Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it occurred to anyone else to question why LE (presumably) let this text conversation about "outing" out (as well as the information about what SW told them about the kiss)?

I can't help but think that perhaps someone in LE finds Blaze's homosexuality distasteful and is purposely trying to garner support for a (potentially) "poor straight guy" who was hit on by a homosexual.

Releasing these particular bits is questionable IMO.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

(2) Maybe either they patched things up or SW acted as if they had so he could lure BB into hanging out with him.

There was a reference late yesterday (Monday) to a SW imgur site which, according to the reference, showed SW 'outing' guys he had catfished. Do we have a link to this?

It seems that SW was 'hitting on' BB (the latter's words) and I really hope the dynamics of this will be revealed through verifiable evidence. This would include not only this June 2017 incident, but the January 2 evening plus early history between the two (if there was any) at OCSA. We can't really get a big picture without all of these pieces.

Has it occurred to anyone else to question why LE (presumably) let this text conversation about "outing" out (as well as the information about what SW told them about the kiss)?

I can't help but think that perhaps someone in LE finds Blaze's homosexuality distasteful and is purposely trying to garner support for a (potentially) "poor straight guy" who was hit on by a homosexual.

Was it LE that released the details or some other actor (e.g. SW's attorney, a LE leaker, someone else who had access to the affidavit, etc)?

Was it LE that released the details or some other actor (e.g. SW's attorney, a LE leaker, someone else who had access to the affidavit, etc)?
Whoever it was, I believe the motivation is the same, that it's working to a degree, and that it's deplorable.

I have to say, I thought it was in disgusting taste to release yesterday, the day of Blaze's funeral, what was released regarding the murder. The community and the family were honoring their beloved and to have this hitting the media at the same time seemed so disrespectful, cruel and unnecessary.

Just another note. First, I'm not convinced that BB outed SW yet, but, here's my thinking on this.

There are two ways to look at what's happening here.

1 - that this centers on the wrongness of outing someone in the LGBT community.

2 - that this centers on the persistent view in this country that an assault on "masculinity" is a pretty good defense, that it makes a perpetrator of a horrendous crime more sympathetic.

In some ways this kind of defense of "he tried to kiss me" is similar to the defense of "she claimed I had a 2 inch ****". I recall a woman I knew getting beaten by her ex boyfriend for supposedly saying something like the latter, and suddenly the beating (broke her nose) was justifiable in the eyes of the community.

Note that while I understand that sexual identity has nothing to do with masculinity, we know that in much of society it absolutely does.

I think we are being manipulated to a degree by this leak of partial information.

Re: Sleeping Bag
Apparently police do not need a warrant to collect evidence from trash left on the street for collection. Police also admit that SW's house was being watched since earlier interviews so perhaps the officers had a poke around in the bins on trash collection day?

People and AP, most currently, say otherwise for now, with an authority, Braun not confirming details, if you check the media thread here

And it includes a statement in reaction from the Bernsteins.

FindHG, thank you for posting all these news updates and links.

My heart just keeps breaking for Blaze’s family and friends. [emoji174]

This thread is closed for review and cleanup, mostly due to all the rumors that have been brought in and that are being discussed. It may or may not open again tonight.

We have other threads that have to be attended to, yet this one is creating the bulk of the work here tonight and we just don't have the staff to sit here in real time 24/7 to monitor what is going on.

Sorry that it has come to this. May take another hour or so to clean it up.

Check back later.

Thank you sillybilly and all the moderators for the work you do. Don’t know how you manage it all!

I disagree. I don't approve of what SW did but unless you're a man who was born and raised in the type of culture that SW was apparently raised in you can't understand what SW may have been feeling.
And if the reports are correct that Blaze outed SW, well, then, I've lost a lot of respect for Blaze. That is a cardinal sin among gay men, you DO NOT, EVER, under ANY circumstances out someone and if this was done to SW out of spite that makes it all the worse. I AM NOT saying that Blaze "deserved" anything that happened to him so don't interpret my words like that but I am saying that I can understand SW's anger, resentment and his feelings and if this report is true I have a great deal of sympathy for him.

I was outed once out of spite and while I didn't murder anyone I did deliver a solid thrashing, as our British friends might say, to the offender. Outing me in the way that person did could have gotten me seriously hurt or killed because he outed me to a group of good ol' redneck boys who lived in our dorm who after learning of my sexuality made it quite clear to me that I was an abomination, a mistake and a "vile sinner" and that the bible commands gay men to be stoned to death Two of them were expelled from the university the following year for posting KKK recruitment posters and applications to join the Klan in our dormitory common room. In the interests of full disclosure, I attended the Univ of Texas.

JMO

First, I want to thank you for this perspective. I think you are right that in canonizing a victim, we may lose sight of the invaluable lessons and warnings that these horrific crimes often offer. No one is perfect and I’m sure we have all been less than delicate at one point or another with another’s heart. I am NOT excusing SW’s crime, but if we do not as a society learn from this, it will be a double tragedy.

People are fragile, especially in matters of the heart. If said person is also predisposed to mental issues or other strife, we could be dealing with ticking timebombs. Add social media to the mix and you have an incredible accelerant.

When I was Blaze’s age, I disregarded the frailty of young men who felt for me more than I for them, to the point of horrible consequence, though not as horrible as this. My mother told me to remember the fine line between love and hate and to be careful with others’ hearts.

My point is, no one deserves to be murdered, however, we can control what we do to others. We must encourage people to look out for people who are troubled and not exploit them. Especially with the advent of social media, we have so much more power to destroy. We also have so much power to heal.

RIP Blaze.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread is closed for review and cleanup, mostly due to all the rumors that have been brought in and that are being discussed. It may or may not open again tonight.

We have other threads that have to be attended to, yet this one is creating the bulk of the work here tonight and we just don't have the staff to sit here in real time 24/7 to monitor what is going on.

Sorry that it has come to this. May take another hour or so to clean it up.

Check back later.

Thank you, sillybilly ❤️🧡[emoji169][emoji172][emoji170][emoji171]

There's more current information in the video.

And this most recent version from AP

Carrie Braun, a public information officer for the Orange County Sheriff’s Department, would not confirm to The Associated Press if Bernstein was stabbed but said “the condition of the body at the time it was discovered turned it from a missing person to a homicide immediately.”
This story has been corrected to show that while The Orange County Register reported Bernstein was stabbed, the manner of death has not been confirmed by officials.

https://www.apnews.com/2ac957d591fc...student-reportedly-stabbed-more-than-20-times
o

“according to a 16-page search warrant affidavit obtained by The Orange County Register.”

I wonder if this is the same 16-page affidavit that was reported last week, and they’re just releasing more details from it. Seems too much of a coincidence that OCR is the only one to have it and it’s also 16 pages.

First, I want to thank you for this perspective. I think you are right that in canonizing a victim, we may lose sight of the invaluable lessons and warnings that these horrific crimes often offer. No one is perfect and I’m sure we have all been less than delicate at one point or another with another’s heart. I am NOT excusing SW’s crime, but if we do not as a society learn from this, it will be a double tragedy.

People are fragile, especially in matters of the heart. If said person is also predisposed to mental issues or other strife, we could be dealing with ticking timebombs. Add social media to the mix and you have an incredible accelerant.

When I was Blaze’s age, I disregarded the frailty of young men who felt for me more than I for them, to the point of horrible consequence, though not as horrible as this. My mother told me to remember the fine line between love and hate and to be careful with others’ hearts.

My point is, no one deserves to be murdered, however, we can control what we do to others. We must encourage people to look out for people who are troubled and not exploit them. Especially with the advent of social media, we have so much more power to destroy. We also have so much power to heal.

RIP Blaze.

That was really well said.

About 12 hours late when this was posted....

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...ed-at-least-20-times-in-possible-act-of-rage/

Woodward was arrested Friday after crime lab technicians determined that blood found on a sleeping bag in his possession belonged to Bernstein, the Register learned.

But I thought the LE found these items (i.e. sleeping bag) when he WAS arrested. How could the crime lab determine it was Blaze's blood BEFORE he was arrested??

Don't know if anyone else caught this - haven't read the last 100 posts...

This has probably already been answered, but LE had 3 search warrants prior to the arrest. They conducted the search, recovered some evidence (possibly the sleeping bag, probably blood or other dna), analyzed the evidence, and THEN made the arrest.

Still unclear what the 3 search warrants were for, but speculation has been some combination of SW’s home, car, cell phone records, computer, dna.

But - if the LE found all this camping stuff in the rental car - can't remember all that was there - when they arrested him - my question was - how did the crime lab find blood on the sleeping bag BEFORE SW was arrested when LE didn't have the sleeping bag until AFTER he was arrested....

:thinking:

The camping stuff in the car was observed very early in the case, during the missing person investigation, just a day or two after BB went missing, IIRC.

Society is much more accepting now and well should be. Nowadays, those good 'ol redneck boys would be held accountable for their terrible behavior towards you.

rssb

Unfortunately, this all too often still is not the case, imo.

Toxic masculinity and hate of “otherness” still exists, as does the violence and trauma borne from it. [emoji20] It exists, and I see it happening to LGBTQ friends and innocents in my own community. They still live in fear. They are still targeted simply because they exist.

In my opinion, that hate, and to some extent, self-loathing that is fed by that dynamic, will probably play out in the dynamics of this case, too. But only time will tell. I could be wrong.

MOO

Thank you to D'Anthropologist for sharing your insight and to Gone Girl for your wisdom. Humans are complex, a mixture of flaws and beauty. IMO, outing someone can have devastating consequences, though, as you say, does not excuse the retaliation of SW. It is hard sometimes to temper our judgment with mercy. I think the Bernstein family is trying to do just that. Perhaps, as you say, we can learn many things from this horrific tragedy and treat each other with the kindness we hope to receive.

RIP Blaze.

Finding out how BB died shattered me. I now wonder aloud if perhaps the 'dirt' under his nails was also blood. Possible; because days later whatever was under his nails was still visible. I hope SW never sees the light of day again as a free man. This is my wish for this murderer. Heinous and cruel; esp cruel was his crime even after the fact. I'll hope these are added as well. The photo this morning of the crime scene tape show a view across the way to; is that the school building? Just worst of all; that it was his childhood elementary school off in the distance. I want to know why he had a rental car, where is the car he picked BB up in; as well as the exact crime scene. I think it was the parking lot of the hobby lobby; myself. This killer has lied about everything; so anything he said about BB I have discarded.
http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwsN7Rqzo?oc=wa

Just another note. First, I'm not convinced that BB outed SW yet, but, here's my thinking on this.

There are two ways to look at what's happening here.

1 - that this centers on the wrongness of outing someone in the LGBT community.

2 - that this centers on the persistent view in this country that an assault on "masculinity" is a pretty good defense, that it makes a perpetrator of a horrendous crime more sympathetic.

In some ways this kind of defense of "he tried to kiss me" is similar to the defense of "she claimed I had a 2 inch ****". I recall a woman I knew getting beaten by her ex boyfriend for supposedly saying something like the latter, and suddenly the beating (broke her nose) was justifiable in the eyes of the community.

Note that while I understand that sexual identity has nothing to do with masculinity, we know that in much of society it absolutely does.

I think we are being manipulated to a degree by this leak of partial information.

Oh you can be more than sure; it is now public knowledge in several articles. This fact may be the MO for this ruthless killer SW. The meeting as well; may have been about clearing the air; but SW lies. This is also fact. He lies about his very identity. I think many of these facts will lead LE to charge Murder in the First degree w esp cruel and heinous charge tacked on for good measure.
RIP BB. When I think of his siblings; I crack.

I just started to read from the last post back and I see I missed a lot. If this is the case, I agree that it is extremely manipulative. So BB outed SW?? SW is straight? BB was stabbed multiple times (like 20)?
Are these statements believed to be accurate? If so flips this case for me....I mean stabbed 20 times?

BYE THE WAY LOVE "KITTY" GOLIGHTLEY! So clever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler