CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, Bullhead City, hiking wearing bikini in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, I agree.

Regardless of the reason for her being missing, the odds of her having survived this long are remote.

Honestly, the only way I can see her still being alive is if she went voluntarily missing.

Unfortunately, we haven't seen or heard anything that would support that theory.

JMO.
It really all hinges on a couple things IMO - if she was there in the desert then did she find shelter and water and is now weak? Or was she taken? If she was not there - then when and where was she last seen? There isn’t any MSM I can find about the days prior to the trip that I’ve found - why?

I'm packing it in for the night. I will be in a comfortable bed. I only wish that were the case for Barbara. I may make light in some comments, but I never lose sight that there is a terrible situation here.

We want you home safe Barb!!!

Is there any possibility that she was wearing something different ?
Tshirt, jeans,shorts,short-sleeved button-down shirt,cargo shorts .....

In another story, I think it was Mohave Valley Daily News; it said "bikini top". Which makes a lot more sense, in that case I assume she would be wearing shorts and hiking boots. Not a full out two piece bikini.

A few more thoughts based on personal experiences:

Some of you are questioning the husband "taking a photo" and how long that might take. I like to take photos, my partner does not. When I say, "I want to stop and take a photo," he rolls his eyes and keeps walking, because he knows that doesn't mean 1 photo, it will likely be several until I feel I've gotten the shot I want of the thing I wanted to take a photo of. And taking photos definitely pulls your attention out of the surrounding world. I've definitely stopped to take photos, while he kept walking, and by the time I'm done he's wayyyy down the trail ahead of me.

I was also reminded of a time I lost my partner for like 20 minutes in Mojave National Preserve, not that far from here on Black Canyon Rd. We had pulled over to check out a pretty cactus growing out of a rock that I wanted to photograph. My partner was walking west, towards a little rise in the land, and I went behind a rock to use the bathroom. It couldn't have been more than a minute, but when I came out he was gone. I walked up towards the rise and assumed that when I got a little higher I would see him out to the west somewhere, but when I got there it was just empty sagebrush stretching as far as I could see. I panicked -- how could he have gotten so far out of view in so short a time? I started calling his name, walked back to the car to see if he was there, nothing. Walked back to the rise, nothing. I kept pacing around, trying to think of what I would do (no cell service in most of the preserve, very seldom traffic on the road). My mind was racing to all these stories I read about people disappearing. It was only March, so the weather was nice, but he didn't have anything on him, no water, no phone, as we had just meant to go on a short walk. And he has a terrible sense of direction, so I wasn't sure he would be able to find his way back to the car if he got lost.

About that time, I happened to look south and noticed a figure in the far distance moving towards me. It was him. Apparently, he had noticed a cool looking rock formation about a quarter mile south of us and decided to check it out. He assumed I would figure out that that's where he had gone, but because I had seen him walking in a different direction first, I didn't even think to look or explore south. I directed my attention to the way I assumed he had gone, but if I hadn't, I might have seen him walking south at the beginning.

I can imagine a similar scenario here: husband continues on his path after taking photos, assuming his wife would have followed the same way back to their camper. He gets there, finds she's not there, and starts searching along the way he assumes she would have gone. But what if she saw something cool in another direction that she wanted to check out? Distances in the desert can be deceiving -- things can look closer than they are. Maybe she went in another direction towards a cool rock formation and got lost trying to find her way back. Maybe something else happened -- heat stroke, medical emergency of some kind -- that incapacitated her and left her outside of the area he expected her to be in. I understand why he wants to think it was an abduction, as at this point that would be the scenario in which she would most likely still be alive. But honestly, and sadly, I think it's more likely she got lost or incapacitated and is in the shade of a boulder somewhere nearby.

Oh my gosh! This must have been panic inducing!! At least it would’ve been for me. My husband and I go exploring in the desert often, and I’ve never thought about us getting separated before. This has been a real eye opener for sure!

Is there any possibility that she was wearing something different ?
Tshirt, jeans,shorts,short-sleeved button-down shirt,cargo shorts .....

Bringing this forward from a post @Knox early in the thread. I knew I previously read she was wearing shorts over her bikini. Unfortunately this is the only reference to that.

"She is 5'9, around 130 pounds with blond hair and green eyes. She was last seen wearing shorts, a black bikini top, red baseball cap, socks and hiking boots."

https://www.facebook.com/csmithraym...CnimGlKUUqzHVhE7EClnifNlw10mXuJyXa-BI&fref=nf

It really all hinges on a couple things IMO - if she was there in the desert then did she find shelter and water and is now weak? Or was she taken? If she was not there - then when and where was she last seen? There isn’t any MSM I can find about the days prior to the trip that I’ve found - why?

BBM:

I really want to know the timeline leading up to her disappearance, too.

What day did they leave their home for their trip?

Did they stop in any other cities or at any other camping sites on their way?

What was the specific route they took?

When & Where was the last independent sighting of BT?

BBM:

I really want to know the timeline leading up to her disappearance, too.

What day did they leave their home for their trip?

Did they stop in any other cities or at any other camping sites on their way?

What was the specific route they took?

When & Where was the last independent sighting of BT?
And we’ve heard nothing about any of this that I’ve found IMO

Bringing this forward from a post @Knox early in the thread. I knew I previously read she was wearing shorts over her bikini. Unfortunately this is the only reference to that.

"She is 5'9, around 130 pounds with blond hair and green eyes. She was last seen wearing shorts, a black bikini top, red baseball cap, socks and hiking boots."

https://www.facebook.com/csmithraymer?__tn__=,dC-R-R&eid=ARAgCMg65247ER3_mF_do7bpukE7IoiLLThNH-bvSxe0hD1OTOOfTiDGELc9RwxLxxGv0j81eil1AZrj&hc_ref=ARTDRViYSUg4gCzwed74liMrA6wwOACnimGlKUUqzHVhE7EClnifNlw10mXuJyXa-BI&fref=nf
I think there's a problem with that. The post says, "According to the San Bernardino County Sheriffs Office..." but that is not the description given by the SBCSO.

Every report including the Sheriff's office and RT himself says she was wearing a black bikini. I think this Facebook post is wrong.

July 17th - The search for Barbara Thomas, age 69, is continuing in the area of Kelbaker/ Hidden ... from SBSD - Colorado River Sheriffs Department : Nixle
Barbara was last seen wearing a black bikini, a red baseball cap and tan hiking boots with black socks.

I think there's a problem with that. The post says, "According to the San Bernardino County Sheriffs Office..." but that is not the description given by the SBCSO.

July 17th - The search for Barbara Thomas, age 69, is continuing in the area of Kelbaker/ Hidden ... from SBSD - Colorado River Sheriffs Department : Nixle
Barbara was last seen wearing a black bikini, a red baseball cap and tan hiking boots with black socks.

I wish we knew whether that picture of her in the red hat with that black bikini top and sunglasses is timestamped for the day she was reported missing or not.

What? :confused: Why would she be sitting outside their camper if the key was under the rock? Why no mention that he went and searched a cave? And, a failed polygraph... Hmmm.
<snipped by me> [...]
Exactly, one would think in the heat of the desert after a 2 mile hike, the first thing whomever got to the RV first would do would be to start up their vehicle and turn on the AC. Unless they were so used to 'roughing' it in the heat of the desert it wouldn't faze her to sit in the heat and wait for her husband to come from behind and get the keys before doing anything herself to cool off. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13