CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're fine. We're here trying to figure this out and sometimes the things that stand out to us need to be explored. I appreciate hearing about them. Makes me think.

I can understand what you meant. I will admit that I have to really work hard at not being cynical. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt in the end. Were the "hard eyes" (as I momentarily thought I saw) because of deception or because of his intense emotion of even having to answer such a question? It gets hard sometimes when we've seen some situations where the partner/spouse is guilty in the end.

Thanks. It’s a fine line to walk. I’ve always figured I’d rather wrongly think someone is innocent than wrongly think they’re guilty and I’ll try to stay on that side of the line and assume the best.

Thanks. It’s a fine line to walk. I’ve always figured I’d rather wrongly think someone is innocent than wrongly think they’re guilty and I’ll try to stay on that side of the line and assume the best.

You've always been a poster of integrity Lilibet, I'll attest to that :)

I guess we would have heard something if she had been found today right? I'm expecting them to call off the search soon, it's been 8 days :(

I try to take into consideration that he has been grilled for hours and hours while his wife is missing.
I think I would be a bit on edge, scared, worried, sad, confused even.
But he told us his results were deceptive and that gets me more than anything.

Sometimes LE will tell someone they failed a die detector even if they passed just so investigators can watch their reaction.

Can anyone think of a case where a POI admitted to the press that LE said he was being deceptive in the polygraph and he later turned out to have murdered the missing person? I can only think of cases where an innocent POI admitted LE told them that and later someone else was arrested and convicted. If he had harmed her, he wouldn't want to admit to the public that police told him he was deceptive in the polygraph. MOO.

I guess we would have heard something if she had been found today right? I'm expecting them to call off the search soon, it's been 8 days :(

Thanks Knox. You are too. We try. :)

Yes, I guess we won’t hear anything today. They’ve really poured a ton of effort into what is clearly a recovery effort in scorching heat, so I think they must have reason to believe she is there. It will be interesting to see how long they continue.

I did brief checks on my phone for any news updates today, and was so disappointed I saw none. I was expecting an LE announcement re: ending the search for Barbara, but surprised we haven't seen that yet, either.

Does anyone else get a strange feeling when RT is asked by Inside Edition if he did anything to his wife and he looked straight at the camera with cold, angry eyes (IMO) and said “Absolutely not.”? For some reason, it gave me the creeps. That kind of denial never seems truthful to me. Again, just my own feelings and I DON’T want to think he did anything to Barbara.

I no longer trust my own instincts to determine a persons guilt based on statements during the heat of the moment. I’ve eaten crow too often. Now I will say that IMO being a motormouth = nervousness. He offers a lot of details but few that offer actionable helpful info. He may just be kooky. He needs a lawyer and some friends and family support around him pronto.

Sometimes LE will tell someone they failed a die detector even if they passed just so investigators can watch their reaction.
This has not been my experience with polygraphs at all. And I've taken many as part of routine conditions for employment. LE has better uses of time than to engage in guessing games. Besides, the effectiveness of the poly resides in getting the examinee to truly believe in its effectiveness. So the tactic would be self-defeating

To me the most likely scenario has always been that she got off the trail and became disoriented and kept walking instead of staying in place. Sometimes it takes a long time to find people.

There are things about RT’s statements that I find odd, like she’s been taken because she was in a bikini and she’s probably in Vegas. However, if LE was questioning him for awhile about what he thought happened, he might have eventually come up with this and then repeated it to the press.

I do think there is a chance we aren’t getting the full picture. Maybe she got annoyed with him and stalked off. Maybe he took longer taking photos of the rocks than he thought. Maybe it took him longer to notice she was missing than he has portrayed. None of that makes him guilty of anything, but they might be things he would hold back. That also might explain why some people get a weird feeling from his statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member