Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the paths in the park lighted? Even though I feel that he was never at the park due to the dogs not being able to locate his scent, I will start focusing on the park. Someone mentioned that there was an area that was gated off that was used by boy scouts. Does that area have cabins or restroom stalls? Even if gate was locked, I know if you really wanted in I am pretty sure that you would figure a way to get in there. My other question, not sure if been answered, has his last apartment and new apartment been searched? Had he actually already moved into the new apartment? Was anything missing or disturbed?

*This is in reply to someone who asked about "text-girl", which I assumed is the female who received the last text from Blaze's phone.

It's my strong personal opinion, that the female friend who received the strange text from Blaze that made LE think there was foul play involved, was his "best friend" at Penn who helps run the HUFBB page. I don't believe she's in CA, but PA. Someone else mentioned this same theory on the original thread. I just believe this from the info we have so far. I think she got a weird text, and maybe didn't do anything with it (probably not understanding it) but then when it comes out that he's missing, she realizes it's relevant, and calls the parents or LE in CA, and tells them about the text she received that night (the last confirmed text before his phone shuts off). JMO, but I've thought this from the beginning. :/
Well his best friend is on his FB page initials LW - they've known each other for a long time, before Penn, and she's from his area in CA

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

We are still not sure he went into the park. No dog scent and the witness said he was in the bathroom and didn't see Blaze run off into the woods? Isn't that correct? I know we have 2 different versions

1. witness goes to bathroom, returns, doesn't find Blaze
2. witness pull up to park, Blaze jumps out and runs into the woods.

Which one has been confirmed?

We are still not sure he went into the park. No dog scent and the witness said he was in the bathroom and didn't see Blaze run off into the woods? Isn't that correct? I know we have 2 different versions

BBM...nothing has been confirmed. That is what is so aggravating. Wish we had a VI that can help sort out this mess.

Are the paths in the park lighted? Even though I feel that he was never at the park due to the dogs not being able to locate his scent, I will start focusing on the park. Someone mentioned that there was an area that was gated off that was used by boy scouts. Does that area have cabins or restroom stalls? Even if gate was locked, I know if you really wanted in I am pretty sure that you would figure a way to get in there. My other question, not sure if been answered, has his last apartment and new apartment been searched? Had he actually already moved into the new apartment? Was anything missing or disturbed?

Someone posted some pictures made at night and it looked like the park was somewhat illuminated. The friend said according to some MSM articles that Blaze went towards/in the wilderness area, which didn't seem to be illuminated. The boy scouts gated area are near the Oso reservoir south from the park (around 10 - 15 minutes by car). No information about anything related to his new apartment, his school refused any comment, so zero new information.

Sorry to just interject, but I wanted to speak as someone who lives in a semi residential/ semi rural area. I have lived about a 20 minute walk from the nearest town on a regional road that does that does not have many street lights but that is fairly populated with houses. I still would never have walked the 15 minutes it would take to get to the park that is right before the town after dark because a) not much light b) the speed limit of the road is pretty high ( 80 km/ h or ~50 mph). Definitely was not much crime in the community, so that is not the main reason I wouldn't walk it. It was just not safe due to the lack of infrastructure for pedestrians after dark.
I guess I just wanted to ask if anyone knows wether the area is safe to be walking around after dark (I am assuming that by 10:30 pm it is dark in Cali in winter) in the area between BB's house and the park? It could be a simple explanation as to why he needed a ride...or not!

Or even rode a bicycle. He lives in a beautiful well groomed residential upper class neighborhood. Newer two story homes.

I'm sure living that close to the trails between three kids there was at least one bicycle in the garage.

Another thing I noticed in the LATimes article this morning is that his mom referred to him in the past tense. Could be nothing, but it struck me as strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
His father referred to him x3 in the past tense on interview where he said Blaze had been to Iceland and other places and I shouted to screen What does that have to do w him missing?! It was an interview outside like a parking area poss park entrance I dk. He was and he had been was the verbiage that baffled me. Blaze, please let someone know you are alive! You have your entire life ahead of you, and you can be whomever you choose to be! Writer to writer, please make contact w your family, I implore you! Everyone is rooting for you, nationwide. xo

Oh now there's a #3 friend thought he was joking when he ran off in the woods.

Now we have a multiple choice I guess throw whatever out and see which one sticks.

3rd hand info from family spokesperson. Stick w what LE has stated: Friend left vehicle to use restroom and when He returned Blaze was gone. Also note that BB DISABLED THE PHONES GPS. This is what LE has stated several times, it's also been written in several local papers namely the LA Times and the OC Register.
sigh

Daily routine - checking up on BB. I want so badly to come here to WS and find out he is alive and well.

3rd hand info from family spokesperson. Stick w what LE has stated: Friend left vehicle to use restroom and when He returned Blaze was gone. Also note that BB DISABLED THE PHONES GPS. This is what LE has stated several times, it's also been written in several local papers namely the LA Times and the OC Register.
sigh

LE doesn't have a magic mirror someone could have taken control of BBs phone and done the texting and shut off the phone and disposed of it. If BB is missing how can LE at this point confirm it was in BB's hand at the time?

sigh

But how can they possibly know that BB disabled the phones GPS? All they can know is that the GPS was disabled.

What is on the other side of the highway from the park? Any restaurants, gas stations that might have cameras?

I see a "Ralphs" what is that?

What is on the other side of the highway from the park? Any restaurants, gas stations that might have cameras?

There is a gas station at the other end of the park (close to the entrance in the wilderness area). On the other side of the road, shopping centers and restaurants/fast food.

pulling most of LE's comments, because I'm only focusing on their comments and not what the family or the female lawyer friend have had to say:

Sheriff’s officials said Blaze Bernstein, a pre-med student at the University of Pennsylvania, never returned to his parents’ home in Foothill Ranch late Tuesday night after visiting the park with a friend. The friend told investigators that he went into a restroom at the park and when he came out, Blaze Bernstein was gone, said Carrie Braun, a spokeswoman for the Sheriff’s Department. The friend last saw him about 11 p.m. Officials don’t believe foul play was involved and said the friend is not a suspect in the disappearance.

Before leaving home, Blaze Bernstein had been in lengthy communication with his friend on social media apps that do not leave a permanent record, authorities said.

Blaze Bernstein was described as white, 5 feet 8, 130 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes. He was wearing a dark-colored jacket, a dark-gray long-sleeved top and white Adidas sneakers when he disappeared, authorities said.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-bernstein-search-20180108-story.html

Authorities have ended their search for a missing 19-year-old college student in a large wilderness area in Southern California after a search and rescue team found no clues there, an Orange County Sheriff’s Department spokeswoman said Monday. The spokeswoman, Carrie Braun, said the search for University of Pennsylvania student Blaze Bernstein, who vanished on the night of Jan. 2, included two-dozen reserve deputies and lasted three days in Whiting Ranch Wilderness, a 2,500 acre park roughly an hour south of Los Angeles. “They felt like they did an extensive search,” she said. “They didn’t find anything.”

Braun said investigators would continue to pursue leads into Bernstein’s disappearance, though she declined to discuss details.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...upenn-student-who-vanished-california-n835916

The friend who was with Bernstein said he was using a park bathroom when the teen walked off and never came back, a sheriff's department told the Los Angeles Times. "We do not believe foul play was involved at this point, and the friend is only a witness, not a suspect or person of concern," Braun told the Times.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/drones-search-missing-penn-student-california-park/

Blaze Bernstein, a sophomore from California studying at the University of Pennsylvania, met his pal and went to Borrego Park in Orange County while he was home for winter break, the Orange County Sheriff’s department said in a press release Friday.

The friend told investigators that he used a bathroom in the park at around 11 p.m. and when he came out, Bernstein was no longer there, Carrie Braun, a spokeswoman for the Sheriff’s Department said, The Los Angeles Times reported.

“We do not believe foul play was involved at this point, and the friend is only a witness, not a suspect or person of concern,” Braun said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ft-parents-home-meet-friend-article-1.3741871

"ralphs" is a major grocery chain in southern california

I see a "Ralphs" what is that?

Ralphs is a grocery store and most of those businesses would probably have cameras

Another thought I had about the "friend" and the secrecy around his identity is that he may be a minor. Which could be another reason, depending on what had occurred at the park, for BB to leave and maybe for him to be a little worried about resurfacing (if he is intentionally missing) given his age?

Though I have to say intentionally missing is low on my list of what I think may have occurred here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member