CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'm just trying to figure out why it is significant. Is it the time that is important or that two people had conflicting statements about her mood or just that they left the dog there?

In regard to the source I meant the source that said the people in the kennel were the two that made the comments about her mood as opposed to someone else like a neighbor.

The thing that stood out was that Barbara dropped of the dog on her own, while she usually always is in the company of Robert no matter where she went.
No idea where that info originates BTW, but seems to be general knowledge.

The thing that stood out was that Barbara dropped of the dog on her own, while she usually always is in the company of Robert no matter where she went.
No idea where that info originates BTW, but seems to be general knowledge.
She probably ran in alone with RT waiting in the truck, but then the neighbors saw them leave in the truck 5 minutes later. This is confusing.

The niece should get verified so she can post her insights here.
Otherwise, if she or any other family members or friends want to help us understand better, then they should do the same imo.
Those of us, like me, with no inside info can only speculate.
Chi

Can I make a suggestion? How about we all take a breath and go back and read the VI’s posts and all of us get on the same page. :)
That's exactly what I did. They only referred to the sources but did not indicate which was which. It was other posts that indicated both sources were from the kennel.
Anyway I will just assume one was a neighbor and the other was from the kennel since whoever said it seemed sure.
It probably makes no difference anyway. Two different people apparently saw her at different times so that might explain the different descriptions in her mood.
Although I am curious if the person at the kennel said she seemed her normal self and then when she was home with Robert she was agitated. Imo

Otherwise, if she or any other family members or friends want to help us understand better, then they should do the same imo.
Chi
She was posting here earlier on. I think she was in the process of getting verified but then the thread closures happened and she hasn't been back afaik.

Chi
I wonder if they were told by LE not to discuss the case, especially if they know something. Or were told by the lawyer. Imo

One last question/observation about the dog(s) pictures:

If the photograph with the dog in the snow was taken outside their current residence, then we might be able to date that image.

I scanned the weather records and see that snow accumulation is incredibly rare in Bullhead City; there's only one significant snowfall reported on Dec. 31, 2014 and it seems to have been quite the surprise for locals...which could account for the Thomas's snapshot.

Weather history falls from sky: BHC/Laughlin sees first measurable snowfall in records dating to 1977

---
Edit: This snow date conflicts with the rough dating that the VI provided when he labeled the photo sets (he ends this set at 2009). The set annotated with "Lexi" is undated and could be more recent.

Last edited:
Just to clear this up, it was Robert's niece who referred to the dog as a "puppy" but I wouldn't take it literally as some people tend to call all dogs 'pup' or 'puppy'. It's probably a young dog who was a puppy not so long ago! Puppies grow up very quickly.

This is an excellent theory! (And I’ve been known to say that, too.)

One last question/observation about the dog(s) pictures:

If the photograph with the dog in the snow was taken outside their current residence, then we might be able to date that image.

I scanned the weather records and see that snow accumulation is incredibly rare in Bullhead City; there's only one significant snowfall reported on Dec. 31, 2014 and it seems to have been quite the surprise for locals...which could account for the Thomas's snapshot.

Weather history falls from sky: BHC/Laughlin sees first measurable snowfall in records dating to 1977

---
Edit: This snow date conflicts with the rough dating that the VI provided when he labeled the photo sets (he ends this set at 2009). The set annotated with "Lexi" is undated and could be more recent.
It wasn't taken at the Bullhead City home, IMO. I'd say Henderson NV. :)

It wasn't taken at the Bullhead City home, IMO. :)

Then perhaps case closed on the collie caper? In any case, both dogs are gorgeous and look wonderfully cared for. Hopefully Lexi will stand out in locals' minds to get a sense of Barbara's activities (walks, grooming, pet store visits, etc.) prior to their trip.

The loss of an owner is also impactful for pets; I can only hope that Robert and Lexi are providing each other at least some small semblance of comfort during this incredibly difficult time.

Set 2 is roughly 2002 - 2009
Set 3 is 2014 - 2017
Set 4 includes wedding Nov 2006
Set 5 with dog Lexi?
Set 6 is 2017? and 2018

Most of these pictures are from post cards and hallmark notes she sent to my dad and his wife.
Please help us find BARB! She is an awesome lady!

Lexi looks like a tri-color collie; the collie from 2009 looks like a sable coat. Both are beautiful dogs; neither are puppies

Thank you PommyMommy; I just bumped all the photos. Along with dbdb11’s descriptions and dates

barbset2-2002-2009-jpg.197195

Image source @dbdb11
  • I'm pretty sure Lexi is a "she."
  • Lexi is pictured in photos dating back many years.
  • Therefore, Lexi is not a new puppy.
MOO

ETA: Welcome to Websleuths, @canteloupe! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme