CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, Bullhead City, hiking wearing bikini in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Websleuths, @AlaskanPrincess. I'm using Google Maps to look at the area since I'm not local. I was suggesting the recreation area might be somewhere she may try to reach to gain access to water and call for help. Obviously, I don't know if she's familar with that area or knows how to get there - I just threw it out as a possibility. I think it's been too long now and I'm fearing the worst. I hope I'm wrong. :(

I wonder what brought them out to where they were to hike. There's so many places closer to where they live. I'm perplexed.
(sigh) There really has been very little information released. I grasp looking at maps trying to get feel for where they were ...and perhaps ideas about where she might be. But all these questions, speculation about her husband, arguments, etc. IMO doesn't seem to add anything meaningful ...but it does create a 'sensational' aspect to her disappearance. As for 'where she's headed'-- if she's LOST she's probably trying to get back to road, or to populated area.

Wouldn't you bee asking for a massive sun burn to hike in bikini. The sun alone would crisp you.
If she was indeed abducted, then didn't husband see a car coming, either way? I mean you could see it pass you?
I hope she has found some place to get some reprieve from the sun and heat and more important water.

This is my backyard (not literally). In Bullhead and Lake Havasu city with the river and lake being near us you see people all the time wearing nothing but bikini's. I'm always shocked when I see girls out riding in side by sides with just a bikini on, as this can't be comfortable. JMO

mojave.jpg

Bikini-Clad 69-Year-Old Woman Missing After Hiking in Mojave Desert Amid Heatwave

Links above state she decided to return to their trailer while he stayed behind to photograph something. She was 1/2 mile ahead and when he arrived back at the trailer she wasn't there. Any info on where their trailer is located? Were they camping offload or in a campground? Seems strange he was behind her, never passed her on the way back or noticed anything, and then she was not there at the destination. Strange not in a blaming way, but in a "where could she be" way.

Nothing new about the searches or anything - Where could she be?
Some campgrounds in the area. If she was headed back to their trailer, they were camping I guess. Hole in Wall shows photos of trailers and also hiking trails when you search area. Were they on a trail? Or just meandering trough the desert? No clue.
campgrounds in mojave desert

Would a cell phone work out in the desert?

How far away from their trailer had they hiked?

Were there more than one way to hike back to the trailer? If so, BT may have gone a different way than her husband.

On the other hand, with the searchers not finding her, it makes one question the highway they crossed. What happened at that point, did someone pick her up? Or is hubby telling a made up story?

She is a beautiful lady to be 69 years old.

I hope they find her, that's a pretty desolate looking area. The local recreation area web site says they're having a water shortage and ask people to bring in their own water when they visit.

I know someone who works on an SAR team in a desert area. They said if you ever get lost in a desert area where there's lots of sand, just turn around and follow your footprints back the way you came.

Too often, people panic and wander around in circles, etc. For SAR, once they find footprints they just follow them and find the (usually deceased) missing person at the end.

ETA: Of course, this wouldn't work as well in an area that is rocky, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member