprised if she's in Bakersfield or even anywhere nearby. These people have connections in many places across the country, and different places within the state. Seems to me they've also got plenty of connections to truckers, as well.

Are there easy access roads to the mountains or do you need an ATV?

I’ve always wondered about the leg and how it got in the lake, too. It sounded like it wasn’t in a bag (purposely hidden, I mean) - do you think it was put there by itself or carried off by animals who may have found the body in the wooded areas there? Sorry, not trying to be gruesome, just nagging questions in the back of my mind tonight...
You can drive to a lot of areas. The lake where the leg was found is really gross- it’s only a couple feet deep and so dirty- lots of people camp there and go boating there but it’s really dirty and not nice. I’m surprised a body part was found there, it’s not a place that has many hidden areas unless the were going to weigh the body down (but in that case there’s way bigger and deeper bodies of water that would make way more sense)

To reference other stories in the recent news here in town, bodies have been discovered buried in people's backyards. In thinking of places to conceal a body indefinitely I would estimate people's property would be a spot, there is also tons of construction and building so I imagine that would be a possibility as well.

I thought a lot about the oil fields in the beginning, too. Plenty of people connected to the drug world who work within the industry.

You can drive to a lot of areas. The lake where the leg was found is really gross- it’s only a couple feet deep and so dirty- lots of people camp there and go boating there but it’s really dirty and not nice. I’m surprised a body part was found there, it’s not a place that has many hidden areas unless the were going to weigh the body down (but in that case there’s way bigger and deeper bodies of water that would make way more sense)
And slimy! That lake has some ungodly slime dough on the bottom. So gross. I was surprised too to hear of the leg being found there because the area around that lake is so flat and quite populated during summer.

There has been an increase in human trafficking in Bakersfield and with BD sister mentioning several cars picking her up and returning with horror stories several days later...there’s always that possibility.

IMO Several cars meant more people to make sure BD actually got picked up and went to wherever she was pressured to go.

Was it in a bag, do you know? I can't remember if I ever heard that it was.

Did LE ever release any info regarding how long they estimate it's been there?

I believe it was found in a duffel bag?

The leg was not in a duffle bag; a little girl found it on the bank out in the open

Going back to BD and possible locations and taking into consideration the illegal operations surrounding all 3, and using the think like a criminal to catch a criminal mindset, I'm not convinced she's nearby. The people involved in these operations are driven by money. It would seem if BD was indeed pregnant, that she would be kept alive so the baby could be sold on the black market. I know it's a grim thought, but given that she hasn't turned up I think it's very possible.

So, I have a hypothetical question for all of you: if you were to dispose of or bury a body out there in the Bakersfield area, where would you do it?
Honestly the river...
that’s where I would do it so many people die in the kern river in the summer anyways.
Second choice
Fields / canals There everywhere around Bakersfield
There are honestly A LOT of places That could be listed.
I can think of places that are kind a hard to describe or put on a map
( Yes I know I sound crazy but I’m just being realistic)

Please look up deaths in the kern river and you’ll have a great idea of just how strong that current is... do you know how many people doubt that Kern River and come down here and get in it and end up losing their lives? It is so underestimated ... It’s not called killer for just any reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member