CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could be like some on WS and always thinking positively of everyone. Giving everyone the benefit of the doubt.

But as for me and my hinky meter, we’ve just been through too much together.

Always wishing for the best but fearing the worst. My hinky meter has a pretty good track record, unfortunately.
My hinky meter is pegged in this case as well. But if my mother was on WS, she'd be arguing for the benefit of the doubt. Everyone's entitled to their opinions and theories. At this point, I just want to help find BT. MOO

My hinky meter is pegged in this case as well. But if my mother was on WS, she'd be arguing for the benefit of the doubt. Everyone's entitled to their opinions and theories. At this point, I just want to help find BT. MOO
Kapua, your posts are always well researched, thought through, and fair. I appreciate your posts.

My greatest concern in this case is that we may never know BT's fate. My colleague that lived in Bullhead painted a grim picture. Let's hope this will be an exception. : (

Amateur opinion and speculation

My hinky meter has a pretty good track record, unfortunately.
Respectfully snipped for commentary focus. My hinky meter is right about 80% of the time. But when I'm wrong, it's usually 100% wrong....so wrong. And usually when I am *positive* I'm right! When people have looked sooooo guilty! So I just never dig in on a theory anymore. I keep an open mind until it plays out.

Amateur opinion and speculation

There have to be photo proof of Barbara being there that day:

If you want to take a picture of a cruiseschip, you'd have to be on a distance, you do not want to snap a picture of the bottom of the ship, if it is impressive you want it as a whole, which means that anyone walking in between you and the ship are also on the pictures you made.

When Robert made these pictures of an impressive rock formation he must have taken those from a distance too, and Barbara who was walking ahead of him (till she went around the corner) therefor must have been walking in between him and the rockformation, hereby being in his camera vision and in his pictures.

There have to be photo proof of Barbara being there that day:

If you want to take a picture of a cruiseschip, you'd have to be on a distance, you do not want to snap a picture of the bottom of the ship, if it is impressive you want it as a whole, which means that anyone walking in between you and the ship are also on the pictures you made.

When Robert made these pictures of an impressive rock formation he must have taken those from a distance too, and Barbara who was walking ahead of him (till she went around the corner) therefor must have been walking in between him and the rockformation, hereby being in his camera vision and in his pictures.
Ya think that's why LE kept searching?!

I wish I could be like some on WS and always thinking positively of everyone. Giving everyone the benefit of the doubt.

But as for me and my hinky meter, we’ve just been through too much together.

Always wishing for the best but fearing the worst. My hinky meter has a pretty good track record, unfortunately.

From a longtime fence-sitter, I would suggest that it is perhaps not always thinking positively of people, but simply seeing the evidence as supporting more than one scenario and not being able to conclude that there is only one possibility. Speaking only for myself, I agree that the facts we know may strongly indicate a particular scenario, but for some of those facts there could be what I would consider reasonable explanations. I also cannot discount that there are facts we don't know as well. Essentially, the limited information we have isn't enough for me, but I recognize it's more than enough for others, and I'm okay with that.

As a general aside (meaning not directed at anyone), I've hesitated to post in Barbara's thread over the last couple of weeks because of at-times dogmatic and/or mocking deconstruction of posts or theories that the replying poster might disagree with, and I thank the mods for working so hard to deal with that. I don't imagine that any of us show up here looking for a fight or to be snarked at for our participation, but rather because we hope to be part of the solution to Barbara's disappearance and ease the suffering of her loved ones. Please let's continue to discuss and disagree in a courteous, productive way.

My goal is to always contribute thoughtfully and with respect for the time and efforts of my fellow sleuths, because I appreciate that you're willing to invest both for someone you've never met. No matter what your theory is in this case, thank you for being here for Barbara.

Just speculation, but I would think someone relevant to this case will be giving a television interview in the very near future. Maybe tonight at 5pm, who knows? Indiana time. wlfi channel 18. Home
Hard to say, I just follow the news alot.
jmo
Chi
So, this "speculation" is based on ... nothing? I'm at a loss to make sense of it. Please help me out here.

@PommyMommy , what about Tomnod? Anyone familiar with them? Tomnod - Wikipedia
Tomnod

As I understand it, they take aerial photos of an area of concern and then post them online so the public can help scan areas looking for any relevant detail. Online searchers mark which areas show something of interest, which can then be investigated more closely.

ETA: Apparently Tomnod is in the process of switching to some new but similar searching methods. Posting this anyway in case it gives anyone better ideas.
Wow, Tomnod retired just 4 days ago, Aug 1. I messaged Maxar and will let you know if I get a reply. Thank you! MOO
This was such a great idea, but it looks like it would be outrageously expensive. Under their Market tab, they have listed: U.S. Government, International Defense & Development, Global Development, Telecommunications, etc.

They said there is imagery available for purchase, and referred me to both sales and customer service. I started completing a form that gave me budget options beginning at "Under $15,000" to "Over 250,000". o_O I didn't finish the form. MOO

DigitalGlobe | Leader in satellite imagery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member