Found Deceased CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Wonder Vally very far from where Barbara went missing ?
Excuse my ignorance. I did try to look it up on one of those sites but it just made me more confused.

Hopefully some poor family and friends will get their loved ones remains back no matter who it turns out to be.

Is Wonder Vally very far from where Barbara went missing ?
Excuse my ignorance. I did try to look it up on one of those sites but it just made me more confused.

Hopefully some poor family and friends will get their loved ones remains back no matter who it turns out to be.
think its a tad over 90 miles.

moo

Is 90 miles a distance that someone could walk out there in the conditions, heat, especially once they run out of water?

I know people do get lost, we have it regularly here in Australia in our outback places.

I think they just lose direction and sometimes walk around in circles and some are found within reach of help, if they just went over that hill they'd be at the fence of a property or a dirt road that does get one or two vehicles a day. So sad they were so close and didn't know it.

Is 90 miles a distance that someone could walk out there in the conditions, heat, especially once they run out of water?

I know people do get lost, we have it regularly here in Australia in our outback places.

I think they just lose direction and sometimes walk around in circles and some are found within reach of help, if they just went over that hill they'd be at the fence of a property or a dirt road that does get one or two vehicles a day. So sad they were so close and didn't know it.

IMO, if those remains end up being BT, then I concede to foul play. IMO, there's no way she traveled that distance on foot.

HUMAN REMAINS FOUND IN WONDER VALLEY

Apparently, there is at least one back road that connects Wonder Valley to the area of the Mojave Desert and Kelbaker Rd. where Barbara Thomas went missing.

??????

I think it's Amboy Road to Kelbaker Road. Does this sound right? This is just giving a general idea. Did not use exact locations.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200727-213449_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20200727-213449_Google.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20200727-213533_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200727-213533_Chrome.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 39
Erika went missing June 14th. In the desert heat, could her remains be skeletal by now?
I was wondering the same thing. The skeleton found in Wonder Valley is only 10 miles from 29 palms and I couldn't find any locals missing. The population is only about 650 -2013 census. I was also unable to find any more news reports.
Lots of native American history around the area, maybe the remains are historic. Moo.

Here's the map locations. You would take Kelbaker Road to National Trails Hwy, then jump on Amboy Road.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

All paved road until you reach Wilson. Looks like it runs on either side of Amboy Rd, with scattered houses on one side and wide open desert on the other. I'll bet the motorcycle rider was on the unimproved side of Amboy & Wilson.

No, 90 miles is almost 145 km. The Mojave is a hardcore desert, no way would someone survive that far without water or shade in little more than a bikini and shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VS2009