CA CA - Bell, WhtMale 1401UMCA, 15-25, in L.A. riverbed @ Patata trestle, Sep'79

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
really? :( that's even more awful. but wouldn't be possible for DNA to still be left inside of his teeth? My adoptive mom had a friend who's son died and was cremated and his teeth where still left in the urn with his ashes (they didn't burn at all) wouldn't they be able to extract DNA from inside of that?

The heat destroys the DNA even if it doesn't reduce the teeth to ashes.

really? :( that's even more awful. but wouldn't be possible for DNA to still be left inside of his teeth? My adoptive mom had a friend who's son died and was cremated and his teeth where still left in the urn with his ashes (they didn't burn at all) wouldn't they be able to extract DNA from inside of that?

Luckily the dental records of this John Doe are still available so it still is definitely possible for him to be identified. On nameus it says that Mark Wilson's dental records are available but it states that Rickey Enochs' aren't. but would it be possible that his family or the dentist they went to would still have them archived somewhere even thought it's been a while?

It really just depends on how long the dental office keeps records and if they're still in practice. I don't know about teeth still having DNA after cremation though actually!

this may be far fetched, but what did they do with his clothes? did the Los Angeles police department happen to archive them? because if they did, his DNA might be on that.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/greer_andrew.html

I think he looks quite a bit like Carl's recon. His DNA, dentals and fingerprints are not in CODIS. It seems like he could've hitchhiked from Addison, MI to Bell, CA, and survived for a few months. Also, was Randy Kraft ever questioned about this John Doe?

I wrote a post about him. You can view the link by clicking the second link in my signature.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/greer_andrew.html

I think he looks quite a bit like Carl's recon. His DNA, dentals and fingerprints are not in CODIS. It seems like he could've hitchhiked from Addison, MI to Bell, CA, and survived for a few months. Also, was Randy Kraft ever questioned about this John Doe?

It's entirely possible he ran away and made it as far as California - there's so little information on him that just about anything could be possible, but with no identifiers I don't know how he could be matched to
this doe or any doe :(

It's entirely possible he ran away and made it as far as California - there's so little information on him that just about anything could be possible, but with no identifiers I don't know how he could be matched to
this doe or any doe :(

I know, it's frustrating. However, I did locate his half-brother, who was only 4 at the time of Andrew's disappearance. His half-brother doesn't live far away. Perhaps mitochondrial DNA could be obtained from him--if they share a common mother. I could not find that information.

The one thing dissuading me are the ears. Bell's are more flat, Andrew's are not really. However, COD is not listed, so--this could be far fetched--perhaps the shape of ear was changed postmortem? I couldn't see blood coming out of ears on the PM, but...

Do you think there's a facial resemblance, though?

I know, it's frustrating. However, I did locate his half-brother, who was only 4 at the time of Andrew's disappearance. His half-brother doesn't live far away. Perhaps mitochondrial DNA could be obtained from him--if they share a common mother. I could not find that information.

The one thing dissuading me are the ears. Bell's are more flat, Andrew's are not really. However, COD is not listed, so--this could be far fetched--perhaps the shape of ear was changed postmortem? I couldn't see blood coming out of ears on the PM, but...

Do you think there's a facial resemblance, though?

Andrews hair covers his forehead so it's hard to tell what he would look like with that hair cut short or pushed back but I do see a resemblance.

Andrews hair covers his forehead so it's hard to tell what he would look like with that hair cut short or pushed back but I do see a resemblance.

Yeah, I noticed BJD had a very wide forehead. Andrew's was mostly concealed.

I looked at the pm photo and got a feeling that this boy plucked his eyebrows, from the shape that they were.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/arrowood_steven.html

Updated on Charley Project today. What do you all say?

I think he indeed looks a lot like the UID but the circumstances seem too far afield...

Arrowood was from NC (and went missing from there) and the the man suspected of his disappearance had followed him all the way from TX back to NC before he went missing.

That's, like, across half-of-the-US. So we know he "meant business" to have gone that far.

But that unnamed suspect (the missing's lover's husband) would have had to have taken Aarowood all-the-way-across the USA to dump him for this to be him.

Carl, I was reading an article,(will post the link). Are they now saying it IS possible to get DNA, depending on how crematoriums function? This article just colored me confused.

https://privatelabresults.com/cremated-remains-dna-testing/

From your link...
Ashes mixed when funeral home cremates several bodies at once: A funeral home in a small town in Nebraska was under investigation by authorities for performing what are known as mass cremations, “cremating multiple bodies at once.” Several families that had used the funeral home submitted their loved ones cremated remains for DNA testing. Private Lab Results determined that several of the containers and urns containing cremated remains did contain multiple DNA profiles.

The UID's situation is somewhat similar, but it's talking about the ashes in a single urn. So what it seems is being mentioned in the story would be a few (five at the most?) people getting cremated together to save money and/or time.

From the way I took it, this guy's ashes are in something more akin to a "mass grave" àla war crime victims (massacred towns, concentration camps, POW camps, etc) and the like, only where the deceased are first cremated instead of just thrown into the ground and covered up.

And this was in LA. There are probably more indigents and UID's buried there in a single month than the entire population of Hazard and Fairfield combined... That's a lot of ashes.

Added to NamUs recently...Ronald Aeschliman.

He is listed as having gone missing Jan. 1 1980, which is the default date. That would only be a couple months different, and MP dates have been listed wrong before. He would be 19/20 at the time of UID's death. No picture is available though.

:bump: for image revision

4fd4af23-b988-4ab8-95af-f66f176bf2f8.jpg

Could one of these guys be a match?

Mark Collman - findthemissing.org/cases/12546

Michael Hunter - findthemissing.org/cases/8457

Gus Hoffman - findthemissing.org/cases/23522

Jimmy Edwards - findthemissing.org/cases/9165

Robert Pedicini - findthemissing.org/cases/22066

Sadly none of them seem close to me. Of the ones that look closest in my eyes are Hunter and Coleman. Unfortunately, both of those MPs wore glasses. Wearing glasses myself, I know you would have been able to see the imprints of the glasses pads on the body if either of the two were Bell Boy, even if (as in this case) no glasses were found with the UID.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back