Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlikely. If he pleads guilty to some version of manslaughter, etc he would have to say what happened. Courts are public, unless under age perps.

I don't mean what the murderer says, I mean what the coroner says, as far as what they can tell via autopsy and the condition of the body.

But it was a rental car, right?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Once I had a rental since my car was going to be in a shop for a bit of time. I moved everything into the rental including the ice scraper I was pretty sure I wasn't going to need in July.

That is false. California has the death penalty. Orange County was issuing death penalties as of 2015.

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/california-1

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
There's actually some truth to what you both say. It is still on the books. It was ruled unconstitutional. That was then overturned, yet nearly 4 years later, still not certain there will ever be an execution there again. Time will tell.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Racists that killed someone in a hate crime?
Obviously not. Is that your reasoning for believing he would own it?

I don't see that we have any evidence for believing he would own it.

I don't mean what the murderer says, I mean what the coroner says, as far as what they can tell via autopsy and the condition of the body.

I think it has been determined to be homicide as manner of death already...it is possible that cause of death will be undetermined though.

Where do you get the info that Sam had psychological problems for years?? It's ironic that his mother is a family therapist and he turns out like this!

I haven’t seen either-psychological reports or the info on his Mother’s profession. Is there a link for both, or either one? TIA

Obviously not. Is that your reasoning for believing he would own it?

I don't see that we have any evidence for believing he would own it.

Yes, I think if he was such a nazi or anti gay to seek someone out to kill that there would be online evidence of his deeply held hate filled beliefs.

You are right, we actually don't have any evidence that he was racist OR that he was anti-gay, either.

All this talk of whether or not we will ever know motive or whether t was premeditated, how he lured BB to the park, reminds me of the whole OJ case. I remember when he was running the 405 freeway in his white Bronco that I didn't want there to be a shootout or have him commit suicide because we wanted to know what happened. What happened to Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman? When it came to an end peacefully I was happy because we would get answers.

We didn't. We never did. We know how they died, we got to see all the bloody pictures but because OJ pled not guilty, didn't take the stand, we will never know why they were murdered.

All this to say, we may never find out why this happened to Blaze. We can guess, speculate, and so can the D.A. and the media, but unless there is a confession, we may never know why, how, where, what was the mindset of the perp at the time.

There's actually some truth to what you both say. It is still on the books. It was ruled unconstitutional. That was then overturned, yet nearly 4 years later, still not certain there will ever be an execution there again. Time will tell.

Oh, I don't live in California anymore. I didn't know they overturned the unconstitutional death penalty thing. But no way will Sam get death or even life. Because he will be sentenced as a youth. California had a law that passed which raises the youth sentencing age til 23. He will be tried as an adult but sentenced as a youth. ....

Well, after reading more I'm not sure sentenced as a youth is what that bill does. It does mean that because he was under 23 at the time of the crime, he will get a parole hearing after 25 years.

Perhaps there was another bill and I'm mixing two up? Any lawyer types from California who can clarify?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some seem to think that premeditation must mean he planned it beforehand before they were even together that night.

Premeditation can be formed in a blink of an eye. There is no legal set time interval that must lapse before premeditation can occur. All SW had to do is form the thought in his mind that he was going kill Blaze that night. That premeditated intent could have been formed in any time interval even in a very short time span (even seconds) while they were together. All he had to do is plan to kill Blaze and then carry it out....which he did.

IMO, they will charge SW with first degree murder.

Just want to point out that in California sudden quarrel or heat of passion (if proved, and not saying it can be proved here) can bring a homicide down from murder to voluntary manslaughter.

All this talk of whether or not we will ever know motive or whether t was premeditated, how he lured BB to the park, reminds me of the whole OJ case. I remember when he was running the 405 freeway in his white Bronco that I s didn't want there to be a shootout or have him commit suicide because we wanted to know what happened. What happened to Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman? When it comes need peacefully I was happy because we would get answers.

We didn't. We never did. We know how they died, we got to see all the bloody pictures but because OJ pled not guilty, didn't take the stand, we will never know why they were murdered.

All this to say, we may never find out why this happened to Blaze. We can guess, speculate, and so can the D.A. And the media, but unless there is a confession, we may never know why, how, where, what was the mindset of the perp at the time.

Excellent points. I'm hoping that this case will result in a guilty plea, in which case I think we'll get some of the details that we didn't in the OJ case.

As to some other comments, based on the anti-revenge comments made by BB's mother, I doubt this will be a death penalty case.

BBM

I have known many racists who absolutely would not own it.

But people are comparing him to Dylan Roof. And if he was anything like that, he would own it, not deny it.

Just want to point out that in California sudden quarrel or heat of passion (if proved, and not saying it can be proved here) can bring a homicide down from murder to voluntary manslaughter.

Interesting. I just hope that when all is said and done and we know more of the details that the punishment fits the crime.

SW may have sent the text message from the cell phone BB brought with him to suggest BB committed suicide or left home. SW may have believed that would stop any inquiry. Any how, SW thinking seemed to be disjointed and illogical.

There are several schools of thought floating around. One is that he wanted to hang BB using a belt, thereby staging a suicide ("he was depressed about his grades", etc).
The leaving home concept could have worked out if a body had never been found. Furthermore, without a body, murder would never come into play.

In the long run, I suspect SW might have come into eventual suspicion based on surveillance footage, but the time scale would have been longer, giving him more time to concoct a more impervious alibi, or skip town altogether. It was the Snapchat that forced him into a quick, flimsy, background story, and a more timely arrest.

He is an adult. Not fact, this post is speculation, and it belongs in the courtroom.

Both men are ...were ADULTS.
Fact: He will be tried as such.

I have not read anything about strangulation from any MSM source. I consider that a rumor, unless proven otherwise. No link means rumor.

Strangulation was reported by one reporter yesterday, but it seems that he’s removed that report. Here's the reference in WS thread #4, but the link in the post no longer has the article mentioned in the post. I suspect the reporter either (a) was making it up as he went along, or (b) was reporting on rumor.

CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #4
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...m/forums/showpost.php?p=13862318&share_type=t

Yes, I think if he was such a nazi or anti gay to seek someone out to kill that there would be online evidence of his deeply held hate filled beliefs.

You are right, we actually don't have any evidence that he was racist OR that he was anti-gay, either.
My point is simply that racists do not always "own it."

I also don't think someone would have to be an outspoken nazi on social media to be capable of a hate crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member