Found Deceased CA - Beau Mann, 39, Tech CEO, texted “911” after leaving store, Studio City, 30 Nov 2021 *found deceased 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don’t think Beau would be ashamed of relapsing…he built a business out of helping people in recovery.

It’s rather judgmental to assume he would be embarrassed.
I respectfully disagree.
My husband is going on 7 years of sobriety, after 35 years of being in an active addictions), but in his first 2 years he relapsed twice. I know that he felt incredibly ashamed and felt as though he lets many, many people down.
In his first 5 years of sobriety he attended Celebrate Recovery, participated in two CR step studies (which is a 12 step program that is biblically-based) as well as volunteered in our community, feeding the homeless on a weekly basis, and sharing his testimony with A LOT of people who were still active in their additions.
moo.

I wish we had more info on the 911 text. From comments from his friends and family, it sounds like he texted to 911, but did not respond to LE’s attempts to respond.

Wait wait hold up. Did he try to text 9-1-1 the service or text the numbers "911" to someone?

Text 9 1 1 | Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department

I'm actually surprised that L.A County implemented a text-to-911 service in May 2020.

Bill Text - AB-1168 Emergency services: text to 911.

A CA law mandates that emergency services must implement some form of a text-to-911 service by January 1, 2021.

I actually had never heard of this, I just assumed that you still needed to talk to them on a voice call.

I respectfully disagree.
My husband is going on 7 years of sobriety, after 35 years of being in an active addictions), but in his first 2 years he relapsed twice. I know that he felt incredibly ashamed and felt as though he lets many, many people down.
In his first 5 years of sobriety he attended Celebrate Recovery, participated in two CR step studies (which is a 12 step program that is biblically-based) as well as volunteered in our community, feeding the homeless on a weekly basis, and sharing his testimony with A LOT of people who were still active in their additions.
moo.
My comment is from many, many years of personal experience. Of course most addicts feel bad because they’ve hurt those they love and let people down. Addiction is not something to be ashamed of. There’s a difference.

Last edited:
I don’t think Beau would be ashamed of relapsing…he built a business out of helping people in recovery.

It’s rather judgmental to assume he would be embarrassed.
I disagree, This man has built an Empire and now if he were to relapse would seem like he failed which he didn't. Praying for him. This is exactly what his program is for. IMO

I disagree, This man has built an Empire and now if he were to relapse would seem like he failed which he didn't. Praying for him. This is exactly what his program is for. IMO

I'm inclined to agree with you. I've never been addicted to anything, but I've watched loved ones go through years and years (and years) of programs. So much of American culture is 100%-or-nothing, black-or-white, failure-or-success, and that is reflected in the fact that very few programs actually recognize that relapse is expected.

To be clear: addiction is nothing be ashamed of. But most programs are 100% zero tolerance, where relapse = failure.

JMO.

I respectfully disagree.
moo.
Thats amazing. Thank you for sharing! Good job to ya both and continued prayers. :)

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Here's an excerpt from the rules:

If you would like to become verified, please contact WS Administration at wsverify@yahoo.com with your Websleuths name, your real name, the case, a telephone number, and the times when you can be reached.

If you are a "professional" or "case insider", but would prefer not to be verified, please understand that you will be required to follow the general rules for posting, and back up your statements with links to appropriate sources.

More here: Rules - Etiquette & Information (websleuths.com)

All the rules: The Rules (websleuths.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
So, are we thinking he check ed himself into a rehab facility, or do we think he harmed himself? Seriously, where is this thread headed?
Sadly, I think Beau relapsed. His friends and family may have seen it coming, which is why they waited a while before making the news of his disappearance public. They were probably expecting him to resurface in a week or two, as often happens when someone relapses or goes out on a binge. With no sign of him for a few weeks, they realized that this was more than a “binge”.

On the positive side, there is a chance that he is in rehab or hospital somewhere. There is also the possibility that he chose to disappear or became the victim of a crime. My fear is self-harm or a medical event due to substance abuse. The past 2 years have taken a huge toll on everyone’s mental health and it’s been really hard on addicts in recovery. The holidays are also stressful and draining for a lot of people.

Based on social media comments, it looks like he spent Thanksgiving in Massachusetts with his family. He flew back to LAX on the 28/29th and was picked up by his assistant at the airport. From there he went to his office.

Maybe I over-expect from LE, but if he was in rehab, wouldn't they be able to locate him? I don't think he self-harmed, but if he relapsed, often addicts don't realize they can't go right back to the high doses they used to take and so the accidentally od. Happened to my cousin.

Maybe I over-expect from LE, but if he was in rehab, wouldn't they be able to locate him? I don't think he self-harmed, but if he relapsed, often addicts don't realize they can't go right back to the high doses they used to take and so the accidentally od. Happened to my cousin.
Would the rehab facilities give that info to the police as he is an adult?

So, are we thinking he check ed himself into a rehab facility, or do we think he harmed himself? Seriously, where is this thread headed?
I don't know what to think. So many possibilities come to mind and we don't have enough solid info to sort them out.

a] He relapsed and went into rehab and has not contacted anyone
b] He relapsed and is on a bender and has not contacted anyone
c] He relapsed and OD'd and has not been discovered yet
d] He relapsed and felt hopeless and committed suicide somewhere?
e] He relapsed and was robbed/abducted by someone?
f] He didnt relapse but was a crime victim?
g] He didnt relapse but he is voluntarily missing

Any other options?

I am leaning towards b or e.

He relapsed and is on a bender and has not contacted anyone
or
He relapsed and was robbed/abducted by someone?

Nice list @katydid23. I'm leaning toward f.) he didn't relapse but was a crime victim. I base this on the 911 text. He knew he was in danger, but couldn't voice the call without alerting the perpetrator. Also, why text 911 if you are on a bender or headed to rehab? What crime was committed, I'm not sure. Robbery and homicide (most likely), kidnapping/ abduction (for what purpose? Is he still being held?).

Nice list @katydid23. I'm leaning toward f.) he didn't relapse but was a crime victim. I base this on the 911 text. He knew he was in danger, but couldn't voice the call without alerting the perpetrator. Also, why text 911 if you are on a bender or headed to rehab? What crime was committed, I'm not sure. Robbery and homicide (most likely), kidnapping/ abduction (for what purpose? Is he still being held?).
But if he od-d then why text 911 from an Uber? Surely the Uber must know? If he overdosed in an Uber the driver would’ve taken him to the hospital.

Agreed. It happens like that a lot.
But it doesn’t always happen that way. Depending on what the drug of choice is, A LOT of drugs are mixed with lethal doses of fentanyl (among others).
I went to church with a man who had been sober for years, but then relapsed for a few months. He didn’t go back to the heroin dose that he had once taken but his last dose one was laced with enough fentanyl to kill 100 people. And he passed.
I’m still praying for a miracle for Beau. moo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CooperDeVille
Back