Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This will go on for a couple of years is my guess. I don't know if anyone remembers the Ashton Sachs case (kid in San Juan that killed his parents) but that went on for 2 years with continuous "pre-trial hearings" - the system takes a loooooooooooooooooooong time.

I live in OC and watch many local trials. I’m guessing about 4yrs of continuances unless he accepts a plea deal and I highly doubt that.

Also the OC reporter Michele Gile says he is still in custody ... hasn't made the 5million bail yet....

Also on twitter Michele Gile answered someone's question of why the postponement- said defense needs time to see the evidence which is trickling in said defense has about 65% of evidence so far...

I live in OC and watch many local trials. I’m guessing about 4yrs of continuances unless he accepts a plea deal and I highly doubt that.

I'll bet his parents bail him out before the next hearing. They too must be devastated! Then he'll live with them under house arrest and with an ankle monitor. I heard from a very reliable source (LE) that the question is just a matter of who pays for the ankle monitor.

I'll bet his parents bail him out before the next hearing. They too must be devastated! Then he'll live with them under house arrest and with an ankle monitor. I heard from a very reliable source (LE) that the question is just a matter of who pays for the ankle monitor.

This sounds about right. The ankle bracelet does have a monthly fee.

When SW makes bail he will be out about 4-5 yrs maybe longer while he attends these many Pre trial/ prelim hearings. I'm sure SW will get a nice preppie haircut letting his natural blonde color grow back and wearing a suit trying to look like a nice Catholic boy.

Charles Merrit arrested in 2014 still hasn't been tried for the McStay family murders in San Bernardino. CA is really back logged with criminal cases. High profile cases take much longer.

Must be nice to be free while poor, sweet, kind hearted Blaze is buried 6ft under. His parents, family and many friends will never see him again.

This whole thing just makes me sick to my stomach.

Something about his eyes....I see evil in his eyes. Frightening.

9b4e3fb8ce9d9a599f8c381d9e2be5b3.jpg

He looks mad and paranoid.

Here's another article:

Preliminary hearing set in Blaze Bernstein slaying; suspect is depressed, his attorney says
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-bernstein-slaying-20180302-story.html

A hearing was set for June in the murder case against Samuel Woodward, the Newport Beach man accused in the stabbing death of 19-year-old Blaze Bernstein, to determine whether prosecutors have enough evidence to move to trial.
.....set his preliminary hearing for June 14.
The hearing is expected to last half a day, attorneys told Orange County Superior Court Judge Gregory Jones.
[.....]
Woodward's attorney, Edward Munoz, said his client is depressed in jail and feels remorse for his family.

Guessing no one has bailed him out... :jail:

Are we supposed to feel sorry for him? IDGAF if he’s suicidal, he chose to take a life.....toughen up buttercup, things are not going to get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's another article:

Preliminary hearing set in Blaze Bernstein slaying; suspect is depressed, his attorney says
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-bernstein-slaying-20180302-story.html

A hearing was set for June in the murder case against Samuel Woodward, the Newport Beach man accused in the stabbing death of 19-year-old Blaze Bernstein, to determine whether prosecutors have enough evidence to move to trial.
.....set his preliminary hearing for June 14.
The hearing is expected to last half a day, attorneys told Orange County Superior Court Judge Gregory Jones.
[.....]
Woodward's attorney, Edward Munoz, said his client is depressed in jail and feels remorse for his family.

Guessing no one has bailed him out... :jail:

Omg is his attorney Munoz on the same planet as everyone else? Seriously, does he honestly think we care? Isn't that the point of incarceration? He's supposed to be depressed that's why it's called jail. What an idiot. Does he really think his going to get sympathy from the public. He stabbed to death a young innocent sweet young man and we are seriously supposed to care about SW? Give me a break is this attorney smoking crack or what.

A little more info..

Snip

The judge set a new preliminary hearing date, moving it from March to June 14 to give the defense time to review the evidence.

Defense attorney Edward Munoz said that discovery includes DNA evidence. He estimated he has about 65 percent of the evidence collected but there is more to come in, he said.

CBS2’s Michele Gile reported Munoz did not specify what that evidence might be.

Snip

Outside of court, Munoz described Woodward as depressed and feeling remorse and shame for his family.

The 20-year-old from Newport Beach reads the Bible in jail, his attorney says, and is visited by a priest from the family’s Catholic church.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/03/02/man-accused-killing-penn-student-faces-judge/

A little more info..

Snip

The judge set a new preliminary hearing date, moving it from March to June 14 to give the defense time to review the evidence.

Defense attorney Edward Munoz said that discovery includes DNA evidence. He estimated he has about 65 percent of the evidence collected but there is more to come in, he said.

CBS2’s Michele Gile reported Munoz did not specify what that evidence might be.

Snip

Outside of court, Munoz described Woodward as depressed and feeling remorse and shame for his family.

The 20-year-old from Newport Beach reads the Bible in jail, his attorney says, and is visited by a priest from the family’s Catholic church.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/03/02/man-accused-killing-penn-student-faces-judge/

It just dawned on me that SW 's attorney said SW is feeling "remorse". If you aren't guilty why would you feel remorse? Is that an odd statement for an attorney to make when your client is pleading not guilty?

It just dawned on me that SW 's attorney said SW is feeling "remorse". If you aren't guilty why would you feel remorse? Is that an odd statement for an attorney to make when your client is pleading not guilty?

Remorse for his family.

Remorse for his family.

But if you aren't guilty why would you feel remorse for your family? Its just an odd choice of words to me... remorse and shame for his family spells guilt for something he has done ... if you are innocent what is there to be remorseful about? I don't get it.

But if you aren't guilty why would you feel remorse for your family? Its just an odd choice of words to me... remorse and shame for his family spells guilt for something he has done ... if you are innocent what is there to be remorseful about? I don't get it.

I completely agree. That's a giveaway for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay