Identified! CA - Benicia, UncFem, early 20's, UP15590, found on beach south of Ryer Island, April'83 - Tomye Ross Smith

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

heartanium

Reaction score
I don't think she has a thread but please post below if she does.

Namus #UP15590
Unidentified Female
Race:
Uncertain
Estimated Age: Adult - Pre 30's
Height: Cannot Estimate
Weight: Cannot Estimate
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Inventory of Remains
Torso not recovered
One or more limbs not recovered
One or both hands not recovered

Agency Info:
ME/C Case Number: 483-305-CCI-134

Benicia Police Department - (707) 746-3411​

Agency Case Number: 20-1132

Kenny Hart, Investigations Lieutenant

Solano County Sheriff's Office- Coroner Division - (707) 784-7500​

Agency Case Number: 483-305-CCI-134

Exclusions:

1672910808170.png

Tomye Ross Smith. According to Ancestry grew up in Oklahoma. I also found marriage and divorce records but am no Ancestry member and cant access them.
She was in her 50s when she went missing.

I wonder if Tomye had any connection to Dolores Wulff. It is thought Dolores was murdered by her husband. It seems very odd that both their remains would end up in the same vicinity around the same time, and they were from similar generations. I do think it sounds very likely Dolores was murdered by her husband although he claimed to his grave he didn't do it, but what about Tomye? Was she connected to Dolores Wulff's husband in any way? Hmm..certainly not obviously, but maybe in less obvious ways. Perhaps the landscape favored the remains of both these women coming to rest in proximity to each other when their deaths had nothing to do with each other, but I still wonder.

I read that actually, the police department that solved this said there was no foul play suspected in her death. It does seem odd to me she was near the remains of another woman of a similar generation, but it is likely the landscape around there is what led to their remains being close together. Maybe she drowned/, died as a result of some accident or died of natural causes or maybe she committed suicide. Anyway, the investigators looking into her death didn't think foul play was involved.

I wonder if the police know more that they're not releasing - like maybe she was known to have fallen off a boat, or gone swimming, or she left a suicide note, or was known to be depressed/have mental health issues. After all, they can't really tell if there was foul play from just a skull fragment. So it makes me wonder if there's something they came across in their investigation that more conclusively suggests an alternative to foul play.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back