Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some thoughts and musings as I process all that I've learned about this case since Monday...

Everything seems to be revolving around the driver/friend(?), what he did or didn't know, and his level of involvement. A lot of it comes down to how much of his story do we believe. If he's involved, then we can presume some of his story is false, but a good portion, if not most, of it is probably true...

First question is was he really a former HS friend of BB or just some random guy that BB met off craigslist or social media? I tend to believe that he really is a former HS friend... for quite some time the father was backing him up so presumably he knew him or knew of him. (I suppose it could have been a complete snow job but I'm going with he was at least a former friend or acquaintance)

Next thing that's bothering me... let's assume the driver was the sole perpetrator.. why would he be hanging around and so involved after the disappearance? I'd think he'd want to distance himself from the situation as much as possible. The only reason I can think of that would (somewhat) jive with that is if the death were accidental and as others have suggested he was trying to cover up his involvement. But then... would a friend really do that? So those two things seem somewhat in conflict. The only other thing we're left with is that he's a cold-blooded killer, which to me isn't consistent with him helping the investigation so much.

Now we come to the new details revealed by the affidavit. The dirt under the hands makes no sense, unless this sheriff's affidavit came back on Jan. 3. I don't think we know the date of the affidavit, or do we? Seems to me if he were involved, anyone would have been smart enough to wash their hands?

On to the theories of the body being moved - I don't think that happened, at least not by the driver that we know of. There would be physical evidence all over the rental car. The fact that there was still camping and other gear in the car tells me that there was no effort to clean the car. This also tells me that the camping gear is not really evidence of some kind of "flight plan", unless the guy really is monumentally stupid. In any case, IMHO, most likely BB was killed in the park and not moved around. Maybe that secluded area is where he had his "meeting"?

As far as someone else being involved, I think this probably depends on whether this is an "accidental death" / cover up scenario, or a pure act of violence, pre-meditated or not. Let's assume the latter for sake of argument. In this case then I'm more inclined to believe that there was another person involved and perhaps the part of the story of the driver dropping BB off in the part to meet someone is true. If so, then the question for me really becomes is this 3rd person someone that the driver/friend also knew or a true "random hookup" as has also been theorized.

I think if there's a 3rd person known to both BB and his driver friend, this complicates things and may explain the driver's questionable behavior. Maybe he's trying to hide what he knows about the other friend so as to not implicate him.

I don't know, maybe this last idea is a stretch, but there's a lot of this that doesn't add up for me. It really comes down to motive and then how someone would act after committing such an act. I have a hard time thinking a cold-blooded killer would hang around and help out the search investigation for days.

Given the facts we know, I can't put together a solid theory that I have high confidence in. Certainly it seems the driver was probably involved somehow - it's his level of involvement that I'm having a hard time being sure of.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings...

I think thekiller is young, scared and inexperienced. I wonder what the truth will be when it all comes out, but I don't think this was premeditated. Once BB was injured (not sure if fatally at the onset, or injured enough he was dying) I think the killer panicked.
I am of the mindset that BB was injured, knew he was dying, and texted his friend. Then the killer realized what BB had done and shut it off. jmo

Maybe. But if he bought camping gear, a belt, and a plastic bin before meeting Blaze....I have to disagree.

If he panicked and bought it afterwards maybe it was a spontaneous act.

But why would he buy it afterwards? He couldn't very well go back to the park and cart poor Blaze's body off in a plastic bin and risk being seen.

In a panic he could have bought these items at a 24 hour Wal Mart and then gone back around 4 am.

Who knows! Maybe these items are unrelated to the crime and happen to be in the car.

The time of purchase is important for me. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also we don't know for sure that the rental car is the car the friend picked Blaze up in. We just know the rental car is what he showed up in to go talk to the police.

Thank you. From the start, I felt Blaze met with foul play. Also from the start, I felt that the driver "friend" was in on his murder, and I just can't shake the feeling that at least one other person is involved. Reading that late last night, that they were still investigating other POI's, made me think that this homicide is, as they say, very different from other cases.

I have not felt this was a gay hook up gone wrong, but I could be very wrong.

I feel something more sinister, for some reason. I just can't shake that feeling no matter how hard I try.

Wasn't it reported before they found Blake, that there were other young people at the park that night? This is what I recall but I don't have a link.

Maybe. But if he bought camping gear, a belt, and a plastic bin before meeting Blaze....I have to disagree.

If he panicked and bought it afterwards maybe it was a spontaneous act.

But why would he buy it afterwards? He couldn't very well go back to the park and cart poor Blaze's body off in a plastic bin and risk being seen.

In a panic he could have bought these items at a 24 hour Wal Mart and then gone back around 4 am.

Who knows! Maybe these items are unrelated to the crime and happen to be in the car.

The time of purchase is important for me. IMO.

Not sure if this area is the same as mine, but in the next county over (maybe 2), there are no stores open 24 hours except maybe a CVS. Floored me when I first moved here. Maybe the area near the park is different?

I also still feel that if LE had any thoughts of those items being involved, they would have immediately seized the car and not let the driver take it. They didn't do that, did they?

I think the abandoned vehicle will play a role.

In any situation, I pray for peace and healing for Blaze's family

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Also we don't know for sure that the rental car is the car the friend picked Blaze up in. We just know the rental car is what he showed up in to go talk to the police.

Maybe because his car had evidence of a struggle or something?

Can someone help me with the time line? When did the friend pick up Blaze? They went to Hobby Lobby parking lot, then to the park, is that right? what were those times? And what time did the text to the girl occur? Can anyone help me?

Some info:

According to the affidavit, the friend and Bernstein both attended the same Orange County high school. The friend said he picked up Bernstein and they drove to a parking lot of a Hobby Lobby in Lake Forest Jan. 2 to "hang out" and "catch up," the paper reports.

The friend said Bernstein told him they were going to meet another friend from high school, and they drove to the Borrego Park parking lot shortly before midnight, reports the OC Register. The friend said Bernstein walked by himself into the park. After about an hour, the friend said he tried to contact Bernstein unsuccessfully on SnapChat, then left around 1 a.m. and drove to his girlfriend's house in Tustin.

When Bernstein still hadn't responded around 3:40 a.m., the friend said, he returned to the park around 3:40 a.m. to search for him.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/details-emerge-about-friends-account-of-blaze-bernsteins-last-moments/

I beleive BB was picked up by the friend about 10:30 p.m. and he was last seen seen around 11 p.m. on Jan. 2 while entering Borrego Park.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...blaze-bernstein-found-california-park-n836576

BB's phone was shut off (or location tracking purposes) were shut off at 11:30 p.m

Just some thoughts and musings as I process all that I've learned about this case since Monday...

Everything seems to be revolving around the driver/friend(?), what he did or didn't know, and his level of involvement. A lot of it comes down to how much of his story do we believe. If he's involved, then we can presume some of his story is false, but a good portion, if not most, of it is probably true...

First question is was he really a former HS friend of BB or just some random guy that BB met off craigslist or social media? I tend to believe that he really is a former HS friend... for quite some time the father was backing him up so presumably he knew him or knew of him. (I suppose it could have been a complete snow job but I'm going with he was at least a former friend or acquaintance)

Next thing that's bothering me... let's assume the driver was the sole perpetrator.. why would he be hanging around and so involved after the disappearance? I'd think he'd want to distance himself from the situation as much as possible. The only reason I can think of that would (somewhat) jive with that is if the death were accidental and as others have suggested he was trying to cover up his involvement. But then... would a friend really do that? So those two things seem somewhat in conflict. The only other thing we're left with is that he's a cold-blooded killer, which to me isn't consistent with him helping the investigation so much.

Now we come to the new details revealed by the affidavit. The dirt under the hands makes no sense, unless this sheriff's affidavit came back on Jan. 3. I don't think we know the date of the affidavit, or do we? Seems to me if he were involved, anyone would have been smart enough to wash their hands?

On to the theories of the body being moved - I don't think that happened, at least not by the driver that we know of. There would be physical evidence all over the rental car. The fact that there was still camping and other gear in the car tells me that there was no effort to clean the car. This also tells me that the camping gear is not really evidence of some kind of "flight plan", unless the guy really is monumentally stupid. In any case, IMHO, most likely BB was killed in the park and not moved around. Maybe that secluded area is where he had his "meeting"?

As far as someone else being involved, I think this probably depends on whether this is an "accidental death" / cover up scenario, or a pure act of violence, pre-meditated or not. Let's assume the latter for sake of argument. In this case then I'm more inclined to believe that there was another person involved and perhaps the part of the story of the driver dropping BB off in the part to meet someone is true. If so, then the question for me really becomes is this 3rd person someone that the driver/friend also knew or a true "random hookup" as has also been theorized.

I think if there's a 3rd person known to both BB and his driver friend, this complicates things and may explain the driver's questionable behavior. Maybe he's trying to hide what he knows about the other friend so as to not implicate him.

I don't know, maybe this last idea is a stretch, but there's a lot of this that doesn't add up for me. It really comes down to motive and then how someone would act after committing such an act. I have a hard time thinking a cold-blooded killer would hang around and help out the search investigation for days.

Given the facts we know, I can't put together a solid theory that I have high confidence in. Certainly it seems the driver was probably involved somehow - it's his level of involvement that I'm having a hard time being sure of.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings...
Oh boy, can I tell you from experience, that cold blooded murderers do in fact, hang around.

They do in fact, show up at vigils. Funerals. Masses for the deceased years later. Some even visit the person's grave.

They cooperate with the police, seem so nice and sincere.

Some even volunteer and help with searching for the body!

I won't list anymore because a huge case in recent years that involved my friend's murdered sibling still has many of her loved ones and us friends reeling from the shock of these sick, mean, and taunting ways that these disgusting, filthy, sick, vile animals came up with to torture the family, all the while acting nice, kind, caring and helpful!.

There are many cases like my friend's sibling. Many. If they're cold blooded, they're sick in the head and find other's grief and pain funny and entertaining.

True. Lots of unanswered questions.

Who rented the car? When? Is this THE car that Blaze was in?

When were these items purchased? By whom?

What is the content of that 11:30 text?

I think the abandoned vehicle will play a role.

In any situation, I pray for peace and healing for Blaze's family

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you abandon your vehicle you would need a rental car... so you could very well be right!

Wasn't it reported before they found Blake, that there were other young people at the park that night? This is what I recall but I don't have a link.

I don't think it was reported in MSM but rather a poster's personal experience. Several kids were there from like 930 to 1130 iirc

Some info:

According to the affidavit, the friend and Bernstein both attended the same Orange County high school. The friend said he picked up Bernstein and they drove to a parking lot of a Hobby Lobby in Lake Forest Jan. 2 to "hang out" and "catch up," the paper reports.

The friend said Bernstein told him they were going to meet another friend from high school, and they drove to the Borrego Park parking lot shortly before midnight, reports the OC Register. The friend said Bernstein walked by himself into the park. After about an hour, the friend said he tried to contact Bernstein unsuccessfully on SnapChat, then left around 1 a.m. and drove to his girlfriend's house in Tustin.

When Bernstein still hadn't responded around 3:40 a.m., the friend said, he returned to the park around 3:40 a.m. to search for him.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/details-emerge-about-friends-account-of-blaze-bernsteins-last-moments/

This is the same friend who can't remember the last name or address of his girlfriend and covered up his hands with his shirt sleeves to open doors?

Thank you. From the start, I felt Blaze met with foul play. Also from the start, I felt that the driver "friend" was in on his murder, and I just can't shake the feeling that at least one other person is involved. Reading that late last night, that they were still investigating other POI's, made me think that this homicide is, as they say, very different from other cases.

I have not felt this was a gay hook up gone wrong, but I could be very wrong.

I feel something more sinister, for some reason. I just can't shake that feeling no matter how hard I try.

What are your thoughts? Yeah it certainly isn't a hook up gone wrong sotuation based on the info we have.

The scratches and dirt under his nails. That does it for me.

And California has outlawed gay panic defense right?

Yes. Banned.

Oh boy, can I tell you from experience, that cold blooded murderers do in fact, hang around.

They do in fact, show up at vigils. Funerals. Masses for the deceased years later. Some even visit the person's grave.

They cooperate with the police, seem so nice and sincere.

Some even volunteer and help with searching for the body!

I won't list anymore because a huge case in recent years that involved my friend's murdered sibling still has many of her loved ones and us friends reeling from the shock of these sick, mean, and taunting ways that these disgusting, filthy, sick, vile animals came up with to torture the family, all the while acting nice, kind, caring and helpful!.

There are many cases like my friend's sibling. Many. If they're cold blooded, they're sick in the head and find other's grief and pain funny and entertaining.

I'm so sorry for this situation. I've come to the sad conclusion that some people are simply evil. I can't find any other reason for the things some people do to other humans, physically or psychologically.

This is the same friend who can't remember the last name or address of his girlfriend and covered up his hands with his shirt sleeves to open doors?

Yeah that's enough for me.

I recall that too. I'll have to look.

EDIT TO ADD:

Yes, this:

I don't think it was reported in MSM but rather a poster's personal experience. Several kids were there from like 930 to 1130 iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13