Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I've said before. This is a lose-lose situation. No one is happy. Not the Bernstein's who lost their beloved, inspiring son, not the Woodward's whose son is in jail and will be going to prison for murder. IMO both families are victims, the only one who isn't, is the accused. And that still needs to be determined through due process in a court of law.

Could be or could be stress, hormones?

That's what I was thinking too. Maybe a little stressed from committed the murder, and being arrested and stuff.

Those eyes though.....

He has Sanpaku eyes in the mugshot. Ann Rule wrote about Diane Downs and Ted Bundy both having Sanpaku eyes, where you can see the whites of the eyes above or below (in the case of Downs and Bundy) the pupil.

This isn't forensically supported other than the relation of sanpaku eyes to heightened or flattened emotional states. Humans can quickly 'read' emotions from our eyes, and the difference in the eyes in the two photos is chilling, partly because we pick up the 'whites of the eyes' so quickly.

The rule of thumb is that if you see someone with full Sanpaku eyes, watch out!

My thoughts on this that Blazes old classmate is trying to join some white nationalist group. killers usually pick an easy target with that being said Blaze was Jewish and gay and very trusting of his friend. I doubt blaze came on to him but I am sure that guy is filled with hate.

He has Sanpaku eyes in the mugshot. Ann Rule wrote about Diane Downs and Ted Bundy both having Sanpaku eyes, where you can see the whites of the eyes above or below (in the case of Downs and Bundy) the pupil.

This isn't forensically supported other than the relation of sanpaku eyes to heightened or flattened emotional states. Humans can quickly 'read' emotions from our eyes, and the difference in the eyes in the two photos is chilling, partly because we pick up the 'whites of the eyes' so quickly.

Bette Davis is listed as having sanpaku too.

Sanpaku is a Japenese term. White showing below iris supposed to mean danger from outsiders. "Reading (book) emotions is "physical" conditiong, training of a child such as look UP showing respect towards authority figures, stand UP straight & "make" eye contact." As a child looking up, a child's nose tilts up, physically sign as "looking up" "showing respect." As a 6 foot 2 inches in height man nose tilting up would not show a sign of respect. Whites show "looking up."

Graduation photo, photographer coaxing as well as relaxed position of body smiling.

My thoughts on this that Blazes old classmate is trying to join some white nationalist group. killers usually pick an easy target with that being said Blaze was Jewish and gay and very trusting of his friend. I doubt blaze came on to him but I am sure that guy is filled with hate.

That isn't a characteristic of white nationalist gangs, they don't require you to kill in order to join them. In fact, most WN gangs will expel you from their group if you murder someone because it brings unwanted attention from LE. I only know this because I had to hang out on a white nationalist web forum for a project when I was in grad school, I saw how they behaved towards their own people when those folks committed murder or even beat up someone badly enough to send them to the hospital. They are a very strange bunch of people.

Sanpaku is a Japenese term. White showing below iris supposed to mean danger from outsiders. "Reading (book) emotions is "physical" conditiong, training of a child such as look UP showing respect towards authority figures, stand UP straight & "make" eye contact." As a child looking up, a child's nose tilts up, physically sign as "looking up" "showing respect." As a 6 foot 2 inches in height man nose tilting up would not show a sign of respect. Whites show "looking up."

Graduation photo, photographer coaxing as well as relaxed position of body smiling.

I had never heard of this sanapaku eyes. But I just went through high school class photos and a whole lot of people have at least one eye like that. It really depends on the angle of the photograph I think. You also see a lot of models with these eyes. I think the photographer is trying to get that so their eyes look more dramatic. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=p...UIESgB&biw=1024&bih=653#imgrc=kjulhzxnADoK4M:

True, Ted Bundy has them in a lot of photos, but he liked to open his eyes wide too.

And Obama had them in his school photo:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=o...UIEigC&biw=1024&bih=653#imgrc=1QPXzoiNBr6N_M:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had never heard of this sanapaku eyes. But I just went through high school class photos and a whole lot of people have at least one eye like that. It really depends on the angle of the photograph I think. You also see a lot of models with these eyes. I think the photographer is trying to get that so their eyes look more dramatic. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=p...UIESgB&biw=1024&bih=653#imgrc=kjulhzxnADoK4M:

True, Ted Bundy has them in a lot of photos, but he liked to open his eyes wide too.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=o...UIEigC&biw=1024&bih=653#imgrc=1QPXzoiNBr6N_M:

.....except the angle of SW’s mugshot is direct frontal

I think the sanapaku eyes are more of an expression that most people can make if they want to, not a characteristic of a person necessarily. It's a very affectless expression, like kind of spaced out. He was probably told to make a blank face. And is in shock. And maybe the photographer was well aware of the case and wanted to make him look bad. In the videos of the non-arraignment he looks less menacing.

To me the 20 ish stab wounds to me indicates that he was enraged or out of his head somehow. It is so over the top and violent and personal. Maybe years of repressed rage, maybe Sam was sexually abused as a child and the encounter with Blaze brought it back, or maybe he's just a psychopath.

To me 20 blows with a knife also suggests that it wasn't planned. Strangulation would be a much more likely premeditation, or poison, or anything other than 20 plus stab wounds. And his alibi and everything he said shows no planning.

Maybe he blindly struck Blaze once in the neck in rage and the death was instant. Maybe the rest of the blows were in rage that he had died. I don't know how we will ever know all of it but the coroner's report should give a lot of hints.

I think the sanapaku eyes are more of an expression that most people can make if they want to, not a characteristic of a person necessarily. It's a very affectless expression, like kind of spaced out. He was probably told to make a blank face. And is in shock. And maybe the photographer was well aware of the case and wanted to make him look bad. In the videos of the non-arraignment he looks less menacing.

To me the 20 ish stab wounds to me indicates that he was enraged or out of his head somehow. It is so over the top and violent and personal. Maybe years of repressed rage, maybe Sam was sexually abused as a child and the encounter with Blaze brought it back, or maybe he's just a psychopath.

To me 20 blows with a knife also suggests that it wasn't planned. Strangulation would be a much more likely premeditation, or poison, or anything other than 20 plus stab wounds. And his alibi and everything he said shows no planning.

Maybe he blindly struck Blaze once in the neck in rage and the death was instant. Maybe the rest of the blows were in rage that he had died. I don't know how we will ever know all of it but the coroner's report should give a lot of hints.

Great input!

My thought is maybe it may have be premeditated another way but things went awry ending in 20 stabs. I think it can go either way

The more we hear of SW the less likely I feel that he and Blaze were ever friends. Blaze, open about his sexuality, and who has been described as compassionate, humourous, caring, accepting etc, in fact a very liberal young man, seems like the complete opposite of SW, who appears extremely conservative in his social viewpoint, and much less gregarious and appealing than Blaze personality wise. Maybe Blaze did have a crush on SW but I can't see him being attracted to SW's personality. I would love to know what brought them together that night.

This article talks about Woodward and some of his views. It's mainstream media so I hope I don't get a vacation for violating any rules.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...ervative-views/ar-AAuU5SF?ocid=ob-fb-enus-280

I just find the behaviour of this teacher who is telling anecdotes and sharing his views on SW's personality unprofessional to say the least, is this legal in the USA? In most European countries it is illegal for a teacher to speak to the media about a student accused of a murder or any type of crime. In fact, those working for a duly registered school would face immediate dismissal and also charges in court.

Particularly worrying is the fact he seems to carefully select the anecdotes he shares with the newspapers e.g. the rehearsal for a performance of a scene from the Tarantino movie as if trying to imply he knew before this tragedy happened that SW was violent.

If he knew, being a teacher myself, I wonder... what did he do about it, this knowledge he had? because teachers have a duty to take a holistic approach when dealing with their students. It is not only about their grades but also about caring & keeping an eye on their wellbeing and any signs of struggle they might spot and report those immediately to the youth interventionist -sorry, not sure if that is the term in English- and/or the psycho-pedagogue at the high school.

It is all too easy now that this crime has already been committed to reach the papers -this teacher, his classmates etc- and say they had noticed, long time ago, that his behaviour was not quite right.

I am finding huge differences between this case and how similar cases are dealt with in Europe when it comes to the media and the leaking of information. It is shocking.

Jmo.

I just find the behaviour of this teacher who is telling anecdotes and sharing his views on SW's personality unprofessional to say the least, is this legal in the USA? In most European countries it is illegal for a teacher to speak to the media about a student accused of a murder or any type of crime. In fact, those working for a duly registered school would face immediate dismissal and also charges in court.

Particularly worrying is the fact he seems to carefully select the anecdotes he shares with the newspapers e.g. the rehearsal for a performance of a scene from the Tarantino movie as if trying to imply he knew before this tragedy happened that SW was violent.

If he knew, being a teacher myself, I wonder... what did he do about it, this knowledge he had? because teachers have a duty to take a holistic approach when dealing with their students. It is not only about their grades but also about caring & keeping an eye on their wellbeing and any signs of struggle they might spot and report those immediately to the youth interventionist -sorry, not sure if that is the term in English- and/or the psycho-pedagogue at the high school.

It is all too easy now that this crime has already been committed to reach the papers -this teacher, his classmates etc- and say they had noticed, long time ago, that his behaviour was not quite right.

I am finding huge differences between this case and how similar cases are dealt with in Europe when it comes to the media and the leaking of information. It is shocking.

Jmo.

I wonder if the teacher is still working in the field of teaching. If not, it could be the reason he gave an interview. IMO

In googling, the former teacher sang a beautiful tribute song on social media about this case.

Jmo.

Your comment is on the fact the teacher said anything at all about him, rather than what he said?

I agree that teachers should not be going public with their students school life at all. In some ways it should be like with a priest or therapist, it should remain private.

But I've seen many occasions when teachers talk about their famous (infamous) students. A lot of times in documentaries about the subject.

I'm not seeing what they teacher said as bad or criticizing Woodward while he was his student. Just that he wasn't as outgoing as other students and mentioning he didn't see him as a bully.

Like I said before, I knew two brothers who went to OCSA, one if very over the top and dramatic, the other one is quieter and shyer. Many of those students do have big personalities, I met several of them when at my friend's house. (The mother of the two boys.) IME, IMO

I shiver to think what this arrested perpetrator’s eyes looked like while he was stabbing the victim 20+ times??!!

I reckon his eyes and facial expressions were far more nefarious looking than in his mugshot......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper