Found Deceased CA - Beau Mann, 39, Tech CEO, texted “911” after leaving store, Studio City, 30 Nov 2021 *found deceased 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JG stated she didn't know Beau nor any of his friends.
And TBH, listening to her on the Unfound Podcast, I didn't get the impression she was lying. That's based solely on what I heard on the podcast, I know nothing else about her, but I thought she was telling the truth--or at least the truth as she remembered it given her issues.

And TBH, listening to her on the Unfound Podcast, I didn't get the impression she was lying. That's based solely on what I heard on the podcast, I know nothing else about her, but I thought she was telling the truth--or at least the truth as she remembered it given her issues.

JG did reference "he's got money in his company? At least he can take care of himself."

How did she know about the company? I don't recall the gentlemen speaking with her mentioning The Sober Grid at all. IMO...

JG did reference "he's got money in his company? At least he can take care of himself."

How did she know about the company? I don't recall the gentlemen speaking with her mentioning The Sober Grid at all. IMO...

If Beau's company had been a big secret I would understand questioning how JG knew about it, but it was mentioned in almost every news story about his disappearance. We also have no idea how many other people JG had spoken to before doing this interview, nor what they could have told her.

During the interview they mention that Beau's birthday will be next week, which I believe puts the interview some time around mid-February. That's two and half months after he went missing, so there was enough time for JG to learn things whether she knew Beau or not.

Let's face it, very few people on Websleuths knew Beau personally, and yet everyone who read the thread knew about his company almost immediately.

I don't know what the truth is where JG is concerned, but nothing in her interview rings any immediate alarm bells for me.

Beau and J also had 16 mutual facebook friends per The Vanished podcast 3rd episode on Beau. So it's very likely that she knew about him or of him, but didn't actually know him personally.
That would make a lot of sense because they were in the sobriety community. The thing that makes my brain freeze is this idea that because they had friends in common on Facebook and because supposedly Beau had her phone number on his contacts then they surely knew each other in person and communicated with each other. I think it's strange that he picked her exact address, but it's even weirder when there seems to be ZERO record of communication between them.

Respectfully, the way the J.G. situation was handled was absolutely inappropriate and it turned into some sort of witch hunt.

I’m trying to catch up, I used to live for many years in Santa Monica and am part of the sober community. Can someone please clue me in to who J is and how they died? I looked all through the FB page and didn’t see anything.

Feel free to DM me, please

People do actually overdose on meth. I didn't realize this until the police chief of my city spoke about the opioid crisis in our community, but pointed out that the majority of od's in our city continued to be meth overdoses. That lead me to look into this subject and I found out a dose of meth can raise blood pressure super high, lead to stroke, the heart stopping, overheating, organ failure, or seizures. It can happen from a single dose, or from repeated use.

Wanted to add that it's a myth Beau "texted 911". It has been cleared up recently by his family on the official Find Beau Mann page that he used the in-app service Uber provides customers in case of emergency.

<modsnip - not an approved source>

Mom's hired PI has some interesting theories:
Joanne Goode was a local actor and artist who initially said she didn’t know Mann. However, Terry said Goode did have a connection to Mann and that her home was in fact, his destination.

While in the car, Mann sent a text to 911 just saying he was in a gray car. Terry thinks the 911 text made from the Uber was the first indication that Mann was getting sick from whatever drugs he had taken and that he didn’t live long beyond that moment.
“I believe that backpack and that computer hold the key to what happened to him right after he died,” he said. “If that backpack and computer were in Jo Goode’s house or if she had sold them or pawned it, there might be somebody that knew Jo Goode that didn’t realize any of this even happened.”

He said if someone did buy that computer from her or if it could be traced back to her, it would prove his theory regarding Mann’s place of death.

Goode died in January of this year and Terry said the landlords cleaned out the apartment shortly after her death, preventing a search of the location. He said there’s always the possibility that the official investigation turns up previously unknown evidence that sheds a radically new light on the circumstances, but short of a deus ex machina he thinks the computer is the key to explaining those final moments of Mann’s life.

“Nobody has found that computer, that backpack and I think that’s the key,” he said. “Somebody in Santa Monica might have that computer right now and not even realize that it belongs to this urban legend. And I think that breaks this case wide open.”

A representative for the Mann family said they don’t necessarily agree with all of Terry’s conclusions about Beau’s death and while Terry is a figure of some controversy due to his work on other cases, they appreciated his efforts.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the string of NYC druggings/robberies tied to that one specific club, one of the victims was given drugs by the perpetrator that were laced with fentanyl. Two of the perpetrators got into an Uber with the victim and got dropped off first. By the time the victim was to be dropped off, he had died in the back seat. This happened earlier this year or last year and there's a thread about it somewhere.

Even if a common OD drug was not what Beau used, fentanyl is so rampant these days - even back in 2021 on the west coast. It's possible he did not know what he was taking if he did take something. I find it interesting that his family stated all his dishes were in the sink being washed in the sink when they got into his apartment, which was something he did when he was really stressed.

Very much speculation and my own theory, but what if the Uber driver gave him something and he passed out or ODed, and that's why the Uber address was changed after he started the trip. Perhaps the driver knew JG and knew it would be an easy place to dump someone who may be ODing because there were other addicts around and private space to do so, IE a few abandoned buildings in a quiet alley.

If the answer to that question is yes, then wouldn't the driver not have a moral obligation or even a legal duty of care to seek help immediately and not to just drop Beau off out of the cab?

Or wouldn’t it have just freaked someone out enough to pull over, drive to a hospital, etc.?

At the very least I’d think it was a memorable ride, but I believe the driver initially claimed to not remember him?

I don’t think ODs usually happen that slowly anyway?

The timing of Beau being found was a little ironic for me, as the week before I had just researched his case and did a brief overview on my YT channel.

One of the things that stood out to me from reading through the articles and listening to podcasts, was Beau’s mother’s pleas for the Uber driver to be interviewed again. LE refused after the initial questioning.

IMO, there are two possible scenarios for LE to investigate at this point (it will be hard to differentiate with so much time passed):
#1 - BM met with foul play (was intentionally OD’d) and placed here he was found
#2 - BM accidentally took too much (if he had been sober, maybe over estimated his tolerance or fentanyl laced) and wandered to that area. If he was disorientated, he could have found the mat and covered up. JMOO

One theory I haven’t heard mentioned, IF BM relapsed, he could have been meeting someone to purchase more drugs or trade the laptop for them. If someone says meet me on XXXX Street, the Uber driver still has to plug in an exact address. Could it be possible he was meeting someone in the general area, and the specific address is inconsequential?

Could it be possible he was meeting someone in the general area, and the specific address is inconsequential?

This is what I've been wondering. I've never used an Uber, but if Beau changed his destination after he started the journey, how would that be done?

Would Beau have to change the destination himself using his own Uber app? If that's the case, he would presumably have entered the new address himself; if he was using the Uber app during the journey it might also explain an accidental 911 call through the app.

On the other hand, if Beau told the driver where he wanted to go and the driver entered the new address into the system, is it possible Beau never actually gave the exact address at all and just said something like, "Take me to the junction of Berkeley Street and Santa Monica Boulevard"? The address might just be the closest address to where Beau wanted to go.

This is what I've been wondering. I've never used an Uber, but if Beau changed his destination after he started the journey, how would that be done?

Would Beau have to change the destination himself using his own Uber app? If that's the case, he would presumably have entered the new address himself; if he was using the Uber app during the journey it might also explain an accidental 911 call through the app.

On the other hand, if Beau told the driver where he wanted to go and the driver entered the new address into the system, is it possible Beau never actually gave the exact address at all and just said something like, "Take me to the junction of Berkeley Street and Santa Monica Boulevard"? The address might just be the closest address to where Beau wanted to go.

I haven’t used the Uber app so someone else may be more familiar. But I have taken Uber numerous times and when we changed the destination, the driver programmed it in manually.

I just read through the Help section on Uber website and this is the only thing I can find that even mentions change of destination and it just says pricing will change.

According to Part 4 of the Vanished podcast, it was crystal meth. I found the whole Vanished series very eye opening and informative, if you’re looking for a podcast about Beau.
Can you share the link to this podcast?

Can you share the link to this podcast?

Sure— here’s the 4th episode, but you can navigate on the website if you want to start with the first one:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yochy
Back