Resolved CA - Barstow, WhtFem Adult, Found inside a tent at transient camp, Medium length brown hair, Past neck surgery, May'22 - namus removed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So no piercings (ears f.i.), jewelry or tattoos? It's notable.

Submit! That could definitely be a match
Ashley Ann Williams disappeared in Sept. 2017 from Chula Vista, CA about 3 hours away from where UID was found. She was born in 1994 making her not quite 27 in May 2022.
So ,yeah ! The cartoon hair style matching up to Ashley! Great find Caring1

[rsbm]

If our Doe had an easier time of things finding a surgeon, she was lucky, because the disability boards my partner frequents are full of stories just like hers. I don't know how she even would have accessed this surgery if she didn't have a good job and insurance in the US. We are lucky that we have a form (imperfect as it is) of universal healthcare and my partner was able to get surgery on the public system, or she would never have been able to get it. So I think a drastic change of circumstances happened for this Doe. I don't think she was always poor, I don't think she was a teen runaway, or a survival sex worker. Or if she was the latter, it came later. Unless someone in the US knows of a clinic or a fund giving these surgeries to people with no resources, she came from a significantly higher band of wealth than she was found in.
Many homeless people in the US are mentally and/or physically disabled. If she were so severely disabled that she may have once resided at a group home, she would have been able to receive Medicare (our government-funded disability/old age health insurance) and may have gotten the surgery through that. It all depends on what the underlying problem is, though. Cervical fusion is rare for EDS patients here (going off the experiences I've read about) and only a few doctors across the country will even perform the operation. That means a patient would probably have to pay out-of-pocket for cervical fusion for EDS-related spinal instability. On the flip side, cervical fusion for spinal injury is fairly common and would definitely be covered by Medicare.

Many homeless people in the US are mentally and/or physically disabled. If she were so severely disabled that she may have once resided at a group home, she would have been able to receive Medicare (our government-funded disability/old age health insurance) and may have gotten the surgery through that. It all depends on what the underlying problem is, though. Cervical fusion is rare for EDS patients here (going off the experiences I've read about) and only a few doctors across the country will even perform the operation. That means a patient would probably have to pay out-of-pocket for cervical fusion for EDS-related spinal instability. On the flip side, cervical fusion for spinal injury is fairly common and would definitely be covered by Medicare.
Thank you! This is exactly the kind of thing I wasn't sure about. So it is potentially possible she was destitute and qualified for surgery through Medicare. Good to know.

(My partner's surgery wasn't technically for spine stabilisation. She had a severely herniated disc that was pressing on her spinal cord. However, the severe herniation was caused by her spine being too mobile, and when the herniated disc was removed, the plate and screws array the surgeon ended up putting in was more substantial than he'd planned pre-surgery because of how hypermobile her neck vertebrae were. I've heard of spine stabilisation surgeries, seen scans, and they're often very complicated, involving rods or cages over multiple vertebrae, sometimes the whole C section of the spine. That's not what my partner had. What she had was probably very similar to the Doe, because of the description of the plate on Namus.) :)

The San Bernardino Sheriff's Office now lists her as Dawn M. Remington of Wichita. I can't directly link the search result, but if you go here:

and search for "Dawn" in the 2022 results her name comes up.

The San Bernardino Sheriff's Office now lists her as Dawn M. Remington of Wichita. I can't directly link the search result, but if you go here:

and search for "Dawn" in the 2022 results her name comes up.
Could this be her?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EVH