Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i remember a post that some saw bb chided on a nazi site for crusing...maybe a skinhead picked him up to beat him up and killed him accidently...., aka fight club..............could be living in Newport with room mates blackbelt karate.. bb ran for his life and hiding & texted gf..nazi found him on an app and set out for some fight club fun..thought he could punch and run....assh....

What? It's clear that the friend picked him up and took him to the park. He admitted that.

Lots of theories - the bottom line is, OCSD needs to do their job and release the information on the autopsy. They did it yesterday, so it's just a matter of them releasing the info to the public. My thought is that they will arrest driver <modsnip> once they have have confirmed cause of death. I'm still dumb founded as to how it took them a week to find his body. Hopefully they're quicker will arresting <modsnip>

When you say 'friend', I assume you mean the driver?

Do we know that it was the friend/driver's home in Newport Beach? I didn't think LE identified the owner of the home in NB that was searched.

Certainly that would be a logical assumption given everything else we know, but I just wanted to clarify what we know from what we're speculating about.

Good catch. I changed the word 'friend' to driver in my post.

The pieces of the puzzle seem to fit pretty well: Yesterday it was announced that there was a search warrant for a location in Newport Beach. The16-page affidavit that the media reported about is for that search warrant. The info that has been released from the affidavit is part of the justification used to obtain the search warrant. Does that make it a fact or an assumption?

Could Blaze have been killed in "fight club ".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Although I appreciate this information I would like to suggest a slight shift of focus away from a possible 'gay hate' crime to one that perhaps involves egoic competition. The trend in many psychological circles is now to identify psychopaths, sociopaths and narcissist's in a broader spectrum called 'pathologicals'. An individual because it is a spectrum can fall more or less anywhere along the spectrum, it does not necessarily mean they kill.

If you think about this in real life and I do think this is an acquired over the years type observation, we all likely can admit that we've met people socially, at work and in other situations that have negatively affected our prospects due to narcissistic competition. They lie, backstab and gaslight to get ahead, some of them go further. They have no remorse and most importantly, they do not have an ability to act empathetically. They are completely lacking of empathy. They also, seemingly in my observation, possess the ability to be chameleon like in their presentation and tend to mirror others. They have no true authentic core and hate others that do. For this reason they tend to target others who are truly authentic creators who shine with their own light. People like Blaze.

What I am suggesting is that perhaps this is just a case of narcissistic competition taken to the extreme. Particularly if the narcissist thought they were going to be outed as the fraud (<---imo their biggest trigger point) they are they could possibly become enraged enough to harm another. It's unfortuantely not outside the realm of possibility that they engage or manipulate another cohort to assist them in this endeavor.

just my 2 cents

Interesting! Like an obsessive envy thing?

I think it is entirely possible.

ETA: The upperclass suburban version of a gang. We see it all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imo the fight club is a crock and so is the dirt puddle.

I can't seem to find a reference to driver purchasing a "bucket" or the finding of a "black belt"..
if someone has a moment to direct me it will be appreciated. thanks

I have been thinking premeditation this whole time but if this guy always intended to kill Blaze, he would have brought a shovel and would not have usd his bare hands to dig around in the dirt to hide the body.

Also, help an old lady out....what is a "Fight Club?"

Unless he thought it would be easier to lift Blaze than it actually was but then didn't want to risk leaving the body to go back to his car for a shovel- you know, just panicked and wanted to cover the body quickly?

Fight Club was a movie about people who enjoy meeting others to brawl for fun.

I don't think there's any chance Blaze or his driver were actually involved in such a thing. It's fantasy.

hmmm why didn't the driver just say that then?
the 'fightclub' info came out to cover the hand scratches..
I bet the driver wishes he thought of it earlier.. oops

I'm wondering if the first time they talked to the friend it was by telephone (they wouldn't have known about the dirt and scratches....)

Just a thought....
Or a calculated play by LE-first conversation was casual, friendly, so as to draw in their suspect and make him comfortable and chatty. Ask for his help, thank him for everything he is doing to find his friend. Request that he come out to the scene to pinpoint some things, then begin asking the harder questions. During the onsite conversation, document the scratches, dirt etc, inquire about any others there that night, make sure all the evidence is there to get the warrants necessary to obtain the other evidence to make a strong case.

I can't find an answer to this, but how was the "friend" that picked Blaze up identified as being with him? Did he come forward or did the Sheriff locate him somehow?

Why didn't they notice or mention the scratches on his hands til the second time they talked to him? Were they there the first time? If not, that kinda changes things along with was the dirt not noticed.

Sometimes scratches and injuries do not show up for 24 hrs or so.

I had assumed the police brought him there.. but maybe you're right.
Since he was not arrested I think anything he says can be used in court even without a lawyer or being mirandized.

Wait a minute- the police spoke to him at the park? In other words, he was already there on his own when they police came over and talked to him?

Anyone know the name of the street where the search warrant was served the other night? I have some assumptions but would love to know facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had assumed the police brought him there.. but maybe you're right.
Since he was not arrested I think anything he says can be used in court even without a lawyer or being mirandized.

If he is a suspect he has to be Mirandized. This is regardless of an arrest. But when an investigation is first occurring, suspicion during the fact gathering phase is not enough to trigger the Miranda requirement.

If he is a suspect he has to be Mirandized. This is regardless of an arrest. But when an investigation is first occurring, suspicion during the fact gathering phase is not enough to trigger the Miranda requirement.
As an attorney, how do you feel this played out-do you think the wording was such that LE is trying to say that he was not considered a suspect UNTIL the scratches and dirt were observed-in other words, a bit of a dodge to get info before being Mirandized? To build the case before the possibility of him requesting an attorney?

Yes could be OR it could be (if there are indeed other POI involved) that the friend lured BB to the park to make Blaze fight someone in their "fight club" and one of them threw a punch that killed Blaze. Crazy sounding I know but the idea that a performing artsy top student would be involved in a fight club seems crazy too .... (How on earth did he come up w that excuse?) but that might explain the fact they don't think it was premeditated murder...

What fact that they don't think it's premeditated murder?

Fight Club was a movie. I'm sure the friend got t from the movie.

This sounds like someone who either did not plan or had no idea how hard it would be to cover up a crime.

He's incriminating himself hard.

I also wonder if he's reading here.

I can't find an answer to this, but how was the "friend" that picked Blaze up identified as being with him? Did he come forward or did the Sheriff locate him somehow?

a 'text' message from blaze giving the driver his address was tracked iirc..
so I assume not all the convo was via snapchat

I can't seem to find a reference to driver purchasing a "bucket" or the finding of a "black belt"..
if someone has a moment to direct me it will be appreciated. thanks

From the search warrant affidavit:
At one point, the friend opened the doors to his rental car and allowed two detectives to look inside. The detectives noticed hiking and camping equipment in the rear of the vehicle, a large empty plastic bin on the backseat, and a black belt on the passenger seat floorboard.
Parts is it were published here: https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...ego-park-case-being-investigated-as-homicide/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ