Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want welcome the Websleuths members who joined because of their interest in Blaze Bernstein's case. Glad you're here.

:hug:

I also see there are 77 members and 235 guests here right now. *waves*

This case is heartbreaking. Sending thoughts and prayers for healing and hope to his family and friends and everyone who knew or knew of him. Justice is coming.

I don't know if I believe they always tell us the truth. First LE said driver was only a witness. They also said they did not suspect foul play. They don't owe it to us to tell everything what's going on that could compromise the investigation.

I agree except for the use of 'tell us the truth', LE can withhold information or give false information to the public especially if they do not feel there is eminate danger or threat to the public but as a means to give a suspect a false sense of security while watching them to observe what they do/say

I am just now getting familiar with this story. I don't have time to wade through everything. Do we know what the 11:30 text to the girl said? Where was the body found exactly? Thanks.

At this point, no, they have not released the contexts of the 11:30 text.

Initially, I believe it was the family's attorney who mentioned the text to a female friend being the reason they suspected foul play. But the actual message was not revealed.

But the message must have been pivotal because shortly thereafter they stopped mentioning the text altogether, intentionally, as if they didn't want that info out in the public sphere.

That's my thought too.. perhaps he put the body in the large plastic bin found in the backseat of rental car and dragged the bin across park at 3:40 am

I would think that would leave drag marks all over the grass from point A to point B. Basically leaving LE a road map as to where the body was. IMO

I don't think another person was involved in hiding the body. The body was left in a neighborhood park -- if another person was involved, you'd think the body would be moved to a more deserted location.

I really feel sad for his parents. They thought he was safe and sleeping in but he out laying in the cold. It doesn't matter how old your kids are, mom and dad will always be a mom and dad.

This^^^^

A friend once told me, "No matter what your relationship with your parents (substitute 'child' for 'parents' here), you will miss them terribly when they are gone."

We don't know, nor are we really entitled to know, the relationship Blaze had with his parents and siblings. They will be grieving the rest of their lives. They may be asking themselves what they could have done to prevent this horrible crime.

Continued thoughts and prayers for all of them.

Hoping an arrest(s) is imminent.

I don't think another person was involved in hiding the body. The body was left in a neighborhood park -- if another person was involved, you'd think the body would be moved to a more deserted location.

Yeah, and the affidavit made no mention of a second person either. I think if the police actually believed the driver's initial story, there would have been more information pointing to a search for this individual.

Based on the current information that's floated out, it just sounds like the driver acted alone.

At this point, no, they have not released the contexts of the 11:30 text.

Initially, I believe it was the family's attorney who mentioned the text to a female friend being the reason they suspected foul play. But the actual message was not revealed.

But the message must have been pivotal because shortly thereafter they stopped mentioning the text altogether, intentionally, as if they didn't want that info out in the public sphere.

BBM. Yes! I was about to say the same thing. Mentions of it have been removed from the articles that initially reported it.

His hands are scratched frim digging around in the brush and dirt to cover a body, the area is hard ground and tough bushes. Seems that a body could have been taken from the scene if premeditated..Perhaps he is not a friend from school, but police said it to be discreet. Kids from an artsy school are not atheletic types, and probably not skin heads..Calif had it's one big massive storm on Tues, maybe no evidence left, body floating, crime scene and area flooded and muddy. They knew this was the guy the whole time, guess hoping he would say bb was alive somewhere.. I think the rental car etc was to escape...he had a day to get rid of stuff and clean up.. wow.... how sad......heartbreaking. so sorry ....was it a student or faculty he knew from school ocsa? make it a dream
The second was talking to the police without a lawyer, which is never a good idea even if you are 100% innocent of any crime.

The third was using his hands to kill or otherwise dispose of Blaze. Experienced homicide detectives will look at the hands or upper extremity of a suspected murderer even before regarding their face as much. There is so much potential evidence there, including dirt or skin under the fingernails, bruises, scratch marks, gunpowder residue, etc. The murderer should have thought ahead to use less permeable (or any) gloves. Of course, if this crime occurred in the spur of the moment, his planning was probably nonexistent.

This "friend's" explanation hailed from hinkyville long before the affidavit was excerpted by the OCR. Looking forward to his arrest.[/QUOTE]

BBM. Yes! I was about to say the same thing. Mentions of it have been removed from the articles that initially reported it.

No, I don't think that's right. I think the text message about a concern of the 11:30 text came from the first Alert within a picture post on the HFBB page. It was never reported on MSM.

EDIT: Found the post, it's mine: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...e-Forest-2-Jan-2018-1&p=13848755#post13848755

It mentions a puzzeling text from BB at 11:30 p.m., a third suspect, and foul play. This was posted 4 days after he went missing.

This information ALL came from the family friend attorney, who has been silent since. It was never reported from a MSM source.

this would be a stupid place to purposefully dump a body, full of nosey moms traffic kids groundkeepers police, runners, stroller joggers... the bin coud be used though to drag, killed elsewhere dumped we will know soon...stomach churning....this is a known spot for kids to smoke etc..so sad...

it's theOC...
This actually makes a lot of sense. Go back and dump the body at the time you’re most likely to avoid detection. I’d chose between 3-4 am. Early morning runners come out by 5:00 or so. And it is far easier to drag a compact plastic bin and cover the tracks than a fully extended human frame.

MOO.

Well there we have it. No premeditation. We will probably get a lot of new info today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well to be fair, LE also said that they didn't suspect foul play in the beginning, so perhaps for now, they're saying this to get someone to talk.

No, I don't think that's right. I think the text message about a concern of the 11:30 text came from the first Alert within a picture post on the HFBB page. It was never reported on MSM.

EDIT: Found the post, it's mine: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...e-Forest-2-Jan-2018-1&p=13848755#post13848755

It mentions a puzzeling text from BB at 11:30 p.m. and also a third suspect. This was posted 4 days after he went missing.

This information ALL came from the family friend attorney, who has been silent since.

It was also reported by MSM here is one example and I remember seeing a video where they mentioned it too

https://www.google.com/amp/ktla.com...ter-going-to-meet-up-with-friend-at-park/amp/

clearskies1

Yeah, and the affidavit made no mention of a second person either. I think if the police actually believed the driver's initial story, there would have been more information pointing to a search for this individual.

Based on the current information that's floated out, it just sounds like the driver acted alone.

Only a tiny snippet of the 16 page affidavit has been released to the public. There are other POI according to LE.

http://ktla.com/2018/01/10/hundreds...-student-after-his-body-is-found-in-o-c-park/

Persons of interest who haven't been publicly identified are also part of the investigation, according to Valentine.

Hi everyone, start packing up to move to a new thread. This thread will close in about 10 minutes.

this would be a stupid place to purposefully dump a body, full of nosey moms traffic kids groundkeepers police, runners, stroller joggers... the bin coud be used though to drag, killed elsewhere dumped we will know soon...stomach churning....this is a known spot for kids to smoke etc..so sad...

it's theOC...

Obviously, the perp isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

It mentions a puzzeling text from BB at 11:30 p.m., a third suspect, and foul play. This was posted 4 days after he went missing.

This information ALL came from the family friend attorney, who has been silent since. It was never reported from a MSM source.

It was reported on MSM via The Orange County Register, The Register, is published in California and is owned by Digital First Media. It has been a News Publication since 1906 (<---woah)

Mistake or not, it was published.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/05/search-under-way-for-missing-19-year-old-lake-forest-man/

O.C. Register wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_County_Register

attachment.php

Attachments

• saved.jpeg
    saved.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 585
Well to be fair, LE also said that they didn't suspect foul play in the beginning, so perhaps for now, they're saying this to get someone to talk.

The pattern I see suggests OCSD is going by the book with this case as far as their definitions. They are building a case that can be prosecuted, hence "not premeditated" until evidence that can be proven otherwise is found.

just my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members