CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One last question/thought for the moment regarding missing flyers etc. If they are available, I have missed them.
Have there been any made and are they being posted at key locations, such as rest stops, truck stops, restaurants etc?
If there is a chance this lady was picked up by someone then her picture and details need to be plastered everywhere possible. And everyone on that stretch of I40 and beyond should be reminded to check their memories for any possible clue relevant to location on 7-12-19.
Just saying, and imo.
Chi
eta i am a big believer in flyers and sm as well as msm

as per suggestion i followed kelbaker from above again.

three screenshots to share. the only S bend in the road... an area that looks like a pull off big enough to fit robbie and barbs camper, plus with extra space for an additional vehicle to pull off and have been in waiting... and a parking area, i assume is the parking area robbie asserted is visible fron the hill where barb took her panorama photo.

edit: attachments not working on phone, will follow up this comment from computer

FIND ATTACHED and definitely take a look on your own if you'd like.

They parked the camper on the pull off, just speculating here of course, hid truck/RV key under a rock they both would be able to find quite easily, they crossed over Kelbaker road (with a camera?, a gallon of water, at least one beer in a travel mug or coozie?, Barb in either bikini top or possibly bra? Robbie carrying a pack of some kind?), once on the other side of the road they proceeded to walk (NOT HIKE) approx 2 miles (exactly 2.2 miles according to Robbie's correspondence with us) towards a hill that could be seen from the parking area just ahead of where they pulled off the road.

Once on this hill Barb decided to take a panorama photo of their surroundings (which I assume includes Robbie in the panorama. If it is a 360 photo as Rob initially suggested they likely brought a 360 camera, and Barb and Robbie should both be in this image). Robbie claims the 360/panorama photo Barb took from this hill includes cars in the parking lot below, potentially even license plate numbers? and was very upset police were not looking into the owners of these cars as potential suspects (and were instead suspecting him, and seemingly ignoring his statements on the day she went missing). I assume if the cars were clearly visible in the picture, surely Rob and Barb would have been plainly visible to anyone in a car in the parking lot below the hill as well.

As they were on the way back from the hill, towards their RV, there was a rock formation Robbie implies they were both interested in. He stopped to take a photo of this rock formation and "asked Barb to stay with me," but she went on ahead anyway. Sounds quite stubborn of her. Perhaps they had some kind of disagreement? In any case, he says she wanted to get back to the RV.

This is where Barb rounds a corner, we can assume she rounds a boulder outcrop that puts her out of Robbie's sight. Robbie has never specified how long he spent taking photos of this rock formation, but he claimed to us that police have photos of Barb on the walk, that day, and that police have photos of the rock formation as well. Robbie and Barb have no known social media accounts where they share photos of their adventures with friends/family.

As Robbie made his way back to the RV he did not have any concerns. The RV was less than 1/4 mile (1000 ft) away from where he last saw her, he has claimed, and was never concerned about how far ahead she could have gotten, between him and the RV. He made his way back to the RV and was not immediately concerned that he didn't see her there. He was hot, he has told us, and poured some water on a towel and put it on his head. After a few minutes of her not turning up he began to grow concerned. He did not immediately look for any signs of tire tracks, or signs of abduction/kidnapping. He proceeded to shout and wave his arms, as well as backtrack to a cave they both knew was in the area. His thinking was, perhaps she went there to get out of the sun (between when she left him and the few minutes it took him to get back to the RV from the rock formation).

According to public records he called the police around 3pm?, and according to Robbie they arrived two hours after he called? On arrival the search and rescue crews destroyed any evidence of a potential crime scene, according to Robbie. If this account is accurate, what did Robbie do in those two hours?

Robbie served in Vietnam, and also has years of experience visiting the Mojave desert, including familiarity with Kelbaker's immediate geological features, and, I would assume, a keen sense for his surroundings. He didn't think to look for signs of abduction, or a struggle? He didn't follow up with the cars parked in the parking lot just down the road (but did check in a cave???)? He didn't look for signs of a struggle around the RV but concludes she must have been abducted? That abduction is the ONLY logical conclusion?

I think we are missing some vital information here and would like to hear a much more detailed account of what Robbie did between taking photos of the rock formation, returning to the RV, searching the area for Barb, calling police, and search and rescue finally arriving. I think our timeline of events could do with clarification.

FOR REFERENCE:
Walking speed 1000 meters or 1 kilometer per 10 minutes ( m/min – km/min ), converted to foot per 10 minutes equals 3280.84 feet per 10 minutes ( ft/min ).
According to the above generalisation Robbie was approx 3 plus MINUTES away from the RV.

I would like to include some further speculation for everyone to consider. Robbie drove across state lines to the only S on a quiet road, the first stage of an otherwise undefined camping trip. He hasn't told any of us anymore about what this trip entailed, or what they were initially planning. They pulled off the road in a place with enough room for other cars to pull off as well. They began their walk in the Mojave around/ or not long after HIGH NOON, in RECORD HEAT. This all happened on a Friday, a weekday, when many others who might otherwise be hiking and exploring the desert area, would have more likely been at work. Regular hikers familiar with the area, and other locals have expressed it would be foolish and naive to wander into the Mojave for a casual walk at this time of day (unless of course your plans required not being seen by anyone else).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-07-31-18-31-38-980_com.android.browser.png
    Screenshot_2019-07-31-18-31-38-980_com.android.browser.png
    545.1 KB · Views: 209
  • Screenshot_2019-07-31-18-32-25-450_com.android.browser.png
    Screenshot_2019-07-31-18-32-25-450_com.android.browser.png
    518.9 KB · Views: 217
  • Screenshot_2019-07-31-18-46-58-192_com.android.browser.png
    Screenshot_2019-07-31-18-46-58-192_com.android.browser.png
    652 KB · Views: 198
I stand by my appeal to robbies family, as well as welcoming information from both Robbie and Matt.
and i will continue to share info here, as in line with your TOS as i can be.

i hope to be 200% wrong, but have been digging deep. lets see if family can offer answers regarding robbies behavior in the past.

Prayers to you and your family. I can’t begin to know what you are going through right now. I do hope you get answers and closure soon.

@dbdb11 I am sure I missed this, but can you tell me how long they have been married?
If you don't want to answer, that's fine too.
TIA eta any indication how much either of them had been drinking?
Chi
I share info on the missing w/truckers and professional drivers on the road 24-7, and I40 being right there is important to me/trucks run constantly

@MsBetsy I may have missed someone answering your question. But just in case no one did, I believe she was last seen by “anyone other than her husband” around 8:15 that morning according to the VI, and relying only on my memory. I believe it was stated in the last thread.

Edit: I found the post answering the question “last seen leaving their home.” Was she seen after this time? I don’t know. But here is the beginning of the discussion of 8:15 am

CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #3

Last edited by a moderator:
The Google maps was very helpful. So they pulled off I40 to get to this location...seems odd if they were headed somewhere to spend the weekend. One of them planned that stop, I don't believe you can see that from the highway and say "ohh I want to see that." So who knew that specific location was there before they headed out that morning? JMO MOO

@dbdb11 , can you please clarify re: whether neighbors specifically told you they laid eyes on Barb that morning @ 8:15, or whether they stated they saw the RV leaving the house at 8:15?

Just want to confirm she herself was seen alive and well that morning by neighbors.

I do think she is in that desert.

I do not think she is in the area where RT indicated she went missing.

JMO.

Last edited:
The Google maps was very helpful. So they pulled off I40 to get to this location...seems odd if they were headed somewhere to spend the weekend. One of them planned that stop, I don't believe you can see that from the highway and say "ohh I want to see that." So who knew that specific location was there before they headed out that morning? JMO MOO
We've been told that they'd made many such trips, so there must have been plenty of occasions when they might say, "We'll stop there some time and go and have a closer look at that."

Last edited:
Google Earth: Kelbaker and Hidden Hill Rds.

Edits to add: the yellow line is 1 mile out.

Attachments

• FC2F1804-A034-4EEE-A153-51B33E90E8FC.jpeg
    FC2F1804-A034-4EEE-A153-51B33E90E8FC.jpeg
    306.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 373A85A8-4AAD-4359-87B1-A15C136DE520.jpeg
    373A85A8-4AAD-4359-87B1-A15C136DE520.jpeg
    408.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 97E6221E-9F01-4AC6-9C19-CF722032D95C.jpeg
    97E6221E-9F01-4AC6-9C19-CF722032D95C.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 99
  • E3141383-A41A-403B-8014-E32B985231C5.jpeg
    E3141383-A41A-403B-8014-E32B985231C5.jpeg
    230.7 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Our VI here has said LE confirmed to him BT did positively make it to the area

Our VI here has said LE confirmed to him BT did positively make it to the area.

In B Bolick's case, no independent corroboration of her being on the mountain.
BBM:

I must have completely missed that post...can someone please link to it, or @dbdb11, can you please confirm that LE told you that BT positively made it to the area they searched?

That would definitely be hugely important news, especially given the fact that LE publicly stated they found no evidence or trace of BT having been there.

TIA!

BBM:

I must have completely missed that post...can someone please link to it, or @dbdb11, can you please confirm that LE told you that BT positively made it to the area they searched?

That would definitely be hugely important news, especially given the fact that LE publicly stated they found no evidence or trace of BT having been there.

TIA!
Wish I could find it. Too many threads … In a discussion w/ xoxo I asked her why LE didn't ask to see neighbors' vid of BT and RT in the cul-de-sac leaving their home at 8:15a. dbdb jumped in to say LE told him they have certainty BT was at the scene so need to see the 8:15a vid. IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tad72