CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to open this thread but only if it does not get out of control. You all know the rules.

Briefly
For everyone, in a nutshell,
Don't be a jerk when you post.
Don't make a personal post directed at another poster that is negative
Don't accuse people who have never been mentioned in this case of committing a crime.
KEEP ON TOPIC.
Thank you.
Thank you

Last edited:
In light of other missing cases of recent weeks, I have to wonder if her remains will be found pretty close to where they were parked, in a previously searched area. JMO

I suspect she will be found nearby. It happens so often this way that it’s really the Occam’s Razor of these kinds of missing persons cases. The simplest explanation is that she walked further than the area searched, for whatever reason. That doesn’t take anything away from the diligent searchers. They did a great job!
JMO

I hope @dbdb11 and his family are doing OK, and RT as well. However this turns out, Barbara is still missing, and it’s a tough time.

I suspect she will be found nearby. It happens so often this way that it’s really the Occam’s Razor of these kinds of missing persons cases. The simplest explanation is that she walked further than the area searched, for whatever reason. That doesn’t take anything away from the diligent searchers. They did a great job!
JMO

I hope @dbdb11 and his family are doing OK, and RT as well. However this turns out, Barbara is still missing, and it’s a tough time.
I absolutely agree with this speculation. She is there, waiting to be brought home to rest.

Amateur opinion and speculation

In light of other missing cases of recent weeks, I have to wonder if her remains will be found pretty close to where they were parked, in a previously searched area. JMO
Since this reopened, and considering PM was finally found, I’ve had to rethink this case somewhat. If she decided not to go back to the RV after all but saw something of interest in a different direction, then fell and became disabled or fainted because of midday heat, and then got missed on the searches, she could still be out there, yet to be discovered. IMO

Since this reopened, and considering PM was finally found, I’ve had to rethink this case somewhat. If she decided not to go back to the RV after all but saw something of interest in a different direction, then fell and became disabled or fainted because of midday heat, and then got missed on the searches, she could still be out there, yet to be discovered. IMO
Think about the odds though. For that to have happened, she'd have had to: i)see something to spark her interest enough to prompt her to go in going a different direction; ii)make a decision not to tell her husband whom she was with, about her change in plan, even though she was experienced in the desert and would've realized she was not appropriately dressed or outfitted for mid-day conditions which she would know would pose an imminent risk to her safety; iii)fallen or somehow become incapacitated without making a noise; iv)become incapacitated in such a remote location that it was not obvious to her husband who was just behind her, where that occurred; v)be so hidden that K9s, drones, planes, searchers, husband, police, random interested people were not able to locate her within the timeframe in which she could possibly have stayed alive; vi)become incapacitated/deceased in such a remote location that her remains have failed to show up in the time since then via a random person just running across them, even though it's been.. almost half a year now.

For people who think on the basis of percentages of likelihoods, all of those things happening simultaneously would be highly unlikely, even though perhaps altogether possible. Nobody can really say if alien abduction could have been a factor either, since alien abductions can't really be proven not to exist, but the chances are infinitesimally small, nonetheless. imo.

Think about the odds though. For that to have happened, she'd have had to: i)see something to spark her interest enough to prompt her to go in going a different direction; ii)make a decision not to tell her husband whom she was with, about her change in plan, even though she was experienced in the desert and would've realized she was not appropriately dressed or outfitted for mid-day conditions which she would know would pose an imminent risk to her safety; iii)fallen or somehow become incapacitated without making a noise; iv)become incapacitated in such a remote location that it was not obvious to her husband who was just behind her, where that occurred; v)be so hidden that K9s, drones, planes, searchers, husband, police, random interested people were not able to locate her within the timeframe in which she could possibly have stayed alive; vi)become incapacitated/deceased in such a remote location that her remains have failed to show up in the time since then via a random person just running across them, even though it's been.. almost half a year now.

For people who think on the basis of percentages of likelihoods, all of those things happening simultaneously would be highly unlikely, even though perhaps altogether possible. Nobody can really say if alien abduction could have been a factor either, since alien abductions can't really be proven not to exist, but the chances are infinitesimally small, nonetheless. imo.

Points well taken. And yet all of this is pretty much the case with Paul Miller, whose remains were recently discovered thanks to viewing drone photos taken months ago. There was a lot of discussion on his threads about possible foul play, but in the end, it appears to have been an unfortunate combination of circumstances. One member who went and searched passed within yards of Paul’s remains.

CA - CA - Paul Miller, 51, Canadian, Joshua Tree Natl Park, San Bernardino Co., 13 Jul 2018 #3

I am so glad to see this thread opened again.

I do think that B.T.'s case has a different disappearance 'vibe' as we haven't seen or heard family or friends speaking as publicly as Paul Miller's family, as well as having a witness state they saw Paul on the trail led to much more credibility in his being in JTNP.

I really wish the media would help the family publicize Barb's disappearance, someone with the right resources may be willing to begin another search to help them out.

I do feel that B.T. will be found unexpectedly (out of the search area) and I encourage the family to attempt another search using drones (if possible)...as we have seen it work successfully. Utilizing any available resource at all would be a step in the right direction. This magnetic lady needs to be found!

It must have been a difficult holiday season for @dbdb11 and family not yet knowing what happened to Barbara. :(

My thoughts are with them.

All JMO

She was already dressed in what I would consider non hiking gear, so her attire would be irrelevant in this scenario. She was already ahead of her husband and if she thought he was 5 minutes behind her, I could see her not backtracking, especially if she saw an animal and wanted to get a closer look but the animal was on the move. What if she followed it?

Honestly, my scenario makes more sense then a vehicle picking her up and taking her to Las Vegas in a black bikini and a beer.
If she was close enough in my scenario if she fell for RaT to hear her call out, why wouldn’t she be close enough for RT to hear her cry out had she gone to the RV instead?
I’m trying to come up with ideas to keep the discussion here going, without getting it shut down by accusing people not named POIs in this case and my ideas are as good as anyone else’s. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member