CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, Bullhead City, hiking wearing bikini in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, that is just one interview. Have you listened to both?

At about 1:13 (first interview):
"My feeling is that she was picked up. Because she had to cross the highway. She was wearing a bikini and she had a beer in her hand."

At about 1:12 (second interview)
"I feel that, uh, somebody picked her up, uh, because she was wearing a bikini, she had a beer in her hand, and she was ahead of me and she had to cross that road."

So she's more likely to be abducted because she was wearing a bikini top, that's his logic?

I'm a big fan of William of Occam, myself. He puts Stranger Abduction and Voluntarily Missing at the bottom of the list in this particular case. He also thinks she knew that area well enough not to get lost, and seemed to know the way back to where their RV was parked. He needs to do more research regarding animals native to the desert, but finds an animal attack less likely than his two strongest candidates: Major Medical Event, and Foul Play at the hands of a person she knows well. IMHO and Occam's.

What about accident?

Yup! Absolutely.

That's why God made DNA.

Well, it's one of the reasons, anyway.

JMO.

You sure? I thought God made DNA for the purposes of the Maury show.

I'm finding it harder and harder to believe helicopters and other searches have turned up literally nothing, not even the slightest of leads. MOO.

This is too long for no sighting of BT out in that desert.
Has LE checked their house, trailer, and vehicles?
I know, LE is being pretty quiet, but there are neighbors around where they live that would be seeing activity if there is any.

I'm finding it harder and harder to believe helicopters and other searches have turned up literally nothing, not even the slightest of leads. MOO.

Haaaaaaa. Don’t forget polygraphs.

I’m not surprised they haven’t found any sign of her.

I don’t think she was there to begin with.

Why? They haven't found anything of Paul Miller. They haven't found anything of Bill Ewasko which has been a massive search. It took over a decade for SAR to find the Death Valley Germans.

Haaaaaaa. Don’t forget polygraphs.

I’m not surprised they haven’t found any sign of her.

I don’t think she was there to begin with.
The road this is taking is certainly suggestive of that.
We have heard someone spoke with her on Wednesday and that's the last know of anyone hearing from her, except the husband who shows deception on his lie detector test.

So she's more likely to be abducted because she was wearing a bikini top, that's his logic?
I sometimes have things pictured clearly in my head but when I try to put it into words, people become confused. I guess I think that others should "see" what I'm seeing. I use past, present and future situations
(unintentionally) to form scenarios but it makes no sense to those around me.

For example; he may be picturing in his head: here's this gorgeous woman walking alone in the desert wearing a bikini, and dang, she's a knock out. What person wouldn't want to stop and pick her up or take her forceably? And she was drinking a beer which may suggest that not only is she gorgeous, she likes to have fun too. Maybe he pictures them taking her to Vegas which is sin city to "have fun". Or because she's beautiful and has long legs and they'll force her into a dance revue.

It doesn't make sense but perhaps in his mind it does and he can't understand why it doesn't seem clear to others as well.

Humm, not sure that makes sense so sorry in advance.

I think the Vegas thing is strange. Why would he think someone took her to Vegas?
Why not just say that maybe someone kidnapped her?
Yes- this has shades of Roberta Snider going missing. Her husband claimed he was taking her one more time to see Elvis' home. He even drove there- thankfully, videos of him along the way and back showed that he was alone, that Bobbie was not on the trip. I always was suspicious of this- even the fake obituary! Turns out, he never put her deceased body in the river in Tennessee, but they have yet to find Roberta's body and probably never will.

I really really want to know when the last time Barbara was actually seen by anyone or heard from- her voice, not a text message or email. When?

Also, it took two years to find Geraldine Largay's body - and she was camped right off the Appalachian Trail, which is extremely popular.

You’re talking about a heavily forested area on the one hand, and a relatively open and accessible area on the other.

Barb’s not lost in the woods, and she was on a short walk, not a hike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState