Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was during the press conference on 1/11, just after they found the body, but before the arrest. The OCSD spokesman said it. Went back thru the posts and all the links to the PC are either broken or have been updated. But I recall hearing directly from the OCSD spokesman’s mouth during the PC.

Don’t know how to link to previous threads, but it’s around post #1008 in thread #3.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-Bernstein-19-Lake-Forest-2-Jan-2018-3/page68

SW chose ‘girlfriend’ as his alibi. Since he couldn’t prove it in its entirety, why not say ‘a friends house’. A young guy may not know a last name of a friend or buddy early on, that’s not unheard of. He would have possibly had a tiny bit more wiggle room, as opposed to how do you not know the last name or address of your girlfriend? That was an instant lack of credibility.

Was that a lack of savviness/intelligence on his part...or...was it savvy control move for the way he wanted it scripted?

Do we know or has it be said/confirmed/reported that BB was gay?

"We are saddened to hear, on the day we laid our son to rest, that gruesome details of the cause of his death were published," Gideon Bernstein and Jeanne Pepper Bernstein wrote. "Our son was a beautiful gentle soul who we loved more than anything. We were proud of everything he did and who he was. He had nothing to hide. We are in solidarity with our son and the LGBTQ community."

http://beta.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-blaze-bernstein-details-killing-20180116-story.html

SW chose ‘girlfriend’ as his alibi. Since he couldn’t prove it in its entirety, why not say ‘a friends house’. A young guy may not know a last name of a friend or buddy early on, that’s not unheard of. He would have possibly had a tiny bit more wiggle room, as opposed to how do you not know the last name or address of your girlfriend? That was an instant lack of credibility.

Was that a lack of savviness/intelligence on his part...or...was it savvy control move for the way he wanted it scripted?
"I'm not gay, I have a girlfriend and everything." MOO as to why he used that instead of something else.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm also very curious about the new affidavit-based revelations in yesterday's OC Register story.

Were they from the same affidavit referenced in last week's story, the one that was quickly sealed after?

Or is this from ANOTHER, subsequent, affidavit as the investigation progressed that the OCR was able to get it's hand on.

If the former, then why wait a week to disclose those facts?

I also think I recall references to the "original" affidavit of having been 16 pages in length. Yet there was some reference yesterday to (paraphrasing) "maybe we'll know more tomorrow (today) when the full 30-page affidavit is released". This would lead to the conclusion that there are 2 separate affidavits.

And it also makes me want to see the "30-page affidavit". However, I wonder if it will ever be public.

"I'm not gay, I have a girlfriend and everything." MOO as to why he used that instead of something else.

That’s my thought, it is a selective move. It also points to not caring about how outlandish it is that he doesn’t recall those details.

‘Who cares, I GET TO CALL IT *OUT* even if it is questionable to everyone. I have a girlfriend (even though I don’t)’. Just my paraphrased opinion.

A couple potential reasons for this, either or both of which may be true. I believe both are true.

1) SW was still in his mind in the closet - a gay man in the closet will go to great lengths to hide his homosexuality

2) Knowing that there was evidence that the crime had a homosexual nature to it, SW was naturally trying to deflect suspicion from himself

[Quote Originally Posted by Gussified]
Right I’m with you. Possibilities:
1) completely unrelated to murder, just a coincidence (unlikely)
2) rented before the murder for the purpose of murder, indicates premeditation (but LE says not premeditated, so probably not this)]Quote

On 2-‘LE says not premeditated’. I haven’t seen that before, please point me to that link. TIA

BBM. I don't think the OCSD said no premeditation -- I think it was early on in the investigation and OCSD may have referred to it is a homicide (as opposed to murder) because they didn't know what happened. Here is the link that the OP posted in regards to the no premeditation issue -- if you scroll down there is a second video and at the end the reporter refers to it being called a "a homicide, not a murder, so no premeditation...." http://ktla.com/2018/01/11/document-reveals-new-details-in-blaze-bernstein-death-investigation/

A couple potential reasons for this, either or both of which may be true. I believe both are true.

1) SW was still in his mind in the closet - a gay man in the closet will go to great lengths to hide his homosexuality

2) Knowing that there was evidence that the crime had a homosexual nature to it, SW was naturally trying to deflect suspicion from himself

Agree with your points, makes sense. Thanks for your insight.

As a gay man, I personally think Blaze was lured to a meetup, and this crime was premeditated. Hate Crime vs Crime of Passion comingled. SW was certainly a conflicted individual when it came to Blaze. I say this only because of SW sm posts that I’ve read. All jmo. Remember, many gay people are reading on this thread. Please don’t let one gay “expert” speak for all of us. It simply is not true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe but if it can be proven that SW knew about BB letting his secret out, that plays to premeditation.

And the fact that he might have brought a knife with him to this late night meeting.

That doesn't mean the sleeping bag was included. The sleeping bag could have been the only thing he removed from the car after the murder because he knew it was the only thing used that night with potential evidence on it.

We also don't know how much blood or if any attempt was made to clean it up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The sleeping bag was found somewhere during the search at the house.

I'm also very curious about the new affidavit-based revelations in yesterday's OC Register story.

Were they from the same affidavit referenced in last week's story, the one that was quickly sealed after?

Or is this from ANOTHER, subsequent, affidavit as the investigation progressed that the OCR was able to get it's hand on.

If the former, then why wait a week to disclose those facts?

I also think I recall references to the "original" affidavit of having been 16 pages in length. Yet there was some reference yesterday to (paraphrasing) "maybe we'll know more tomorrow (today) when the full 30-page affidavit is released". This would lead to the conclusion that there are 2 separate affidavits.

And it also makes me want to see the "30-page affidavit". However, I wonder if it will ever be public.

I think the new OC Register article about affidavit-based revelations is partially based on a new affidavit and partially based on a prior affidavit that the Register reported. The reason I think that is that the new article says this: "Sheriff’s detectives had Woodward under surveillance for several days before taking him into custody, and at one point secretly attached a court-approved GPS device to Woodward’s rental car, the affidavit said." https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...ed-at-least-20-times-in-possible-act-of-rage/

I think the "court approved GPS device" was probably granted by the court in response to the first affidavit that was filed/reported and that a second affidavit was then filed which referred to the GPS that was installed. I also think it's possible that the Register has a LE source who is leaking/showing the affidavits to the newspaper but that the source is not letting the Register have a physical copy of of the affidavits. MOO and speculation!

BBM. Yes, I found it odd that the Register said that the affidavit indicated that BB "may have been planning to sexually pursue Woodward." In my mind the Register did not quote anything from the affidavit that really supported that conclusion.

"[FONT=&amp]In one conversation, Bernstein wrote that Woodward was about to “hit on me” and “he made me promise not to tell anyone … but I have texted every one, uh oh.”
[/FONT]https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/15/blaze-bernstein-stabbed-at-least-20-times-in-possible-act-of-rage/[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
hit on
phrasal verb of hit

discover or think of, especially by chance.
    "she hit on a novel idea for fund-raising"

BBM. I don't think the OCSD said no premeditation -- I think it was early on in the investigation and OCSD may have referred to it is a homicide (as opposed to murder) because they didn't know what happened. Here is the link that the OP posted in regards to the no premeditation issue -- if you scroll down there is a second video and at the end the reporter refers to it being called a "a homicide, not a murder, so no premeditation...." http://ktla.com/2018/01/11/document-reveals-new-details-in-blaze-bernstein-death-investigation/

Well, again, the original links are broken, but I heard the words from the OCSD spokesperson’s mouth during the press conference. Not just a paraphrased version in MSM recap. He said something to the effect of, we do not believe that it was premeditated. If you can find the full video of that PC, the one following the discovery of the body but before the arrest, you’ll see for yourself. I believe it was during the q&a following the prepared statements.

eta: Incidentally, at the time, I thought LE may have been saying this just to encourage the suspect to talk.

I don’t know how to link to a previous post, but oceanblueeyes posted a theory on pg 65 which I agree with.

There is a possibility that SW was hiding his real identity from BB on the night. Perhaps dying his hair beforehand (so that BB would get into the car), picked him up in another car. What if they started chatting using another app then switched to Snapchat. BB might not have known it was SW. Perhaps SW was using a SnapChat account that contained a fake name.

Also, if there was GPS device installed on his vehicle (rented or his own), then LE were able to follow his whereabouts and perhaps he even dumped the murder weapon somewhere. Since he held onto the sleeping back for days and days, he may not have dumped the murder weapon for a few days too. LE may even have the weapon and are not disclosing that?

Also I know “outing” another is a terrible thing but so are a lot of other acts. Nothing justifies being murdered in my mind. SW is a sick individual.

BBM. Yes, I found it odd that the Register said that the affidavit indicated that BB "may have been planning to sexually pursue Woodward." In my mind the Register did not quote anything from the affidavit that really supported that conclusion.

I think this may refer to the statement in the OC Register article that the affidavit said that (on the night of the murder) BB tried to kiss SW on the lips and that SW pushed BB off of him.

"[FONT=&amp]On the night that Bernstein went missing, according to the affidavit, he and Woodward parked outside a Hobby Lobby in Lake Forest. The affidavit also noted that Woodward told investigators that Bernstein kissed him on the lips, and that he pushed Bernstein away.

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Investigators said in the affidavit that as he recounted that part of his story, Woodward clenched his jaw and his fists, saying “he wanted to tell Blaze to get off of him.”"

[/FONT]But we only have SW's word for that.[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...ed-at-least-20-times-in-possible-act-of-rage/

Investigators uncovered text messages Woodward sent to two female friends in June that implied he had previously rejected a romantic advance from Bernstein. “He made me promise not to tell anyone … but I have texted every one, uh oh,” Woodward wrote in one message cited in the affidavit. He later told authorities that Bernstein had tried to kiss him on the lips just hours before the Penn student’s disappearance.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/c...rnia-stabbed-20-times-20180116.html?mobi=true

As a gay man, I personally think Blaze was lured to a meetup, and this crime was premeditated. Hate Crime vs Crime of Passion comingled. SW was certainly a conflicted individual when it came to Blaze. I say this only because of SW sm posts that I’ve read. All jmo. Remember, many gay people are reading on this thread. Please don’t let one gay “expert” speak for all of us. It simply is not true.

All of this. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members