CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if searches have been conducted in other locations or just in Mojave National Preserve? Do we know if personal electronic devices were taken by LE?
Honestly, we don't really know a whole lot of anything in regards to the investigation of their electronic devices or where searches took place (aside from that concentrated area.)

I am completely baffled by the lack of attention this lovely lady has received by way of organized searches done by family or friends.

In Christina Morris's case, the family held organized searches almost every single Saturday for 3 1/2 years and made sure people knew she was missing and needed to be found. Nobody forgot for a single moment that she was missing because her family needed to find her.

I hate that Barbara is still out there somewhere...and I hate it even more that nobody seems to be looking for her. :(

JMO

Honestly, we don't really know a whole lot of anything in regards to the investigation of their electronic devices or where searches took place (aside from that concentrated area.)

I am completely baffled by the lack of attention this lovely lady has received by way of organized searches done by family or friends.

In Christina Morris's case, the family held organized searches almost every single Saturday for 3 1/2 years and made sure people knew she was missing and needed to be found. Nobody forgot for a single moment that she was missing because her family needed to find her.

I hate that Barbara is still out there somewhere...and I hate it even more that nobody seems to be looking for her. :(

JMO
Perhaps RT was told not to say anything or do anything. Who knows.
Never heard anything else from her son, guessing he was too afraid of RT/Boogeyman/etc to even go out there.
No friends. No coworkers. Just nothing.
Praying for a clue or tip to find Barbara.

Holding out hope that she'll be found. Really. Not sure what is going on with her case -- SB County Sheriff's Office has been mum, and her family too.... Neverending support here! Where oh where are you Barbara?!!
What a terrific attitude. It definitely takes patience and durability to be a websleuther. I am confident Barb will eventually be found, similar to the Paul Miller case.

amateur opinion and speculation

No reward offered AFAIK.

No efforts to put up billboards or for flyer distribution AFAIK.

No missing page. (Although there are a couple of FB groups - started by strangers, IIRC.
)

That's actually pretty stunning.

The old saying, "No stone left unturned" would definitely not apply in describing RT's efforts to find his wife in this case.

In point of fact, it would appear to be far closer to the truth to say that there's been zero indication that a single rock was turned over by RT in his desperate non-existent search for the "love of his live."

JMO.

That's actually pretty stunning.

The old saying, "No stone left unturned" would definitely not apply in describing RT's efforts to find his wife in this case.

In point of fact, it would appear to be far closer to the truth to say that there's been zero indication that a single rock was turned over by RT in his desperate non-existent search for the "love of his live."

JMO.
Okay, but let's consider the possibility that he was told by the police to do nothing. Under which circumstances might that be? Would the police do that if they knew a person voluntarily left (I don't think this happened)? Would they just leave it hanging with the public, but tell the spouse? Anyone know of a precedent for this?

Okay, but let's consider the possibility that he was told by the police to do nothing. Under which circumstances might that be? Would the police do that if they knew a person voluntarily left (I don't think this happened)? Would they just leave it hanging with the public, but tell the spouse? Anyone know of a precedent for this?

Maybe she went into witness protection and RT didn't know at first. Jmo

I don't really believe this, but there's a scenario.

This so reminds me of Susan Jacobson’s case. She disappeared in the early morning hours with her car found in the parking lot of a Raley’s market out of camera shot. Her purse and credit cards were found spewn all over the parking lot.

Her family behaved much like this. No flyers, no public pleas for information from the family. They just went on with their lives as if she didn’t exist. Many Websleuthers who lived in her city said they wouldn’t have known about the case if it wasn’t for belonging here.

CA - CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #3

I’m sure RT is in emotional pain from the loss of the love of his life that he can’t move, he can’t think. IMSAO

This so reminds me of Susan Jacobson’s case. She disappeared in the early morning hours with her car found in the parking lot of a Raley’s market out of camera shot. Her purse and credit cards were found spewn all over the parking lot.

Her family behaved much like this. No flyers, no public pleas for information from the family. They just went on with their lives as if she didn’t exist. Many Websleuthers who lived in her city said they wouldn’t have known about the case if it wasn’t for belonging here.

CA - CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #3

I’m sure RT is in emotional pain from the loss of the love of his life that he can’t move, he can’t think. IMSAO
A thoughtful post, thank you.

We have no idea what is going on behind the scenes with the hubby or LE. Rather than believing Barb was wandering about lost, RT immediately stated (with conviction), that Barb had been snatched up by a passerby. His comments suggested he believed that her scant attire contributed to this hypothesis.

I am particularly taken by RT's conviction that this is what happened to Barb.
Here are some news articles of abductions that involve the Mojave Desert in one way or another. Not necessarily and apples to apples comparison, but interesting none the less. After looking at these articles, it's easy to see why RT would think his wife had been abducted. The Mojave Desert is known as a dumping grounds. A quote from the last article I post:

“If there were to be a cross everywhere someone dumped a body, the desert would look like Forest Lawn,” said Keith Bushey, a former San Bernardino County sheriff’s deputy chief and Los Angeles police commissioner.

And a graphic warning about the third article. It discusses a man's body part being cut off, so caution on that.

Woman found after being abducted, raped and 'left to die' in desert, police say - CNN

Human remains found in Mojave identified as San Gabriel Valley kidnapping victim

https://nypost.com/2018/01/04/man-who-kidnapped-pot-dispensary-owner-cut-off-his-penis-convicted/

Kidnapper Planned to Kill, Sheriff Says

High Desert known for body dumping – San Bernardino Sun

Amateur opinion and speculation

Amazing how the Mojave is more like a cemetery than a school playground filled with unsupervised children surrounded by pedophiles. More are left then are taken.

I have to think in his angst over not knowing where his beloved is, RT got confused as to where bodies are left and where people are abducted. It’s understandable.

And if wearing a bikini is a prerequisite for being kidnapped, then our beaches would either be empty or everyone would be wearing sackcloth, I would think.

I do hope he gets the closure he needs in this trying time. IMO

Last edited:
I think her son would have been told if she went into WP. And he has no idea where she is and is heartbroken.
That’s so sad her son is saying he has no idea where she is and is heartbroken.
(guessing it’s on his sm)

Thinking of her family in HK also, it’s been a while since her nephew was on here.

We need a clue, a tip, something to find her.

I've never heard of this happening but here's what I would say if LE told me I couldn't look for my missing loved one, "Up yours. I'll be moving heaven and earth." MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18