Found Deceased CA - Beau Mann, 39, Tech CEO, texted “911” after leaving store, Studio City, 30 Nov 2021 *found deceased 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another article—lifted up the mat?! Hmm…

“His fiancé, Jason Abate, spoke with Eyewitness News on Wednesday and said a homeless man was the one who made the discovery. He said Mann's body was found under a mat.”

“He said, 'I lifted up the mat, and I saw him. I saw the skeleton there with the clothes on,'" recalled Abate. "He went for help and a neighbor came over and called the police."

“His fiancé, Jason Abate, spoke with Eyewitness News on Wednesday and said a homeless man was the one who made the discovery. He said Mann's body was found under a mat.”

“He said, 'I lifted up the mat, and I saw him. I saw the skeleton there with the clothes on,'" recalled Abate. "He went for help and a neighbor came over and called the police."

That would make sense as to why he wasn't found earlier and also why it is now being considered a possible homicide. I'll admit I've been leaning towards relapse/OD but how likely is it that you would put yourself under a mat?

Aww man, I knew it was unlikely he would turn up safe and well, but am gutted to learn of this outcome.

My condolences to his loved ones and friends.

R.I.P. Beau and thank you for everything you've done to help people like you and me!

Can someone please PM the name of the person who lived at the address where Beau was dropped off? I was able to find that info with the address a while ago but I can't anymore. TIA.

There has to be someway to stop drugs like Fentanyl and all the others from getting onto the streets. Wasted lives. We need illicit drug control in this country, something needs to be done. If the drugs were not readily available so many lives would be saved.

They've been trying to stop drugs from getting on the streets since the 1970s. War on drugs is a failure. They will never get drugs off the street or out of this country. JMO

Can someone please PM the name of the person who lived at the address where Beau was dropped off? I was able to find that info with the address a while ago but I can't anymore. TIA.

DBM- Will pm

That would make sense as to why he wasn't found earlier and also why it is now being considered a possible homicide. I'll admit I've been leaning towards relapse/OD but how likely is it that you would put yourself under a mat?

I found it odd that LE initially stated no foul play was suspected, if someone had intentionally hidden his body.

Not that I assume there was foul play involved, but it seemed like a hasty thing to say . . . I imagine that a body would be in a pretty advanced state after a year and a half to determine anything so quickly.

(Side question: How will an autopsy/tox report be affected by this point?)

So now with a body, LE can treat it as a possible homicide and focus resources on checking nearby cameras, etc . . .

Authorities plan to speak with the Uber driver, who hasn’t been deemed a suspect in the case, said Aklufi.”

Missing Tech CEO’s Remains Found 17 Months After He Texted 911 From Uber

I found it odd that LE initially stated no foul play was suspected, if someone had intentionally hidden his body.

Not that I assume there was foul play involved, but it seemed like a hasty thing to say . . . I imagine that a body would be in a pretty advanced state after a year and a half to determine anything so quickly.

(Side question: How will an autopsy/tox report be affected by this point?)

So now with a body, LE can treat it as a possible homicide and focus resources on checking nearby cameras, etc . . .

Authorities plan to speak with the Uber driver, who hasn’t been deemed a suspect in the case, said Aklufi.”

Missing Tech CEO’s Remains Found 17 Months After He Texted 911 From Uber
itw possible he was deceased and the unhoused ppl who occupy the area covered it to hopefully lessen the odor. and i can also see them not talking to police, or them actually calling it in and it not being taken serious. im really curious to see what the investigation uncovers.

May 10, 2023 update

[…]

The map above shows locations where Mann is thought to have been in the last hours before he disappeared. The 39-year-old man was founder and CEO of Sober Grid, an app providing resources to people in recovery from addiction.

[…]

They also told us that people working in the office building had reported an extremely foul smell for many months. It sounds like no one ever followed up. The ball was dropped on this from the very beginning. Beau deserves justice and a proper investigation. The homeless man, Fred, who discovered Beau’s skeleton also said that the coroner only collected Beau’s skeleton and the mat and nothing else. There was garbage and debris all over. Additionally, they said while it was removed recently, a couch and lots of garbage was piled up on the couch which could have been blocking any view of Beau. Fred also told my PI that a homeless woman was living within just an arms length away from where Beau was found (in that pink shed) and suddenly left several months ago and left all of her stuff there. The locals know her and said they know where she is living although, still homeless now not far away. Apparently, she suffers from issues and does not speak English well. We’re hoping to connect with her.

Aww man, I knew it was unlikely he would turn up safe and well, but am gutted to learn of this outcome.

My condolences to his loved ones and friends.

R.I.P. Beau and thank you for everything you've done to help people like you and me!
Thank you for posting this! You can also see that the two-story building on the right is also boarded up, even in March 2019, so that's even more of an area void of residents, and thereby, of potential witnesses.

Even if passers-by smelled something decaying, I can unfortunately see how they may not have called it in, thinking it was some animal that probably wandered in there looking for food and died.
We were told by locals that they were calling in a foul smell for months and nothing was being done.

I think that's very unlikely that he happened to stumble into one of the very few abandoned buildings in that area.

What were the chances?

Nope, I can't see it happening.

Unless he knew it was abandoned before he potentially OD'd, but then, why would he?

Beau didn't seem like the kind to go nosing around back alleys and side street's looking for safe places to doss down and use.

JMO.
I would be shocked if Beau wondered in that area. I could not imagine him going in that area voluntarily.

The fact that he called 911 and then disappeared AND then upon finding his body AND then saying suicide is astoundingly stupid.

There’s something very odd here in my opinion. If he was in an Uber when he TEXTED 911 (we don’t have that here so if it’s an auto thing, then may have been an accident.) then that driver should have been questioned hard. There just seems to be so clues to follow. JMO

According to one of the articles that was just posted, the 911 text was sent at 2:19pm and is believed to have been sent in the vicinity of the 101 near Laurel Canyon Boulevard. If the location of the text is accurate, that is still really close to the 7-11 in Studio City; and depending on the traffic in mid-afternoon, anything from 20 minutes to an hour away from Beau's destination. Do we know exactly what time it was when Beau was dropped off at Berkeley Street?

I believe it was mentioned that Beau's belongings may have fallen out of his backpack when he was in the 7-11. If I'm remembering that correctly, and if it's true that the 911 text was a pre-written Uber alert that appeared to be have been partially deleted, I do think it's possible that Beau could have accidentally triggered the alert whilst trying to tidy his backpack.

But if the 911 text was sent accidentally, and doesn't mean anything, I'm not sure if that answers or raises more questions.

The fact that he called 911 and then disappeared AND then upon finding his body AND then saying suicide is astoundingly stupid.

There’s something very odd here in my opinion. If he was in an Uber when he TEXTED 911 (we don’t have that here so if it’s an auto thing, then may have been an accident.) then that driver should have been questioned hard. There just seems to be so clues to follow. JMO

"No foul play" doesn't mean "suicide." It could be accidental (death by misadventure) or natural.

I'll cite the recent case of Nathan Millard as an example. His death (overdose) was ruled accidential. They have arrested three people, but they are charged with other crimes (failure to seek assistance, unlawful disposal of remains), not murder or manslaughter.

There have been a lot of questions about the Uber driver, and I have expressed the opinion that LE was the only party that had the power to issue warrants and access cell phone/Uber account data to verify the driver's story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjberry5954
Back