Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My only comment regarding this is children whos parents are more well off have a significant advantage in terms of education (both education itself and quality of teachers) and the ability to access better mental and physical health services, and tend to.

SW had so much going for him to fall down the hole of being a nazi. And from the looks of it, he wasnt quiet about it. I DO find it hard to believe his parents didnt know, i lean more towards they did know and dismissed it (either because they agreed with it up to a point or just thought it to be harmless) I mean the kid went to a camp and those who go that far typically dont stay quiet about it.

My only comment regarding this is children whos parents are more well off have a significant advantage in terms of education (both education itself and quality of teachers) and the ability to access better mental and physical health services, and tend to.

SW had so much going for him to fall down the hole of being a nazi. And from the looks of it, he wasnt quiet about it. I DO find it hard to believe his parents didnt know, i lean more towards they did know and dismissed it (either because they agreed with it up to a point or just thought it to be harmless) I mean the kid went to a camp and those who go that far typically dont stay quiet about it.

Yes, they do, however...they are often given material things in lieu of love, affection, emotional support.

Before we go down the same path we did with religion, can we just stop and think about how we’re phrasing things?

It’s one thing to say, ‘there are some messed up kids from wealthy families’. Quite another to say, ‘kids from wealthy families are messed up’.

NO, not all wealthy families are detached, uncaring, high pressure. Probably not even the majority. If you want to claim that, then produce some sources.

In my post, I used the qualifiers 'some' or 'many' or 'often' in every statement.

For example:

...'I can say from experience, that many kids from very wealthy families grow up in dysfunctional homes...'

'...Some of the most messed up kids I ever met have very wealthy parents...'

'...There are often unrealistically high expectations placed on the kids...'

I never said that ALL healthy families are detached, etc.

BBM SM suggested that this was most likely the case.

In my post, I used the qualifiers 'some' or 'many' or 'often' in every statement.

For example:

...'I can say from experience, that many kids from very wealthy families grow up in dysfunctional homes...'

My comment was not directed at you. It was more directed at the general path we seem to be going down.

That being said, I would like to see support for any generalizations that assert ‘many’ or ‘most’ or ‘often’.

I mean, there are troubled & evil people from all walks of life. I just don’t think it’s helpful to generalize and indict an entire demographic to explain the actions of a single individual.

My comment was not directed at you. It was more directed at the general path we seem to be going down.

That being said, I would like to see support for any generalizations that assert ‘many’ or ‘most’ or ‘often’.

I mean, there are troubled & evil people from all walks of life. I just don’t think it’s helpful to generalize and indict an entire demographic to explain the actions of a single individual.

No one is generalizing an entire demographic. Saying that we are going on a path like that is reaching for straws imo

The only fact we know is more money parents have more likely charges wont stick on their kid. IE Brock Turner and Ethan Couch.... I also wont mention what else they have in common that helps this too

No one is generalizing an entire demographic. Saying that we are going on a path like that is reaching for straws imo

Read my words.
I’m asking people to be conscientious about the way they word things, and to provide support for their assertions.

I did not accuse anyone. I don’t understand why people are getting so defensive.

Read my words.
I’m asking people to be conscientious about the way they word things, and to provide support for their assertions.

I did not accuse anyone. I don’t understand why people are getting so defensive.

trust me, its not other people who are the ones getting defensive

For example:

Your comments are based on your opinions of those you knew for 17 years. No problem.

From your original post...

After 17 years of living in that community, I can say from experience, that many kids from very wealthy families grow up in dysfunctional homes with a lot of pressure and stress, that most of us do not recognize.

Read my words.

In a case like this, it's jarring to read thinly veiled defenses/excuses/support for SW and others are trying to keep perspective of who the victim is here, and who is the homophobic, xenophobic, racist Nazi. Of course, some will become defensive when their perspective/denial regarding a crime such as this is questioned. We have a lot of posters who were on the thread earlier on vociferously refuting reports that SW is a Nazi. Many of those posters are now gone from this thread because it's become uncomfortable for them. Sometimes we are forced to see things about ourselves and for some the response is introspection, and for some it's denial/defensiveness.

No one is saying every child that grows up in a wealthy family is ______(insert whatever opinion you like).

We are simply sharing possibilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a case like this, it's jarring to read thinly veiled defenses/excuses/support for SW and others are trying to keep perspective of who the victim is here, and who is the homophobic, xenophobic, racist Nazi. Of course, some will become defensive when their perspective/denial regarding a crime such as this is questioned. We have a lot of posters who were on the thread earlier on vociferously refuting reports that SW is a Nazi. Many of those posters are now gone from this thread because it's become uncomfortable for them. Sometimes we are forced to see things about ourselves and for some the response is introspection, and for some it's denial/defensiveness.

I have noticed their disappearing act.

I just thought ifunny is a junk source and wouldn't trust anything from it, nor any journalist that quoted it and other anonymous sources. The minute a high quality reporter came up with something that he personally verified, and looked at photos to see if they were available on the web or doctored, I totally believed it. Still doubt all the evidence suggests a hate crime, but I'm sure all his hate fueled his crime, and his involvement in this psychotic group.

Most people leave websleuths until something new happens I think. Not necessarily because they are uncomfortable that sam was in a hate group, at least one maybe more. Everyone will be back Friday.

Regarding wealth and kids with problems. My dad was an eccentric artist and we were always economically poor. In high school I got a full scholarship to one of the oldest boarding schools in the country. Lots of old money, from families that had a tradition of sending high school kids off to prep school. I was surprised how high a percentage of my friends had parents and grandparents with issues...alcohol and substance problems, money manipulations, incest, mental illness....dark secrets. Generations of wealth and generations of self-created problems. It seemed much higher than among the poor and middle class kids I knew. I think that when you remove the usual challenges people face..to pay for college, to get a job, save enough to have a family, etc, people still have a need to struggle, in order to grow and gain character. So they create problems and struggles to overcome. T

But this Atomwaffen is just a whole other level of nuts. Before the internet, it was much harder for really nutty people to find each other. Now, yikes!

I can't see Sam bringing his hate ideas up at the dinner table. I imagine he kept quite a number of things in the closet. JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All posters views and thoughts should be respected. Because some question some of the information that is being posted, or need more actual facts to reach a conclusion does not mean they are in denial, defensive or supportive of SW. It is a shame that this thread is no longer really about BB IMO, but more about proving that their belief and point of view is the right one and others are wrong in their thoughts.

All posters views and thoughts should be respected. Because some question some of the information that is being posted, or need more actual facts to reach a conclusion does not mean they are in denial, defensive or supportive of SW. It is a shame that this thread is no longer really about BB IMO, but more about proving that their belief and point of view is the right one and others are wrong in their thoughts.

BBM: This, on it's face is true, of course. However, some of us have been on the forum for a long time and familiar patterns emerge EVERY time with cases such as these. It gets tiresome and frustrating.

I just thought ifunny is a junk source and wouldn't trust anything from it, nor any journalist that quoted it and other anonymous sources. The minute a high quality reporter came up with something that he personally verified, and looked at photos to see if they were available on the web or doctored, I totally believed it. Still doubt all the evidence suggests a hate crime, but I'm sure all his hate fueled his crime, and his involvement in this psychotic group.

Most people leave websleuths until something new happens I think. Not necessarily because they are uncomfortable that sam was in a hate group, at least one maybe more. Everyone will be back Friday.

Regarding wealth and kids with problems. My dad was an eccentric artist and we were always economically poor. In high school I got a full scholarship to one of the oldest boarding schools in the country. Lots of old money, from families that had a tradition of sending high school kids off to prep school. I was surprised how high a percentage of my friends had parents and grandparents with issues...alcohol and substance problems, money manipulations, incest, mental illness....dark secrets. Generations of wealth and generations of self-created problems. It seemed much higher than among the poor and middle class kids I knew. I think that when you remove the usual challenges people face..to pay for college, to get a job, save enough to have a family, etc, people still have a need to struggle, in order to grow and gain character. So they create problems and struggles to overcome. T

But this Atomwaffen is just a whole other level of nuts. Before the internet, it was much harder for really nutty people to find each other. Now, yikes!

I can't see Sam bringing his hate ideas up at the dinner table. I imagine he kept quite a number of things in the closet. JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dont think you have ever met a proud Nazi. Its like being vegan or doing crossfit, its the only thing they want to talk about. from my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67