Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(SNIP-SNIP)On the "hacking" note-I did look up the referenced case of Jenna Van Gelderen-(SNIP-SNIP)
"From the interview episode 105 with Jenna’s father, Jenna’s father speaking.
(SNIP-SNIP)
Because I had access to her phone, T-Mobile was able to let me ghost a new phone with her phonenumber. And my son who’s technology savvy was able to change all her passwords and get into all her Google and G-mail account, everything, and we turned all that information over to the police(SNIP-SNIP) There was a trove of information. And when we gave it to the police they said well you got it illegally, we can’t look at it, your daughter might sue you over this.(SNIP-SNIP)..and we had that information and gave it to the police. As recently -as a couple offweek ago- they were still questioning whether I owned the account, although we gave them all the information. “

=== HACKING vs NOT HACKING ===
In this case NOT LIKE BERNSTEIN as I understand it, BECAUSE, in Blaze’s case,(immo, and going by a few presumptions from how things worked when I attended college), Blaze still met “legal minor dependent” status.

In the referenced case discussed here, as I understand it..

• She was a 25 year old “ADULT”, who had reached the age of majority (18yrs old), and who by the age criteria 25yrs old, even if she were still in college...I’ve no clue if she was, but unlike Blaze, she was beyond the 24yr old MAX Age Limit, so again, FULL BLOWN “Independent ADULT”...

• Just checked the MAX AGE DEPENDENT limit for IRS = it is 18yrs old, OR Must be younger than You, and a student who is less than 24yrs old at the end of the calendar year...(except permanent total disabled, that have to met other criteria)..

https://www.irs.gov/faqs/filing-req...dependents-exemptions/dependents-exemptions-2

So, in this case, UNLIKE BLAZE’s...
This person is an “INDEPENDENT ADULT”, so it would be:

• An ADULT (Parent) without the person’s permission or knowledge..(potential victim)...accessing another Independent ADULT (Their grown Adult, even if child/potential victim) person’s personal equipment/property...which is the SAME, as if a completely unknown 3rd Party, were to access the victim’s equipment/property without their permission or knowledge...
= HACKING, Illegal

• This last case (scenario) example, is relevant from the perspective that current laws have failed to keep up with Society’s current level of technology, and while I see the beauty of the legal argument & its general historical precedent of personal property/ownership, (imho) the law needs to be revised with an exception for when the individual may be missing or potentially in danger and/or is suspected of facing eminent harm or may already be a victim of physical harm. (Jmoo)...and in Blaze’s case (imoo) it is just lucky that he still met the ‘minor dependent’ criteria..so it wouldn’t be a question even if raised.

All of the above is just my own humble opinion, views, thoughts, theories, and Big Fish Tales; unless, otherwise,indicated with a Website URL and/or my referencing a specific source...Thanks!

First of all, just because SW attended mass and took communion doesn't mean he went to confession. They arent linked. Second, if he did go to confession and told the priest something about the crime, that will never make it into court unless SW and his attorney agree to it. Even if the priest violated the sanctity of the confessional (which isn't going to happen) it still isn't admissible in court.

I thought if he had committed a mortal sin he couldn't take communion without going to confession first. It would be another sin to do so, no?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought if he had committed a mortal sin he couldn't take communion without going to confession first. It would be another sin to do so, no?

Yes true. The priest would have to told him to confess the crime and receive his punishment. You either pay for it here on earth or when you die.

I took it that SW was excited to take communion.

If SW didn’t go to confession...Could be that SW was excited to take communion, as a demonstration that he did not commit a mortal sin.

If SW did go to confession...Could be that SW was excited to take communion, as a demonstration that he’s been absolved of his sin?

Just out of curiosity for any experts on Catholicism...can a priest absolve you of a sin like murder? I thought they must tell you to confess to the authorities and face the consequences first?

Just out of curiosity for any experts on Catholicism...can a priest absolve you of a sin like murder? I thought they must tell you to confess to the authorities and face the consequences first?

I’m thinking the priest must tell the person to turn themselves in or they would not be receiving the grace of confession and absolution. Imo

I'm still stuck on scouting-but not in the way that some of you are. Odds are if SW were an Eagle Scout, it would be something you could find-a mention in a newspaper, on a website,a photo. I know it's possible that it slipped through the cracks, but....

The troop that he would probably belong to based on residence and family involvement does not include him on their Eagle Scout honor roll. The list is long and goes up to 2017 so I would think he would be included.
Based on family involvement it could be inferred that many family members might feel comfortable with knives used in scouting, and one could suppose that they might carry a knife at all times (I do, and I am certainly no Boy or Girl Scout).

Would anyone care if the lawyer lied about SW being an Eagle Scout? If SW at one time was working towards his Eagle Scout rank, but fell short?
Ha, well, I also tried to confirm if he was an Eagle Scout. I was betting he wasn't, either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I’m thinking the priest must tell the person to turn themselves in or they would not be receiving the grace of confession and absolution. Imo

If his family believes he is guilty, I'm sure he's going to be under a lot of pressure to confess. Better to pay in this world than the next.

Regarding boy scouts, there is another troop in Newport Beach where you can't find out anything on the website without being a scout. Maybe he wanted to go to a different troop than his brother. I think it would be pretty bad if the lawyer lied about that. Maybe he mixed him up with his brother?

I really don't think a killer is going to have much of a conscience about not receiving absolution prior to communion.

Ha, well, I also tried to confirm if he was an Eagle Scout. I was betting he wasn't, either.

Interesting, if true that he wasn't.

Yes that is what I was told in my Catholic teachings.

Does SW have siblings? Anyone know if he lives with both of his parents.

I believe he has at least one brother. I guess we're not supposed to investigate siblings here, though it might be relevant if the brother turns out to be the Eagle Scout instead of Sam.

I don't know where Sam has been living.

Catholic funeral. A non-catholic nephew questioning non-catholic aunt's multiple non-verbal attempts sit do not take communion while non-catholic mom was pushing son go up..dad's families Catholic. Aunt.... lets go speak with the Priest.

Priest: "If you are weighing sins...the bigger sin is a son not listing to his mother."

I believe he has at least one brother. I guess we're not supposed to investigate siblings here, though it might be relevant if the brother turns out to be the Eagle Scout instead of Sam.

I don't know where Sam has been living.

His brother Clay is listed as becoming an Eagle Scout in 2013. I think Sam lives with his parents. He went to community college for a year.

it is an interesting question. What would a priest do if someone confessed to just murdering someone? Probably need a strong drink after that confession!!

Snipped:

Woodward’s parents, Blake and Michele, sat in the second row of the courtroom with Wilbur Davis, a retired priest whom they’ve known for 10 years through Our Lady Queen of Angels Catholic Church in Newport Beach. They recited the Lord’s Prayer before the court proceeding began.

Davis described the family as “devout” in their Catholic faith. Woodward’s parents attend Mass nearly every day, he said.

“We are all in shock,” Davis said. “Both sides are in pain. Both sides are victims,” he added, alluding to the Woodward and Bernstein families.

Davis said he last saw Woodward at church on Jan. 7, when he expressed excitement about taking Communion. The bread and wine offered during the ceremony represent the body, blood, soul and divinity of Christ.

WOODWARD WAS NAMED FOR THE PROPHET SAMUEL, a leader of ancient Israel whose story is highlighted in the Old Testament, Davis said”

SW is named after the OT prophet, a leader of ancient Israel whose story is highlighted in the Old Testament...says Davis the priest. WHO SAYS THAT!? Even if it is true!? Who cares who he was named after!? I’m actually thinking this banter is a positive because it’s such an obvious and failed attempt to make SW look holy. I’m also wondering why he felt led to tag on “ANCIENT ISRAEL”, is that an attempt to dispel racism? ‘SAMUEL, OT prophet’ is sufficient for name reference.

http://www.latimes.com/socal/daily-pilot/news/tn-dpt-me-woodward-charges-20180117-story.html

I think Father Davis sounds like an old man that is just babbling on more than he should because he thinks he needs to say something. The Diocese should probably tell him to not speak about the matter any more.

Snipped:

Woodward’s parents, Blake and Michele, sat in the second row of the courtroom with Wilbur Davis, a retired priest whom they’ve known for 10 years through Our Lady Queen of Angels Catholic Church in Newport Beach. They recited the Lord’s Prayer before the court proceeding began.

Davis described the family as “devout” in their Catholic faith. Woodward’s parents attend Mass nearly every day, he said.

“We are all in shock,” Davis said. “Both sides are in pain. Both sides are victims,” he added, alluding to the Woodward and Bernstein families.

Davis said he last saw Woodward at church on Jan. 7, when he expressed excitement about taking Communion. The bread and wine offered during the ceremony represent the body, blood, soul and divinity of Christ.

WOODWARD WAS NAMED FOR THE PROPHET SAMUEL, a leader of ancient Israel whose story is highlighted in the Old Testament, Davis said”

SW is named after the OT prophet, a leader of ancient Israel whose story is highlighted in the Old Testament...says Davis the priest. WHO SAYS THAT!? Even if it is true!? Who cares who he was named after!? I’m actually thinking this banter is a positive because it’s such an obvious and failed attempt to make SW look holy. I’m also wondering why he felt led to tag on “ANCIENT ISRAEL”, is that an attempt to dispel racism? ‘SAMUEL, OT prophet’ is sufficient for name reference.

http://www.latimes.com/socal/daily-pilot/news/tn-dpt-me-woodward-charges-20180117-story.html

I seem to be playing devils advocate today on WS (pun?) and not really meaning to....

I can imagine a retired priest lives and breaths his religion and possibly is just talking about what he knows. He's also a really good friend of the family so I can see him trying everything in his power to not only make his friends look good but also his religion? idk

It appears SW lives at the family’s $1.7M home. Not sure where the sibling or siblings are living, nor can comment on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper