CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She sounds like a real hoot. Against the odds, I pray this gal turns up and has been on a grand adventure.

She really does...I'm half her age and it sounds like she could run circles around me. I've been hoping for a happy ending to her story, but as more time goes by, it gets harder to retain much optimism. I just wish something could be found to give even a little clue about where she is...she seems to have literally vanished into thin air.

Vehicles, homes, hotel rooms, real property etc are not routinely searched since probable cause is required in order to obtain a warrant. Illegally obtained evidence is inadmissible in court.
I'm shocked. Are you saying they wouldn't even have looked inside the RV? So she could have been in there all the time and they would let him drive away without checking? That would not happen here in the UK. Missing person = immediate routine search. Look in the bedroom, any clothes missing, that sort of thing etc.

I'm shocked. Are you saying they wouldn't even have looked inside the RV? So she could have been in there all the time and they would let him drive away without checking? That would not happen here in the UK. Missing person = immediate routine search. Look in the bedroom, any clothes missing, that sort of thing etc.
100% agree Cherwell. LE in the uk would always check a missing persons immediate environment. Assuming their family would agree. If they didnt alarm bells would ring!

She really does...I'm half her age and it sounds like she could run circles around me. I've been hoping for a happy ending to her story, but as more time goes by, it gets harder to retain much optimism. I just wish something could be found to give even a little clue about where she is...she seems to have literally vanished into thin air.

Yes, I very much haven't commented in any of these threads though have been watching closely. All I can say is when I grow up, I very much want to be Barbara! She sounds like a lovely person, and I do hope that even after this amount of time that she's safe.

Here’s a possible Interesting TWIST

If something had happened to BT in her Home, after she misses her flight the family would become concerned when she didn’t show up to visit her brother as planned. They would call RT and getting no answers then call LE to report BT missing, BUT the family WOULD NOT be able to report BT missing BECAUSE RT beat them to it by ALREADY REPORTING BT MISSING IN THE DESERT!

That would also account for RTs high intelligence plus the Bikini and Beer to draw attention to SHE WAS REPORTED MISSING in the DESERT!

Last edited:
Here’s a possible interesting TWIST

If something had happened to BT in her home and she missed her flight the family would become concerned when she didn’t show up to visit her brother as planned. They would call RT and getting no answers then call LE to report BT missing, BUT the family WOULD NOT be able to report BT missing BECAUSE RT beat them to it by ALREADY REPORTING BT MISSING IN THE DESERT!

That would also account for RTs intelligence plus the Bikini and Beer to draw attention to SHE WAS REPORTED MISSING in the DESERT!

Very interesting thoughts!

Has anyone reported seeing Barbara after leaving the home? It seems like someone seeing a 69 year old woman in a bikini and hiking boots would remember. Did anyone besides RT actually see her in the truck, at a gas station, restaurant, convenience store or on the trail?

With her picture in the news you would think someone would recognize her if they did see her.

RT’s story just doesn’t have the ring of truth to me. My own opinion.

Words fail me now. :eek:
In every case that I can think of, LE DID search the home, or the last place there was a sighting.

I would be very surprised if they didn't do a quick cursory look in the trailer. You have 'probable cause' in the fact that you were called to do a wellness check. Someone has been reported missing, so you check where they are supposed to be.

Now they couldn't do thorough forensics, like with luminol, etc. Or look at the phones or laptops, or the GPS in the vehicle.

But they could look for a person, alive or dead, to rule out an accident or an illness.

In every case that I can think of, LE DID search the home, or the last place there was a sighting.

I would be very surprised if they didn't do a quick cursory look in the trailer. You have 'probable cause' in the fact that you were called to do a wellness check. Someone has been reported missing, so you check where they are supposed to be.

Now they couldn't do thorough forensics, like with luminol, etc. Or look at the phones or laptops, or the GPS in the vehicle.

But they could look for a person, alive or dead, to rule out an accident or an illness.
I sincerely hope that's the case.

It seems like the immediate family is often the catalyst to keep media engaged.

When LE is not releasing any evidence at all, and the immediate family is not out being interviewed in the media, asking for the public's help, it turns into *crickets, fast.
Not only is LE not releasing any evidence, they aren't reaching out to the public for help. At this point in their investigation, IMO they don't need the public's help. I think they know a lot that we don't know.

Although RT referred to the 5th Wheel as an RV, Barbara would have been riding in the truck cab instead of the trailer. So it seems that someone would have noticed her if they stopped for gas, drinks, food. Or a camera would have picked her up at some point to verify she was actually in the vehicle.

And yes, I do know that it is legal to ride in a 5 th Wheel trailer while traveling, but why would she not be riding in the truck?

I forgot about a neighbor saying they seen BT that morning BUT did they actually see BT or someone they automatically assumed was BT?

Here’s a possible Interesting TWIST

If something had happened to BT in her Home, after she misses her flight the family would become concerned when she didn’t show up to visit her brother as planned. They would call RT and getting no answers then call LE to report BT missing, BUT the family WOULD NOT be able to report BT missing BECAUSE RT beat them to it by ALREADY REPORTING BT MISSING IN THE DESERT!

That would also account for RTs high intelligence plus the Bikini and Beer to draw attention to SHE WAS REPORTED MISSING in the DESERT!

VI has said she had no phone. That when she visited Hong Kong in May, his mother (Barbara's SiL) loaned Barbara a phone and taught her to use it. He said she ultimately "jived with" the phone but did not have one.

Dogs can track out there, but we never heard from the SAR team that they were onto anything. They were posting videos of the dogs, but none of them seemed to catch a scent. If the dogs had caught a scent, I think that would be mentioned in the daily bulletins from SBCS instead of saying "no signs of Barbara."

BBM

That is what is making me think Barbara may not have been out there. Dogs are not infallible, but it's odd they didn't hit on anything. MOO

Although RT referred to the 5th Wheel as an RV, Barbara would have been riding in the truck cab instead of the trailer. So it seems that someone would have noticed her if they stopped for gas, drinks, food. Or a camera would have picked her up at some point to verify she was actually in the vehicle.

And yes, I do know that it is legal to ride in a 5 th Wheel trailer while traveling, but why would she not be riding in the truck?
Did anyone suggest that she wasn't?

A flip-flop or a beer cup would not be considered evidence she was there IMO.
I don't see why not. Unless there was some reason to believe someone else had put it there. But that wouldn't have stopped them from following through with the idea that she had been there or was still out there somewhere.
I highly doubt their first thought would have been that someone else put it there, especially since it would have supported Robert's story. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member